The Other's Stupid Plans

Remember Me

 

[May 2010]

[Daesung POV]

“This is good food, Mi Sun. I wish I had you living in my house.” Seungri says; his voice muffled by all the food stuffed in his mouth.

Mi Sun laughs and hands him a napkin, which he sheepishly takes. “Daesung took me in first.” She jokes. I smile secretly.

“How did you find the time to make all this food anyway?” Jiyong hyung asks, referring to the various dishes out on the table.

Mi Sun shrugs. “That’s what happens when you have a lot of time on you in a big house like this.”

“What is it you do here while I’m gone?” I suddenly ask, curious. She meets my eyes and smiles, making me feel all giddy. I break eye contact and reach for my drink, gulping it all down.

Mi Sun pours more in my cup, as she speaks, “Nothing I lounge around and let my mind wander.”

“That’s it?” Seunghyun hyung asks in disbelief. Mi Sun nods while hyung shakes his head. Hyung shares a look with YoungBae hyung, making the latter wink. YoungBae hyung turns to Mi Sun with a mischievous smile on his face. My hand stops, the food mid-way into my mouth. I watch YoungBae hyung suspiciously.

“Then maybe you should go out more.” YoungBae hyung starts.

“I have no where to go.” Mi Sun says, putting meat into .

“You could always hang out with us.” Jiyong hyung says, smiling as well. Why am I getting this uneasy feeling? What are these guys playing?

“No way. Who knows what you three do while Daesung and I are gone.” Seunghyun hyung interrupts. “How about you accompany Daesung and I sometime?” Hyung asks, addressing Mi Sun this time.

“Eh?” I finally speak, making the whole table silent. Wow, how stupid I just sounded. Seunghyun hyung gives me a look, making me confused even more.  

“Right, Daesung? Mi Sun should come with us to work sometime, right?” Hyung asks, his deep eyes piecing into me.

“Y-yes.” I stutter. “Yeah,” I turn to Mi Sun. “You should come with us.”

Mi Sun smiles at me. “Sure, I’ll go with you guys.” She continues to eat her food. The other four guys continue their meal too as I’m left perplexed as ever.

What the hell just happened?

~O~O~

“Can we crash here?” YoungBae hyung abruptly asks.

“What? No way.” I say, shaking my head rapidly.

“Why not?” Seungri pouts.

I look away from Seungri, rolling my eyes as he tries to act cute. “That doesn’t work on me, Seungri, you babo. Save that stuff for the ladies.” I laugh. Seungri scrunches up his nose. “Why do you want to sleep here anyway?” I ask.

“Because we like your house. It’s big.” Jiyong hyung replies this time.

Jiyong hyung and Seungri run off to one of my closet, already taking out a few blankets. I stare blankly at the two, my mind still processing what they said. Seunghyun hyung walks by and catches a blanket Seungri threw at him. Hyung walks past me and goes straight into the spare room.

I blink and stare at the door a few seconds before YoungBae hyung walks by me and grabs a few blankets from Seungri, too. He goes in the same room where Seunghyun hyung went. Jiyong hyung salutes me and goes straight to another room with Seungri trailing along behind him.

“Yah!” I shout, realizing that the two went in Mi Sun’s room. No reply. “Aish!” I growl as I pound on the door.

“Daesung? Have you gone mad?” Mi Sun’s voice enters my ears. I turn around.

“Why does everybody ask me that?” I wonder out loud, my nose scrunching up from displeasure and annoyance.

Mi Sun shrugs. “Sorry.” She smiles at me. She walks past me and opens her door. I was about to stop her when she freezes. She walks backwards and closes the door. She turns to me.

“Why are Jiyong and Seungri sleeping together on my bed?” Mi Sun asks, her face looking as if she just watched something horrifying.

Without thinking, I let out a laugh. “That sounds wrong.” I comment.

She blushes and smacks the back of my head. “Since when do you think wrong?” She says, blush still evident on her cheeks. I rub my head, actually thinking how to answer that question. Since when did I start thinking wrong? I’ve been spending too much time with Seunghyun hyung.

“Is YoungBae and Seunghyun sleeping here, too?” Mi Sun asks, breaking my thoughts.

“Yeah…” I say, trailing off. A light bulb turns on in my head. Damn it! Everything clicks. Now I know why they wanted to sleep here. “Aish!” I growl in frustration. I start to make my way towards the room where Seunghyun hyung and YoungBae hyung are sleeping until I feel Mi Sun’s hand hold my wrist.

“Leave them be. I probably tired YoungBae, Jiyong, and Seungri out. And Seunghyun must be tired from work that he doesn’t have the strength to go home.” Mi Sun says, pulling me back to face her. She cups my cheek gently. “You must be tired, too. Go to sleep.”

She hesitated a bit before kissing me quickly on the lips. She starts to walk away, but this time, I grab her wrist. I pull her to me. “Where are you going?” I murmur, my voice raspy from her sudden peck.

“To sleep on the couch.” She says, her voice sounding confused.

I shake my head. “You’re sleeping with me.” I start pulling her to my room before she could reject. I can’t handle something like that from her.

Just as I close the door, she finally speaks. “B-but I can’t sleep here.”

I smile. “Too late. Once the door closes, you can’t escape.”

Her eyes widen at my sudden attitude. Frankly, I’m just as surprised as her. I walk over to her and gesture her towards the bed. “Ladies first.” I say, still feeling playful. She raises an eyebrow, but hesitates.

After a moment, she slowly slides under the covers. I turn off the lights and slide in the bed as well.

“Good night.” I hear her mumble.

“Good night, Won Mi Sun.” I reply under my breath.

The moon’s faint light illuminates through my window, allowing me to see Mi Sun’s sleeping figure next to me. I turn my body to an angle where I face her back. I silently watch, listening to her even breaths. Suddenly, she turns her body to me.

She moves a little closer towards me, still an amount of space in between us. Without a thought, I slowly reach over and gently touch her cheek, my thumb softly brushing over her lips. Her eyes unexpectedly flicker open.

Just perfect, my mind sarcastically remarks.