Triggering Her Mind

Remember Me

 

[May 2010]

[Author POV]

Then Daesung leans forward, slowly closing his eyes.

What is she to do?

Then her heart and mind combine with the boom of the fireworks. Suddenly, something flashes in her mind… that familiar feeling was back. She closes her eyes as well, waiting to see what her mind has processed this time. The image was hazy, but it was enough to make her tremble.

It was she and Daesung on the very bench with fireworks shooting up in the background. Of course this would’ve been just a recollection of what just happened a few minutes ago, but she was wrong. This image was different.

In the image, Mi Sun was sitting while Daesung had laid his head on her lap. She was his hair and humming the tune Mi Sun had been humming a few days now. Suddenly, it was as if the picture came to life, into a movie.

"You know, I missed you.” Daesung said, smiling.

"We see each other everyday, you babo.” Mi Sun replied, chuckling.

“But, I miss you doing this. I miss having moments like this with you.” He closed his eyes, loved the feeling of her fingers run through his hair.

“Aish, you’re so cheesy.” She leans down and kisses Daesung’s forehead.

“But you love that, don’t you?” He teases, looking up at her.

She grins. “Yes, I love you.”

Mi Sun leans down once again; this time, her lips touched his…

In that same moment, their lips finally meet. Mi Sun softly gasps, but she doesn’t pull away. The feel of his lips was like an explosion inside her, as if the feeling was building itself up all these years just to burst right here, right now.

Then she starts moving her lips, bringing her hands around his neck. Startled, Daesung starts moving his lips as well. The fireworks and their hearts were suddenly the only thing entering their ears. But the fireworks could never compare to the loud beating in their hearts. Because this was real, more real than they ever imagined.

Daesung was completely into the deep end, lost in his memories. All of it sprung back up in an instant. What a wonderful feeling he felt in such a long time…

Mi Sun was just drowning, drowning in what her mind kept showing. It was then that she realized: this wasn’t just some image; it was another memory. A memory in which left her confused…

~O~O~

[Daesung POV]

I know I should stop, but do I really want to?

No, no I don’t. A low growl rumbles deep in my throat as she kisses me a little more fiercely. Without breaking our kiss, I lay her down on the bench, her legs still on my lap. I squeeze one of her legs and she squeezes my arm in return.

Then we start battling. Our kisses soon became fierce, hungry. I never went this far before, but it feels like I’ve been starved for two years. And this is exactly filling me up. I groan as I feel her fingers weave through my hair.

I break away for air, but quickly crash my lips back down on hers as she pulls on the strands of my hair. She tastes so good. I almost forgot what it felt like to feel her lips, to feel her. Her teeth graze my bottom lip, almost making me lose my whole mind. Without thinking, my hand goes under her shirt…

“Thank you all for watching the show we put up. Please, enjoy the rest of your night here.” A voice from the intercom around the amusement park says.

For that, we break away. Still in our position, we stare at each other. She blinks and soon reaches for my lips again, but this time it was short and sweet. She sits up, gently pushing me off her. She sits on the bench, but her legs were still on my lap. I stay quiet and watch her, my mind still processing what we just did.

Mi Sun looks right back at me, her expression calm. I give her a smile. And my heart jumps as she returns it.

“Maybe we should go now…” I say.

“I think that’s a good idea.” She mumbles. She swings her legs off my lap and I stand up, extending a hand to her. She takes it, but once she stands up, I let go of her hand and pull her close. I hug her, squeezing her tight as I inhale her scent.

“You make me go insane, Kang Daesung.” She whispers.

I squeeze my eyes shut and bury my face in her shoulder, holding her tighter. I feel her arms around me, hugging me back. After a few more moments, we reluctantly part. I keep my arm around her shoulders as we walk back to the car in silence.

Once we’re on the road, panic and worry suddenly hit me. Mi Sun is awfully being quiet. I take a glance at her. She has her head turned towards the window, her hands fidgeting in her lap. I take a deep breath in reach out to hold her hand. She freezes for a second before she relaxes.

“Are you hungry?” I ask, filling in the silence.

“No.” She says, still not looking at me.

I don’t reply. A sigh escapes my lips. Maybe I went too far a while ago. Mi Sun turns her head and looks at me this time. “Are you hungry?”

I shake my head. My stomach is swirling right now. I don’t think I can manage to even chew food. I see a small smile appear on her face, but then she looks back out the window. After that, it was all silence once again.

I definitely don’t regret what just happened a while ago, but I wish she would talk. It’s starting to get me worried. What if she’s regretting it? What if she got scared when I put my hand under her shirt? I shake my head.

Damn hormones.