Morning And Night Exhaustion

Remember Me

 

[May 2010]

[Author POV]

Daesung and Mi Sun get to Daesung’s house at 10:20 p.m. They both decide to call it a night. Because both of them are troubled, going here and there because of messed up minds. Without realizing, Daesung walks Mi Sun to her room. Once there, Mi Sun turns to Daesung. They stare silently at each other.

Daesung opens his mouth to say a soft good night to her, but in an instant, his words were cut off as he felt Mi Sun’s lips on his. A little too soon, Mi Sun pulls away. She quickly turns around and opens her door. She steps inside and looks through the crack of the door.

“Good night, Daesung.” She murmurs softly before closing the door in front of a dumbstruck Daesung. He shakes his head and lightly touches his lips. He smiles.

“Good night, Won Mi Sun.” Daesung murmurs just as softly.

He turns his back and walks her to his own room, his mind already running through the events of today and this past week. He would go all the way back, back to the time when Daesung and Mi Sun were only 14 years old when they first confessed their love to each other. But he just couldn’t. Not because he didn’t want to, but because one particular event made him freeze.

His knees give out and he sits down on his bed, letting his head fall into his numb hands. How could he be so stupid? How could he forget?

Realization finally hit him hard in the gut as he remembers Mi Sun’s condition. He practically took advantage of her. Now, what was Mi Sun really thinking?

~O~O~

[Mi Sun POV]

I toss and turn in my bed, squeeze my eyes shut, count sheep, and endlessly pound my head against the pillow. But nothing seems to get the remembrance of the feeling his lips gave me. I shudder under the thick covers. Why is he doing this to me? Is he playing around with me?

A series of flashes go through my head. I grip my hair and pull fiercely. What the hell is happening to me? I squeeze my eyes tighter and place the pillow over my head. I then start paying attention to what my mind is doing. Everything is still a blur, but that doesn’t keep the conversations from processing.

"Mi Sun-ah, I miss you.” A deep, husky voice sings.

“Come with me. Let’s go our favorite amusement park.”

“Everything will be okay in the future, Mi Sun-ah. You know that I’m always there for you.”

“You know I love you. Remember that always.”

My eyes pop open and I sit up, making the pillow fall down my back. I wipe my hair away from my face, my forehead all sweaty. I shouldn’t have listened and given my mind a chance. Now, I know for sure that my mind is playing tricks on me. Because I swear that voice sound like Daesung…

I fall back down on the bed, feeling frustrated and confused. What is my brain trying to tell me? Is it even trying to tell me something at all? Aish! With my brain giving me the opportunity, I fling my arms and legs wildly while turning around in the bed. I’m taking this time to literally go insane.

After a while, I lay still. I look up at the ceiling while breathing heavily. My eyelids suddenly start to drop. I rub my eyes and force myself awake. If I go to sleep, for sure, I’ll dream. And once I dream, who knows what my mind would make up.

“You know I love you. Remember that always.”

~O~O~

[Next Morning]

[Daesung POV]

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Aish, can that thing ever shut up? With a groan, I roll over in my bed and throw my alarm clock across the room. There was a loud crash and the beeping finally stops. I sigh in relief. Wait, did I just damage my clock? I rub at my face roughly and sit up. My head spins.

Forgetting about the clock, I fall back on the warm, cozy bed. I yawn. Maybe just a few more minutes…

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groan loudly. I reach over and grab whatever was making the obnoxious beeping. I raise my arm and was about to throw it like what I did with my clock until a flashing light catches my droopy eyes. I sit up again. I slap my cheek. Babo! I was about to throw my own phone!

I dismiss the alarm that sets every night. Then I see I have one text message from Seunghyun hyung. I open the message and read it.

“I think you’re forgetting something. We have a VERY important meeting today. Mr. Kang is looking for you. You better just be running late.” The message says.

My eyes grow wide. I curse under my breath and jump out of my bed, finally awake. How could I forget this meeting? This meeting is the one that seals the deal of everything I’ve worked for. This is what officially makes the company mine. God! How the hell could I have forgotten?

After 30 minutes, I was already showered and dressed. I grab an apple from the counter and get the rest of my things. I hurry out the door and hop in my car.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid.” I scold myself as I start the car. After a few more minutes, I’m already halfway there. My phone keeps vibrating, telling me that I have a new message. Hyung really needs to stop texting me! I see the set of buildings coming into view. Maybe I can make it!

After a while, I meet up with Seunghyun hyung before the meeting starts. I breathe heavily. Hyung pats my back and gives me some water. I gulp it all down in a few seconds.

“Thanks. I needed that.” I croak, wiping off the sweat on my face.

“Anytime. What happened? You’re not the kind of person who oversleeps during work days.” He says, looking at me up and down.

“I brought Mi Sun to an amusement park.” I answer. Then I slap my forehead. I wasn’t supposed to say that! Hyung isn’t supposed to know about that place.

Hyung didn’t seem phased by the mention. “Mi Sun must’ve been tired then, huh?” He smiles at one of the workers that pass by us, and turns his attention back at me.

“Mi Sun!” I yell.

Hyung slaps his hand over my mouth. I squeak in protest and surprise. “Will you keep your voice down? Aish. We are in business grounds, remember?” I blink at him. With a sigh, he removes his hand. I quickly take out my phone and start to dial Mi Sun’s number.

“Oh, hello, boys. I see you came just on time.” A low voice says. Seunghyun hyung, with fast reflexes, nudges me. I swiftly bring down my hands, and bow to Mr. Kang. “Well, let’s get this meeting started shall we?” He asks sitting down in one of the chairs, staring at me.

“Of course, sir.” Hyung says, sitting down across from Mr. Kang. “Worry about Mi Sun later. I’m sure she’ll be fine alone. From what you told me, she’ll probably still be sleeping.” He whispers to me.

I nod and gulp, suddenly nervous under the eyes of Mr. Kang and Mr. Kim, the two most powerful people in the business grounds.

“You may begin, Kang Daesung-shi.” Mr. Kim says, already taking notes.