And It Ended With An Argument

Remember Me

 

[August 2007; The Next Day]

“Daesung! Daesung!” Mi Sun shakes the boy awake. It’s 11 a.m. and Mi Sun is starting to panic. The two fell asleep in the boy’s car when Daesung was trying to be Mi Sun’s comfort.

“Hmm. One more hour.” Daesung mumbles, his eyes still closed.

Mi Sun continues to shake him; she’s quickly getting scared by each second. “Wake up, Daesung! They could be looking for you any minute now!” Mi Sun hisses as she looks around.

Daesung’s eyes finally open. He smiles as her as he gives her a morning kiss. Mi Sun pulls away before she could forget about the problem. “Are you okay now?” Daesung asks.

Mi Sun nods quickly. “Daesung, you have to go now.”

“What do you mean?”

“Aren’t your parents home?”

Daesung’s eyes widen as the realization hits him. He curses as he starts the car and starts driving towards his house at a fast speed.

“Wait, what about me?” Mi Sun asks, fumbling with her seatbelt.

“Just stay put. I already have an excuse in mind.” Daesung replies, his heart racing with anxiety. Please, don’t realize that I’m not home, Daesung pleads silently.

In just a few minutes, Daesung and Mi Sun arrive at the boy’s house. The two 18 year olds quickly stiffen as they spot two angry looking figures right on the front porch. “Stay in the car.” The boy tells his lover.

Mi Sun watches Daesung approach his parents, scared. Mi Sun locks eyes with Daesung’s mother. She was glaring angrily at her son’s girlfriend. How dare she take my son away in the middle of the night, the mother growled.

“Mother, father. Good morning.” The son bowed to his parents.

Both of them eyed their son. “It’s a morning all right. But it’s not a good one.” The father sternly says.

“Where have you been, Kang Daesung?” His mother bursts, shouting. Mi Sun cringes in the car as she watches Daesung get scolded.

On the other hand, Daesung has his head bowed, waiting for his parents to stop. He hears his parents take a deep breath. He looks up and meets their eyes.

“Mianhae. As you can see, I was with Mi Sun. I went out early in the morning and we went for a walk in the park.” Daesung lied. The things he does for her…

“Really? How come I hear your car in the middle of the night?” His mother screams once again, losing her cool. She takes in another deep breath and glances at a wide-eyed Mi Sun.

“We forbid you to see her anymore.” The father states, his voice implying that it’s final. Daesung freezes, staring back and forth between his parents.

“No! You can’t make me!” Daesung shouts, surprising his parents.

“We can and we will. We forbid you to see or talk to her anymore. That’s final, Daesung. Tell that girl to go home.” His mother says.

Daesung shakes his head and his hands curl into fists. This is unfair. They couldn’t do this to him. His parents know that he loves her. Now, they’re forcing him to kick her out of his life. Impossible!

“Fine. But, I’m driving her home.” Daesung growls.

His father simply stares at his son’s sudden attitude while the mother opens to object her son’s statement.

“I’m already following your words, but I refuse to be rude to her. Let me do this.” The boy says before turning around and heading to the car. Daesung gets inside and swiftly starts the car and backs out of the driveway. Once he starts zooming off, Mi Sun worriedly stares at the boy beside her.

“Daesung, where are we going?” Mi Sun asks, clutching on the armrests tightly because of the fast speed the boy was going.

“Far away from here.” Daesung mutters. “My parents are forbidding me to see you anymore.”

“What?” Mi Sun screeches. She shakes her head. “R-running away? Daesung, are you thinking this through?”

“Hell no, I’m not. Right now, I want to get away from this hellhole. First, it’s your mother then my parents. I swear heaven and hell are playing with our lives.” He says darkly.

“Daesung, slow down. Calm down. Let’s think this through.”

“There’s nothing to think about.” The boy says. He glances at Mi Sun. “Don’t you want to be with me?”

“Of course, I do.” Mi Sun replies. She inhales a shaky breath. “It’s just that… you have your whole life planned ahead of you. I don’t want to ruin it. You know, your parents care for you. That’s why they’re forbidding you. I’m nothing but a big mess.” She then adds quietly, “I understand what they think of me.”

“You’re my life. That’s all there is to it.” He reaches over and grabs her hand. He presses down harder on the gas. Daesung turns his head and smiles at his childhood love. Mi Sun smiles back weakly, loving how he can still smile at times where they both were in trouble.

“But, Daesung, I—Daesung! Watch out!”

It was no use in looking back, because a truck already collided with the car. A series of tires screeching was all they could hear before the boy’s car flipped over.

Daesung was breathing heavily, feeling all his blood rush to his head for he was upside down. He tries to move, but all he can feel is pain coursing through his whole body. He shakily reaches up and clutches on to his forehead. He groans. With all that’s left of his strength, he pulls and eases himself out of the shattered window. Blood covers his arms and clothes once he managed to get on the road. He was on all fours, coughing, gasping for air.

“Are you okay?” A tall man with black messy hair asks Daesung. Daesung looks up at the man, straining to see him with the sunlight in his eyes. The man had a huge bloody bruise on his forehead.

“Let me help you go to the hospital.” The man crouches down and gently holds onto Daesung’s bloody arms. “Is there anyone else in there?”

“Mi Sun!” Daesung shouts as his mind clicks. Forgetting about his own pain and injuries, he runs over to the other side of the car. Mi Sun’s battered and bloody head was sticking out the broken window. Her eyes closed.

Daesung kneels down and pulls her out. “Mi Sun! Mi Sun! Wake up! Wake up!” Daesung’s voice cracks and he can’t hold the tears anymore. He hugged her, tighter than he ever did before. “Please, don’t leave me…”

-----------------------------------------

A/N: I forgot to mention this in the previous chapter, but you must pay attention to the dates in the [brackets].... 

Comments? Subscribe? They all make me smile :)