Testing Her Memory

Remember Me

 

[June 2010]

[Mi Sun POV]

It’s completely dark outside and I’m still walking.

I haven’t stopped crying, and I probably look like I’ve gone through hell. Maybe I have and I just didn’t mind it. My mind stopped working… and so has my heart. I don’t—No, I can’t feel anything. I can’t feel my fingers, my feet, my head… my whole body. I can’t even feel my heart beating. I’m numb.

A sob escapes my mouth. I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m going wherever my feet are taking me. Lights blind my vision. I keep my head down and continue walking, praying it isn’t the man who broke me apart. Thankfully, the car continued to drive past me.

I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve left that place, but I still can’t make myself to care. I look forward and find that my feet have taken me to some forest area. There’s a strip of road in between two large woods.

I stumble back as something hits my mind. I close my eyes.

“Finally,” A husky voice says behind me. I turn around, and I feel myself smile. Daesung was just a few feet away from me, leaning against his car. We were at that strip of road and trees surrounded us. “It’s about time you came.”

I giggle. Why am I giggling? Is… Is this one of those memories? Am I actually participating in one? It’s as if I’m seeing through my own eyes, but someone else is controlling my actions, my words. Daesung walks over and instantly wraps me in his arms. He flashes me his contagious smile.

“It’s nice to see you again.” He murmurs, leaning down to kiss my forehead. I close my eyes, warmth spreading through my body.

“It’s nice to see you, too. It’s been a while since we’ve been here.” I mumble. His lips touch mine, and I squeeze my eyes tighter. Overflowing, the only word in my mind as our lips moves in sync. There were too many feelings going back and forth between us.

But, in the end, we had to part.

I slowly open my eyes as the image fades away, back to where I can’t ever experience it again. Big, fat tears roll down my cheeks this time and I shake furiously. This…memory had a bigger impact than the others. It made me feel everything. It made me long for him more.

I walk, staying around this place this time. But now, I don’t feel so numb. I feel my legs staggering with every step, my knees wobbling, my hands shaking, and… I feel my heart beating very slowly.

I look around this simple place. Why does something so simple causes me to have the biggest impact? Sobs endlessly escape my mouth, making me feel worthless. I walk faster as a bright light shines my red, teary eyes. Knowing that it won’t be him, I continue walking. Why am I hoping? Would he even go off and look for me?

But then, my legs stop in place the same time a car stops in front of me. My hands continue to shake faster as I stare widely at the driver’s window. No, I thought. This can’t be him.

~O~O~

[Author POV]

Right then and there, both of their hearts stop. Daesung quickly gets out of his car and stands a few feet away from her. It was just like how they would always meet in their old sanctuary. She would always arrive just a few feet away from him, a bright smile on her plump lips. But this time, her face didn’t have that beautiful smile.

Instead she has tears continuously falling from her eyes, it made his heart drop at the sight. He doesn’t like seeing her cry, he never did. He walks toward her, his arms itching to wrap around her. But he doesn’t do that. He looks straight into her red eyes, feeling his own sting.

He couldn’t believe he finds her here. Of all the places, she decides to go here. It amazes him, and he couldn’t help but feel a little happy that she came back here. But the question is: Does she even remember this place?

For the first time after hours of agony, Mi Sun opens to speak. But almost instantly, their lips meet. Acting as if he hasn’t eaten in years, he attacks her lips hungrily, roughly. Mi Sun stands still, her mind not processing. She feels his hands hold her waist, feeling the pressure he’s doing.

Electricity shoots up her spine and touches her mind. That’s when she starts moving her lips. She gives in. She gives in to her deep feelings for him. He’s here now, and she’ll take advantage of it all. She locks her arms around his neck as he continues to pressure down his hands on her waist. He moves his hands down lower to rest at her hips.

Despite the fierce lip lock, their tears proceed to fall, blending to make bigger ones. As they never break away, their tears fall to their mouth; tasting the salty, bitter sweetness of their poured out abused hearts.

So many images tickle Mi Sun’s mind, all flashing through quickly one by one. She looks at them all. A teenage boy hugging his girlfriend from behind, a teenage girl playing with her boyfriend’s messy hair, the same couple holding hands down the street, the couple on a date on the beach, the couple watching the fireworks bloom from the sky… All memories flood her mind. All memories show only her and Daesung. This… This is where she’s left perplexed. Are these all real? She thought.

On the other hand, Daesung was drowning in his emotions. He doesn’t mind them at all. He actually welcomes them with open arms. He hasn’t felt this way since they last kissed, but no, it was still different. It’s as if this kiss right now was more real, more familiar. Does this mean she remembers? He thought.

But he pushes away any thought that would bring his excitement down. Right now, he only wants her. 

------------------------------------

A/N: There might not be a lot of information(?) in this chapter, but it's not really a filler chapter. Although, I will update once again later today! Please anticipate it! :)