The Instinct Of Your Heart

Remember Me

 

[May 2010]

[Author POV]

Daesung and Mi Sun walked hand in hand around the booths. With one of her hands occupied, Mi Sun carries a pink stuffed pig in the other hand. Daesung won that for her after shooting the little clowns many times. If Daesung couldn’t win the pig, he would be broke by now.

It’s already 3 in the afternoon. They spent their whole time riding the rides, enjoying each other’s company. The two were completely oblivious to the other people around them as they chat happily. Already lost in his happiness and memories, Daesung lets go of Mi Sun’s hand and slings his arm around her shoulders instead. Mi Sun, who was laughing at a joke Daesung told, gasps silently as he pulls her closer to him and softly kisses her hair.

To Daesung, it was nothing. They would always do this at one point, and stay that way for the rest of the day. He just wanted to be closer to her, to smell her heart-stopping scent. Since this was their “routine”, all he was waiting for was for her to wrap both of her arms around his waist.

But, Mi Sun on the other hand, couldn’t do it. Frankly because she didn’t know she was supposed to. Has Daesung forgotten that she’s just some friend? They can’t even be considered best friends. They have only known each other for just an amount of days. Mi Sun shakes her head, clearing away any thoughts that would put her down.

Right now, she’ll be selfish, just like the other times. She stops thinking, and encircles both of her arms around Daesung’s waist. He sighs in relief. He was beginning to think she was rejecting him.

“Dunk tank!” Daesung points.

“Bet I’ll win.” Mi Sun looks up at him, smirking.

“I guess we’ll have to see then.” Daesung says mischievously. They run off, competing to see who will win.

During the time here, Daesung really has forgotten about Mi Sun’s condition. He was thrown back into his happy memories with her in this amusement park. He’s using his memories and making them to the present. He can’t help, but feel happy… not to mention, head over heels in love.

He hasn’t felt his heart race like this in a while. He’s embracing the feeling, overwhelmed by how she can make him feel. He’s missed this feeling.

~O~O~

“In your pretty little face!” Mi Sun shouts as she throws Daesung a smug look. The employee that works at the Dunk Tank hands Mi Sun a big-sized puppy dog. Daesung pouts unconsciously as he watches Mi Sun hug the toy tight.

“Aish. You take things to seriously.” Mi Sun mumbles as Daesung takes her hand silently and they start walking again. Daesung looks at her. Mi Sun holds the dog up, looking into its glassy brown eyes. She kisses the nose. With a sigh, she hands it over to Daesung.

“What? I’m not going to hold that for you.” He says, raising an eyebrow.

She shakes her head and rolls her eyes. “No, babo. It’s for you.”

Daesung’s face lights up. “Really?”

Before Mi Sun could respond, Daesung snatches the dog from her grasp. His dazzling smile was back on his face and it left Mi Sun in awe. They continue to walk through the amusement park; no hands attached this time. It’s already 5 pm, and the sky is already darkening. The place is even more crowded than the afternoon and the noises around them were endless. But Mi Sun and Daesung barely pay attention to it all, instead they only listen to the sounds of each other’s laughter.

Without them realizing, their bodies were close once again. Daesung’s arm was around Mi Sun’s shoulders while both of her arms were tightly wrapped around his waist. As the time grows and the sky darkens, the lights go bright and their chatter never ends. Before they knew it, it’s already 8:56 p.m. Daesung suddenly stops, making her halt and look up at him.

“What’s the matter?” She asks.

He smiles and looks at his watch. “It’s almost 9. They’re going to pop the fireworks soon.”

Her face lights up. “Fireworks?”

He nods. “I know a perfect place to watch them.” He untangles himself from her and holds her hand. “Come on.”

Mi Sun trails behind him, hoping that he would never let her go. Even if it were a simple hand placed upon her, she would be content. Because it gave her comfort, warmth… it gave her that familiar feeling, sending chills all over. On the other hand, Daesung didn’t want a simple hand. He wanted more. He longed to hold her in his arms, pull her closer to him, to look into her brown eyes and find what was in his eyes: love.

Daesung and Mi Sun stop at a wooden bench with a small tree hovering over it. The place was a little far from the crowded areas, away from the eyes of strangers, but a perfect place for them to be alone and watch the sky do wonders.

As the clock reaches 9, a cheer from the crowds echo. Then bright, colorful lights emerge into the dark sky. Mi Sun and Daesung sit side by side on the bench, the fireworks making their eyes glow. But it was always more to Daesung. He takes a peek at her.

Beautiful as always, He thought.

He suddenly gulped as she lays her head on his shoulder. He slides his arm around her waist. Quickly, he picks her up and places her on his lap. With a gasp, she looks back at Daesung. He stares back, a hint of a smile on his face as his arms instinctively circles around her waist.

The pop and bang of the fireworks soon fade, as the two don’t break their eye contact. The sparks of the fireworks glaze over both of their brown eyes, making it even harder to pull away. But why would they pull away? This is what he wants; all he wants is to be with her without anyone pulling them apart.

But for her, she wasn’t sure for her heart and her head were telling her two different things. Her heart was beating erratically while her mind was protesting, telling her to pull away before something could bring her hopes up.

Then Daesung leans forward, slowly closing his eyes.

What is she to do?

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, I didn't get to update for two days. And I hope these two chapters make up for it. Though, I'm kind of wondering... Should I post the next chapter up today as well? 

Comment? I smile because of them :)