Just Like Before

Remember Me

 

[June 2010]

[Author POV]

Four men attack Mi Sun with bear hugs out of nowhere.

“We heard you got released from the hospital.” Seunghyun says, squeezing Mi Sun. Mi Sun softly chuckles and pats the tall man’s back.

“Thankfully.” She simply says.

After another round of hugs, they lounge around the living room. “Where did Daesung go? If you have your memory back, he should be here, not us.” YoungBae asks.

With an inaudible sigh, Mi Sun avoids their gazes. “He went to see Jiyoung.”

“Excuse me?” Jiyong screeches. “That’s it. We’re going to that girl’s house right now, and drag his—“

“It’s not what you think.” Mi Sun cuts him off, meeting their eyes. Under her breath, she adds, “At least I hope it isn’t.”

Seungri shakes his head. “What do you mean?”

“I… I don’t know.” Mi Sun sighs. “He just said her name and left. I let him go.”

“Are you insane?” Seunghyun bursts.

Mi Sun shakes her head. “Don’t be so judging. Hear him out first, will you?”

“Hear whom out?” Daesung asks, emerging from the front door.

~O~O~

[June 2010; Hours Later]

“Alright, get out.” Daesung says playfully.

“Ah, come on, hyung. We were just joking.” Seungri says, hugging Daesung’s legs.

Daesung rolls his eyes. “I know, but since you all said that…” He smiles seductively at Mi Sun. Mi Sun laughs out loud, already knowing where he’s going. “I’m thinking of actually doing everything you said with Mi Sun right now.”

YoungBae cringes. “You make it sound so dirty.”

“Where did you learn from?” Jiyong asks, cringing along with YoungBae.

Mi Sun lets out another laugh as she sees Seunghyun blush madly. Aside from Daesung and Seunghyun, the others look at her weirdly. Mi Sun shakes her head and goes into the kitchen, patting Seunghyun’s arm teasingly along the way. Mi Sun pours herself a glass of water as she leans against the counter, her mind rewinding everything that happened with Daesung during her memory loss.

She sips the water, keeping the glass on her lips. She couldn’t believe that she missed all the signs, all the feelings she had whenever they did something. Daesung truly did everything to get her memory back.

“Mi Sun-ah~” She hears a soft, husky voice enter the kitchen.

Mi Sun sets the glass of water down on the counter as Daesung pulls her into a warm hug, feeling the familiarity. She buries her head in his chest as she counts his breathing. She closes her eyes in content.

Daesung closes his own as well, his love for her finally showing after years of hiding it. He places a gentle kiss on her forehead as Mi Sun lifts her head up to look at him. He smiles, making her inhale deeply. His head starts to lean down closer to hers.

“Yah, we’re still here you know~” Seunghyun sings behind them with the other three. Just as Mi Sun was about to pull away, Daesung holds her tighter, keeping her in his arms.

Daesung laughs and faces his friends. “I thought I told you to leave?”

Jiyong rolls his eyes. “You told Seungri that. Not the rest of us.”

“Hyung!” Seungri whines. “How could you sell me off like that?”

“Aish shut up, you two. Anyway, we’re going to be crashing here.” Seunghyun informs Daesung.

“Who gave you permission?” Daesung exclaims, raising an eyebrow.

The four boys then set their gazes at the girl in his arms, giving her a pleading look. Mi Sun laughs and rolls her eyes. She then looks at Daesung. “Why not? Just let them stay for tonight.” She smiles as she hears cheering behind them. Within a blink of an eye, the four guys were gone, already heading up the stairs.

Daesung nuzzles his head in her neck, smiling. “Does that mean you’re staying my room tonight?”

Mi Sun giggles and pushes him away teasingly. “Don’t be so assuming. Who said they’re sleeping in my room?”

“Who said that you still have your own room here?” Daesung remarks, smirking.

Mi Sun pauses, taking in the gleam in his eyes. She squints suspiciously. “You—“ In that instant, his lips met hers. Just like last time, Daesung picks her up without their lips leaving. He walks towards his room and they fall back on his bed.

“I missed you.” He whispers, trailing small kisses from her neck. Mi Sun doesn’t reply and closes her eyes instead, taking in the warmth from him.

“What happened to Jiyoung?” Mi Sun whispers, making Daesung come to a halt. He pulls away and looks down at her. With a sigh, he falls back to her side, looking up at the ceiling. Mi Sun turns her head and watches his face.

“She seemed pretty calm about it. Though, I can’t shake the look in her eyes.” He mutters. But then he adds, “But, in a way, I’m glad.”

Mi Sun sits up, looking at him confused. Daesung sits up as well and he gently takes her hands. “I’m glad that Jiyoung was okay with us; that she understood. This way, nothing is going to take us apart.”

“We still have your parents…” Mi Sun whispers worriedly. She feels his hands stiffen. How could I forget? Daesung thought silently.

He sighs, but flashes her his sweetest smile. “Don’t worry about them. We have gone through them for many years.”

Mi Sun couldn’t help but to smile back, loving to have this feeling of comfort again. “I guess we’re going to have to face them soon. I’m sure Jiyoung’s parents heard your conversation.”

Daesung softly pulls her to his lap and wraps his arms around her waist. As Mi Sun lays her head on his shoulder, Daesung kisses her hair tenderly. They both smile as they remember doing this whenever their parents got mad; they sought comfort in each other. Because, just being like this, it brings contentment in their hearts.

“Together,” Daesung murmurs softly. “I think we can get through them. Now, go to sleep. Both of our minds need rest for what’s going to happen with my parents.” As he slowly falls back against the bed—Mi Sun landing on his chest on top of him—he watches as the moon illuminates her closing eyes.

“I love you.” He hears her mumble.

Daesung softly smiles and kisses her hair once again. “I love you, too. Sweet dreams, Won Mi Sun. Dream of sweet memories.”

This time, let’s both dream of only our memories, they silently thought in their minds before drifting off to slumber, finally in each other’s arms.

Just like before.

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Wah, this doesn't seem right! This is the last chapter! I will be posting the Epilogue tomorrow! -sigh- 

Tell me your thoughts! I'd like to hear them~