A Memory Broken

Remember Me

 

[May 2010]

[Mi Sun POV]

“How about we go on the monkey bars?”

I nod, smiling when he turns his back on me. I don’t know why, but this boy is making me smiling way too much. Maybe its’ his own infectious smile that brings me up. I wrap my arms around myself and close my eyes, remembering the feel of his hug. Something tickles my mind. A different, a familiar image starts to take form in my mind…

“Are you cold?”

I open my eyes, the familiar looking image fading away quickly. I meet Daesung’s eyes. I smile sheepishly, speechless. This is another thing. I can’t seem to talk with this boy. It’s not that I’m uncomfortable with him, but it’s just that he really takes my breath away. It’s corny, I know, but it’s true.

“I have a jacket in my car. I’ll go get it for you.” He says, running off before I can even call his name.

I sit on the sand and lean my back against the ladder of the monkey bars. I sigh as I watch him run away. What is it about Kang Daesung that makes me feel like I’m going crazy?

~O~O~

“Maybe this was a bad idea.” He says, struggling to pick up his weight.

I giggle and watch in go through the monkey bars without his feet touching the floor. I hug myself once again, inhaling his scent on his jacket. “How about we just go back?” I ask.

He whips his head to me, eyes wide. He loses his grip and falls on his back. I run towards him. “You babo.” I mutter as I help him up.

“Go back? Already? Does that mean—“

“What?” I ask, interrupting him.

“Nothing.” He shakes his head. “Come on. I think we should go back home. My whole body is already tired.”

I look at him, but don’t say anything. I follow him back to the car. Maybe I shouldn’t have interrupted him, and then maybe he could’ve finished his question. Once we get to the car, Daesung opens the door for me again. I blush and climb in. After he gets in, we start driving off. As if on instinct, I turn my body and look out the window. I can’t seem to get my eyes off the whole neighborhood. But that’s probably because all the houses are huge, especially his parent’s house. I wonder what Daesung’s job is; he’s never mentioned it yet.

Warmth suddenly wraps around my hand. I look down then look up at Daesung. Another grin shows on his face. My own lips twitch up from the sight. I sigh and look back out the window, not wanting to take my hand away.

~O~O~

We get to his house past lunchtime. He drove us around after our trip to the playground. He bought us some fast food during our drive. Every once in a while, he would chuckle to himself, as if he’s thinking of something… Either that or I had some left over food on my face. I hope he’s just thinking of something.

Daesung, being the gentleman he is, opens my car door and the front door of his house for me. I go inside and instantly take off my shoes. I take off his jacket and hand it back to him.

“Keep it.” He smiles. Before I can respond, he goes to his room. Once I hear the door shut, I go to my designated room. I gasp, still not used to seeing a huge room. I hug the jacket as I explore the room. I take a peek in the closet. My eyes widen.

It’s a huge walk-in closet. And it’s already fully stocked with clothes! I walk in slowly. I touch one of the shirts then look at the tags. I gasp. $200! I take a step back and turn around, looking at different clothing. $550!

“What the—?” I stop as something catches my eyes.

I go deeper into the closet and see a fully stocked shelf of shoes. I pick up a pair of plain black heels. I shrug and try it on. It’s a perfect fit. I thought it would be a little cheap since it looks plain, but it actually cost more than $500! Is Daesung really that rich to afford all these clothes?

But wait.

Why does Daesung have a bunch of girls clothing? Was he expecting me to stay here? No, Daesung seemed surprised when Seunghyun told him I was staying over for a while. So, why does he have all these and all in my size? Does he like wearing girls clothing?

I burst out laughing at my idiotic mind.

I place the shoes back and carefully walk out of the closet, as if one wrong move could tear the whole place down. I continue to look around the bathroom (which was also huge), and the rest of the room. After a while, I sit down on my bed with a sigh. I squeeze the jacket that I never let go. Then an idea popped into my head. I run outside my room, and pop my head out. It’s completely quiet in the house. Daesung is still in his room. Maybe he’s taking a shower, or he headed out again. Being quiet as I can, I step out of my room and start exploring the rest of the house. 

---------------------------------

A/N: Ah, very short chapter. I'm sorry. I promise you that everything will get better~ 

Comment? Subscribe? I smile because of them :)