She Begins To Separate

Remember Me

 

[June 2010; The Afternoon]

[Daesung POV]

Seunghyun hyung and I have a day off today. I’m relieved in a way. I don’t have to face Mr. Kang. I slump on the couch, resting my head on Seunghyun hyung’s shoulder. I close my eyes.

The guys and Mi Sun are still here. I still find it weird how they’re all so calm when yesterday was complete hell. I open my eyes and take a peek at Mi Sun, who chose to sit by Jiyong hyung. I know Jiyong hyung doesn’t see Mi Sun in that way, but I can’t help but to feel jealous all over again.

It’s a good thing I’m tired or else I’ll be tackled down from attacking hyung again. Mi Sun’s eyes flicker to me. She gives me a small smile as our eyes meet. I blink and she was already looking away. With a sigh, I close my eyes again.

“I can’t believe a whole month has passed.” I hear Mi Sun say.

“Time flies when you’re having fun.” YoungBae hyung says, chuckling.

“Sure. Fun.” Mi Sun sarcastically replies. I open my eyes in time to see her rolling her own. I snigger silently.

Ding Dong!

“I’ll get it.” Mi Sun announces as she makes her way toward the door. It’s quiet between all of us as we try to listen who’s at the door. I hear Mi Sun gasp. Seungri tries to lean over to see who’s at the door, his eyebrows furrowed. There was a small chatter in the front door. Then I hear two pairs of steps walking towards the living room. I hear a familiar high-pitched giggle.

“Jiyoung?” I shoot up from the couch.

“Oppa~!” Jiyoung emerges behind Mi Sun, running toward me with her arms open. She runs into me, making me stumble back a bit. Jiyoung buries her head in my shoulder as she hugs me tight. I don’t move; I don’t even hug her back.

Instead, I keep my eyes locked with Mi Sun, who was lingering in the back. She gives me another small smile, making me wince internally. Her eyes… They were so empty. It was making her smile a waste of time. Her eyes gave so much away, yet so little.

Jiyoung pulls away from me to say hello to the others. As expected, they all grumble a hello on response. Jiyoung shrugs and walks over to Mi Sun. “Unnie, why are you all the way back here? Come sit with us.” Jiyoung smiles. I flinch as Jiyoung holds Mi Sun’s hand, about to pull her over with the rest of us.

Mi Sun gently pulls back and shakes her head. “Actually, I have some where to go.” Mi Sun tells her.

“Oh? Okay.” Jiyoung glances at me then looks at Jiyong hyung. “Are you going with her?”

“Why would I—Yes, I am.” Jiyong hyung changes his words.

I snap my head towards him, gaping. Jiyong hyung looks at me, he shrugs slightly and sends me an apologetic gaze. He walks past me and stands by Mi Sun’s side. They share a look and head for the door. “Nice seeing you again, Jiyoung. Sorry that we have to leave so early.” Mi Sun says over her shoulder.

“Oh! Don’t worry, unnie.” Jiyoung giggles, walking towards me. “Have fun!”

I sit back down on the couch and Jiyoung sits very close to me. I then notice that Seunghyun and YoungBae hyung moved away and was sitting with Seungri in the other couch. Seungri snorts as he meets my eyes.

“Are you guys doing anything today?” Jiyoung asks right when Seunghyun hyung gets a text.

I shrug. “We didn’t plan anything.”

“Actually,” Seunghyun hyung voices out, putting his phone back in his pocket. “Daesung didn’t have any plans. But the three of us do.” Hyung says, already standing up.

“What?” I screech.

“Sorry.” Hyung says, flashing a teasing smile. YoungBae hyung and Seungri follow Seunghyun hyung out the door, leaving me alone with Jiyoung.

“Ah~” Jiyoung lets out a breath. She leans on me. “It’s been a while since we’ve been alone.” She says, smiling.

Instead of returning her smile, like I’m supposed to, I shudder mentally. I have the sudden urge to get away from Jiyoung. I don’t think I want to be alone with her anymore. It’s too scary.

“Daesung oppa?” She calls me back from spacing out. She cups my face. She turns her head and levels her face with mine. “What’s wrong?” She asks, her warm breath hitting my face.

“Nothing.” I clear my throat. “Just tired.”

“Well, at least there’s nothing extremely wrong with you.” She shrugs. Why doesn’t she go all crazy when I tell her I’m just tired like Mi Sun does? She brushes her lips against mine. “Let’s go to bed, oppa.” She whispers.

~O~O~

[Mi Sun POV]

“Nice excuse you did back there.” Jiyong laughs, walking beside me. “You saved me from that girl.” Jiyong shudders playfully.

I punch his arm lightly. “You’re the one who saved your own … Actually, it was Jiyoung herself, if you think about it.”

“You’ve got a point.” He murmurs. “Where should we go then, ‘girlfriend’?” He asks, putting quotation marks around girlfriend.

“Yah! Don’t walk so fast!” A voice shouts.

Jiyong and I turn around to see Seungri, Seunghyun, and YoungBae running to us. They pant heavily. “We left just a few minutes after you. How did you manage to get all the way into the city?” Seungri pants.

I laugh, noticing how they perked up when I did. “You guys just walk to slow.”

Seunghyun shakes his head. “We ran.

I laugh once more. “You just don’t have the right stamina like Jiyong and I do.” Truth is: Jiyong and I took a cab.