His Inner Struggle

Remember Me

 

[June 2010; The Evening]

[Author POV]

“Oppa…” Jiyoung murmurs, burying her face in his neck. Daesung shudders at the feeling. Jiyoung smirks, misunderstanding his movement. She locks her hand around Daesung’s wrist and places his hand on her hip.

A few minutes after the others left, Jiyoung managed to get Daesung to bed, to lie down at least. But Daesung is doing whatever he can to keep her away without being obvious. Though, he could easily tell the girl was getting annoyed little by little by his constant refusals.

“Hmm?” Daesung croaks out; the only thing he can say for his throat went dry.

“You know, it really has been a while since we’ve been alone.” Jiyoung mumbles into his neck. “And we’ve been together for… How long?” She looks up at him, blinking her eyes numerous times.

Daesung gulps, as he already knows the answer. “Two years.” He answers her, barely a whisper.

“And counting.” Jiyoung adds, giggling.

He doesn’t reply; scared that she’ll take whatever he might say and misinterpret it. Still, Jiyoung continues to talk, oblivious to the boy’s mental struggle.

“I was thinking…” Jiyoung starts. She meets Daesung’s eyes. Without leaving his eyes, she leans and kisses Daesung. He can’t help it, but he responds back. Alarms ring loudly in Daesung’s head as Jiyoung trails her hand down from Daesung’s chest to his stomach, resting it just on his belt.

His eyes bulge as he instantly breaks away. Scared, he distances himself from a little. Jiyoung doesn’t notice and continues to come closer. She evens her face with his, this time letting her hand rest on his stomach. She crushes her lips down on Daesung’s trembling lips.

Daesung starts feeling his head pound, his chest tying up in knots. He doesn’t know what to do. He can’t refuse her completely… She’s supposed to be his girlfriend in the first place. He said it himself, they’re been dating for two years already. Plus, she’s the daughter of the most dangerous, most powerful man in the business world.

But he can’t let her continue what she has in mind. It chills him right to the bone. He doesn’t want to this. He doesn’t like the feeling she’s giving him when she’s touching him in that way.

With him distracted in his thoughts, Jiyoung slips her hand from the hem and into his shirt. Her hand makes contact with his cold abs. As her hand slowly starts to move up, Daesung finally notices what she’s doing. He once again breaks their kiss and jumps out of the bed.

He throws away his fears just for this moment. He can’t take it anymore. He can’t take the horrible feeling grumbling in his stomach. He stares at Jiyoung, who looks back at innocently. Most people would find her innocent, but just one look at her appearance right now tells Daesung otherwise.

She was kneeling on his bed, her legs spread apart just a little. Her hair was disarrayed a bit from Daesung’s sudden jump. She was looking at Daesung, curiosity and plain innocence in her eyes. But Daesung knew better that annoyance and irritation were hiding behind the mask.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Daesung asks, breathing in and out heavily.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Jiyoung asks, her voice still husky. Daesung shudders at the sound. She crawls toward him, lifting her hand up to rest at his chest. Daesung grabs her wrist before she could touch him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He repeats, still bewildered.

“Daesung oppa, our relationship was doing good, so I thought we might as well take it the next step.” Jiyoung murmurs, not understanding her boyfriend.

“Next step?”

Jiyoung nods. “You know, since we’re going to be married soon. Might as well do it now.” She says, moving closer to him. With his hand still locked around her wrist, she moves her arm behind her, making his arm go along with hers. She pried her hand free and left Daesung’s arm around her.

“Besides,” She inches closer to his face. “I can’t wait anymore.”

Daesung’s hands clench, squeezing hard. His chest starts getting tighter and tighter by the second. He pulls away from her, stumbling backwards along the way. “I think you should go.” He whispers, still not able to speak up correctly.

Jiyoung widens her eyes. “But, oppa—“

“Please,” He croaks. “Just go. I… I’ll see you tomorrow. I really am tired.” He closes his eyes, concentrating on his breathing instead of the girl in front of him. It hit him hard. The words she said made in realize that he’s been in his memories once again.

With his eyes still closed, he hears Jiyoung get off the bed and walk up to him. She gazes at his face for a while before gently kissing his cheek. Daesung then hears light footsteps leave his room. He slowly opens his eyes and leans against the cold wall. He hears the front door slam shut. With that, he slides down to the ground, feeling confused more than ever.

He knows he’s hurt Jiyoung, but he can’t help it. He seriously doesn’t want her to touch him in that way. When her hand touched his bare skin, it felt like getting splashed with ice water in the middle of winter. When she spoke of that word, it felt like getting slapped by his mother’s hand.

The word “marriage” lingers in his mind. Right when the word left her lips, it was like his memories faded and he was brought back to reality. Daesung didn’t notice how he let himself fall back to the past. Being with Mi Sun, he just couldn’t help it. Everything that surrounded Mi Sun before instantly came back to him with a snap.

And his whole life surrounded Mi Sun.

Whole life? Think again. Where did you go when Mi Sun was in a coma? His mind whispers to him. He knew the exact answer to that, but he was afraid of admitting it.

He lets his head fall into his hands. “I’m sorry, Jiyoung.” He mutters. “I don’t think I can continue.”

Continue for what? Daesung doesn’t know, but that’s the only excuse that can come out of his stiff lips.

----------------------------------------

A/N: Ah, it's the weekend again. Finally! Prepare for updates!

Comment anyone? :)