He Doesn't Give Up

Remember Me

 

[June 2010; The Next Weekend]

[Daesung POV]

This past week has been complete hell.

Now, instead of leaving early and arriving late, I’ve been leaving late and arriving early from work. Mi Sun hasn’t been really been paying attention to me. I’ve been kind of worried, too. She’s been sleeping early at nights. She falls asleep before I could even call her for dinner. Now, all I can do is tuck her into bed.

And she wakes up late in the mornings. At first, I wondered if she was ill or something. But then, no matter what I do, she would just subconsciously wave me off. As much as that hurts, I still leave her alone. Does that mean she isn’t waiting for me anymore?

So, here I am, my hand hovering over her doorknob. It’s already 8 a.m. I silently and slowly go inside, only to find her unconscious on her bed. I sigh. I walk over to the side of the bed and gaze at her sleeping face. I push away some strands of her hair. I start to shake her.

“Mmm…” She mumbles, waving my hand away.

“Come on. You gotta get up.” I mutter. She continues to push my hands away. I start shaking her harder. I see her eyes start to flutter. “Mi Sun-ah, get up. Wake up.”

“Why should I?” She groans, turning her back to me.

“I should see you conscious at least once. I miss seeing you.” I mumble, stop shaking her. I feel her tense up. Slowly, I grab her shoulders and turn her back to me. Her eyes were wide open now. Without thinking, I smile. “Good morning.” I sing.

The sides of her lips twitch up. “Good morning.” She whispers.

I lean down and press my lips on her forehead. I hear her softly gasp. Just as I part, she sits up, making me stumble back a bit. I smile, suppressing the pain. “It’s nice to see your eyes again.” I say.

Mi Sun simply nods and casts her eyes down to her lap, playing with her fingers. I watch her for a while. What is she thinking about? I sit on the edge of her bed and grab her chin. I pull her face up to look at me.

“I just said it’s nice to see your eyes. But how can I enjoy them when you won’t look at me?” I ask, my voice breaking at the end. I clear my throat just as her eyes widen.

“I’m sorry.” She says. She abruptly climbs out of bed, leaving me in shock. I watch her leave the room. With a sigh, I follow her. My heart hurts. I go in the kitchen just in time to see her start cooking. Even if I’m hurting, I won’t give up. I hug her from behind, feeling the warmth take over me.

“What are you cooking today?” I ask, resting my chin on her shoulder.

“Um,” She mumbles. “I’m not sure yet.”

I chuckle and kiss her shoulder gently. She drops whatever was in her hand loudly. I chuckle once more. “How about we just eat out today?”

“No, I don’t want you to spend any money.” She shakes her head. I frown, my heart squeezing. This is not a good way to spend my day. As if she wants to make it worse, she pulls my arms off her and turns around to look at me. I give her a look.

“Someone rang the doorbell.” She says before walking out to answer the door. I lean against the counter, angrily pulling my hair. What’s going on in her mind? Why won’t she let me hold her? Doesn’t she feel the same way I do?

“Daesung oppa! Good morning!” A cheerful voice enters the kitchen.

~O~O~

Jiyoung suddenly hugs me tight. I hear someone else go in the kitchen.

“If you’re going to make out again, at least take it to the living room.” Mi Sun says behind us. I quickly pull away from Jiyoung. But Jiyoung kisses my lips briefly, making Mi Sun look away.

“Oppa~ Do you know what today is?” Jiyoung giggles, breaking apart from me. I give her a confused look. She rolls her eyes. “Oppa, did you forget already? Aish, I have to remind you of our—Oops, I mean your big day?”

My eyes widen; I freeze. I completely forgot! No! No, no, no! It can’t be today! I’m not ready for it! I’m not ready for all of it… I look at Mi Sun, who had her arm linked with Jiyoung. She looks back at me with concern.

“Are you okay?” She mouths. I gulp and shake my head, far from okay. She gives me a confused look. She takes one hesitant step toward me.

“Oppa, I’m going to borrow unnie for the rest of the day.” Jiyoung informs me, jumping up and down while clinging onto Mi Sun’s arm.

“Why?” I ask.

“Remember? She’s attending, too!”

“But—“

“Aish, no more questions, oppa. We’ll be going now~” Jiyoung sings, dragging Mi Sun along with her.

“But…” I trail off, following them to the door.

“Wear your suit, oppa!” Jiyoung reminds me while going into her car. Mi Sun looks at me one more time. I stare back. Her lips twitch up before she gives me a full smile. It feels like the wind was blown right out of me. She waves and goes in the car. I stay rooted on my spot before the car wasn’t in sight anymore.

I turn around and head back inside. I let out a heavy breath. Man did that smile leave me breathless. Why is it she finally smiles back at me just when she’s about to leave? I pout; it’s not fair.

As I go back to my room, my eyes instantly land on my bedside table. I gulp. Am I really ready for this? So many doubts are running through my mind. For the past few years, I’ve been trying my hardest… But now that reality hits me. I’m actually very scared. Many things are going to happen today. But, I hope they won’t affect my already complicated life.

With slumped shoulders, I take a shower and get everything ready.

--------------------------------------------

A/N: What do you think? 

Comments are loved :)