Just Mere Curiosity

Remember Me

 

[May 2010]

[Mi Sun POV]

I pass by the kitchen since I’ve already seen the whole thing. I silently walk around the living room. I lightly touch the thin yet huge TV on the wall. I softly whistle. I take a peek out the three windows in the living room. My eyes grow wide.

The backyard is practically a golf-field!

Omo! He even has a man-made pool with the slide. Right across from the pool, there’s a little wooden gazebo. I reluctantly turn away from the window. I should explore the rest of the house before I go outside. I tiptoe past Daesung’s room and walk past my room. I walk into the hallway with three more rooms. I open the first door on the right. It’s an office room. It’s fully decked with a fireplace, dozens of bookshelves with amazing books, and right in the middle of it all, there’s a desk with papers stacked on top on it.

This must be where Daesung works or something. Maybe I shouldn’t snoop in here just yet. What can I say? I’m curious about Daesung. I hardly know him yet he takes me in and gives me a place to stay. Even though he is kind of weird. I mean who smiles like that all the time? I close the door and go across the hall and open the door on the left.

It’s another spare room. I scrunch up my nose and close the door. I go walk down farther into the hallway and face the last door at the end. I turn the doorknob. I my head to the side. Why won’t this one open? I turn the knob again, just to be sure. I let go with a sigh. I might as well let it go. Maybe it’s something too personal, that’s why it’s locked. I can’t even ask him about it because then he’ll know I went snooping around his house. Then he’ll really kick me out. I won’t have anywhere to go. I should just keep my mouth shut.

I go back down to the kitchen and start looking around the fridge for some milk. I squeak in glee as I find a box of cookies in the pantry. Mmm, milk and cookies, sounds good already.

~O~O~

[Daesung POV]

I chuckle silently as I watch Mi Sun attack the cookies and gulp down the milk. I remember her going crazy for milk and cookies whenever we enter a kitchen. She would always have milk and cookies before she goes to sleep. She instantly becomes a child when it comes to her favorite. She’s still the same…

But yet so different.

I close my eyes and gulp down hard. I plaster a smile on my face and return back to my room. I saw her going around the house. I’m sure she didn’t know I saw her look at everything. Well, everything except for that last room at the end of the hall. I haven’t opened that room in a while. Maybe I should visit it just once…

No, I shouldn’t. Not yet. I think I should wait a little longer. The vibration of my phone in my pocket makes me jump. I take out my phone and look at the caller ID. I put the phone up to my ear.

“Yoboseyo?” I answer.

“Daesung-ah! What are you doing?” Seunghyun hyung sings on the other line.

I roll my eyes. “Just got home from the park.”

“With who?”

“Who else would I go to the park with?” There was a moment of silence on the other line. I roll my eyes once more. “I was with Mi Sun.” I say with a sigh.

“Oh! Right. Any luck?” He asks.

I purse my lips out. “No, none at all. Us going there just broke a memory, so to say.”

“What do you mean?”

“Mi Sun and I used to love swinging together. In mid-swing today, the chains holding the swing snapped. I guess it’s a sign. It’s like we broke a memory. The swing was a sign to say that I can’t bring it back to her.” I end with a dejected sigh.

“If I was with you right now, I would slap you.” Hyung says.

I feel my face scrunch up. “What? Why?”

“You babo. Never think that way. Don’t give up hope. I’m sure she would at least feel a bit of familiarity.”

“You could be right.” I say, a tinge of reluctance in my voice.

I could practically imagine hyung rolling his eyes at me. “I’m always right. Now, go off and woo your girl.”

“Nice choice of words, hyung.” I chuckle.

“Shut up.” He snorts. “And I just remembered, we have a meeting to attend tomorrow.”

“But what am I going to do with Mi Sun?” I ask.

“Don’t ask me. I’m not the one who’s taking care of her.” He replies, a hint of a smile in his voice.

“Yah! You brought her here without even asking me!” I shout.

Hyung laughs a deep, hearty laugh. “Oh, I know! I—”

“Hyung~!” a voice sings on the other end.

“What the hell? How did you guys get in my house?” Hyung shouts.

“Where do you think? From the back.” the voice replies. That sounds like YoungBae. Two more voices shout in the background of approval. That must be Jiyong and Seungri, too.

“Aish. I have to go now. I need to go check the locks in my backyard. Because for some reason, homeless idiots keep coming into my house.” Seunghyun hyung tells me. I laugh as I hear the other three choruses, “Hyung!”

“Shut up! You guys need your own damn houses.” Hyung says, probably sticking his tongue out at the three. “Alright, Daesung. Go off and have fun with Mi Sun.” Hyung tells me this time.

I cringe at the tone of his voice when he says that. “Hyung, you’re so wrong.”

There was another deep laugh from him before he hangs up.