Her Attitude Change

Remember Me

 

[June 2010; The Next Day]

[Mi Sun POV]

“Let’s get married, Mi Sun.” The boy says, smiling.

“We’re too young. Besides, you have so much to live for, Daesung. You know I can’t take that away from you.” Mi Sun rolls her eyes.

“But if it’s you, Mi Sun, I’m willing to throw everything away.” He softly says, touching her face.

Mi Sun takes his hand away with a sigh. “But I can’t let you do that.”

“What if I proposed to you right now?” Daesung blurts out.

“I would refuse.” Mi Sun gently whispers. “I won’t take your future away from you.”

The scene suddenly changes and Mi Sun walks in a dark room. The door suddenly closes with a slam. But Mi Sun doesn’t notice. She looks around the room. Then she catches on to something. A figure of a man was standing across the room from her. She sees the gleam of his smile.

Realization hits her and she starts walking toward him, a smile also on her face. But then another body intercepts and pushes Mi Sun aside. The body of a girl hugs Daesung. Horror washes over Mi Sun as she watches their lips touch.

“This… is where you step back,” Mi Sun’s mind whispers to her.

“No more.” I wake up with a cold sweat. I hug the bed sheets tightly, sobbing. “Please, no more. I can’t take these anymore.”

I fall back on the bed, staring mindlessly at the ceiling. I think about my dream. Two memories in one dream that scare the hell out of me. I’m going insane, completely going insane. I close my eyes; what was that last thing I heard?

“This is where I step back.” I chant. I snap my eyes back open, frightened.

Maybe this the time to step back and forget

~O~O~

“Good morning!” I greet Seunghyun in the kitchen. I smile. “How’d you sleep?” I ask him; trying to erase the look he’s giving me. Remember: try to forget and try smiling, I tell myself.

“Soundly, I guess.” Seunghyun answers, sounding confused.

“That’s good. Thanks for letting me stay over last night.” I say.

“Don’t worry about it. It looked like you needed it.” He replies, sipping his coffee. “Breakfast is on the table.” He tells me.

I chuckle and walk to the dining room, surprised to see YoungBae, Jiyong, and Seungri there. “Oh, good morning, guys. Why are you here so early?” I ask them as I sit down.

At the corner of my eyes, I see them share a look with one another; probably confused by my attitude. “We slept here.” Seungri answers me.

“Oh, I didn’t know that.” I comment, pouring myself a glass of milk. “So, how—“

“Okay, save the crap, Mi Sun. What’s gotten into you?” Seunghyun interrupts me, emerging from the kitchen.

“What do you mean?” I ask, pretending to be confused.

“We heard you crying, Mi Sun.” Seungri softly replies. Four pairs of eyes look at me. With a sigh, my façade instantly crumbles.

“Fine. I was crying, but so what? It was a worthless thing to do.” I tell them, meaning it.

“What do you mean?” Jiyong asks.

I shrug, feeling nonchalant. “It is obvious Daesung is dating Jiyoung. I was just too stupid to realize it.”

“So what? Daesung seems to like you a lot.” YoungBae speaks up, looking a little frustrated.

“Maybe so, but he’s still dating Jiyoung. Plus, Jiyoung is in love with him. I don’t want to hurt her; I don’t want to hurt anybody.” I say whatever’s on my mind.

“And you’re willing to hurt yourself?” Seunghyun asks, looking at me with pitiful eyes.

I look away. “Of course.”

~O~O~

[Daesung POV]

I wake up to a quiet, empty house.

Not even trying to pick up my feet, I drag myself around the house. I don’t eat; just pour myself a glass of milk. I lean against the counter, swishing the milk around the cup. One side of my lips turns upwards as I think of Mi Sun glugging down milk with cookies.

“Is that all you’re going to eat?” A familiar voice enters the kitchen.

I snap my head up, my eyes widening at the sight of Mi Sun. I stand straight, going over to her. She raises a hand up, stopping me from taking her into my arms. She looks at me, raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t even think about it, Daesung. Go greet your friends while I make you breakfast.” She says, walking around my frozen figure.

I hear the pans and plates clanging behind me. What… What is going on? I slowly walk out of the kitchen and see the others in my living room. I stand in front of Seunghyun hyung, who was sitting down on the couch watching TV with the others. He raises his head and looks up at me.

“Can I help you?” He says, a ghost of a smile on his face.

“What—?” I stop. I open my mouth, and close it back up. I don’t even know what to ask.

“What?” Seunghyun hyung asks. “What’s gotten into you? You look like you drank some spoiled milk.” He chuckles. I gape at him, trying to sort the weird out. He pushes me down in between him and YoungBae. “Can’t you see I’m trying to watch?”

I don’t say anything, scrunching up my nose. What a weird atmosphere this is. I stand up and go back into the kitchen, making my presence unknown to a cooking Mi Sun.

“Your food is ready.” She says, washing her hands. I open my mouth; I swear she didn’t even look in my direction once. How did she know? I stride over to the plate of food she prepared. Mi Sun turns to me, a smile on her face. I flinch.

“I better see you eating from now on. Don’t even try to skip.” She says. She lightly pats my arm and walks out of the kitchen, leaving me dumbfounded and scared.

But everyone’s nonchalant attitude didn’t faze me enough to not see the look in Mi Sun’s eyes. When she smiled… there was nothing in her eyes. Nothing.

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: I decided to double post today. Since there's school tomorrow, I'm probably going to be busy for the rest of the weekdays. I'll update again on Friday.

Comments? Any thoughts? I'd like to hear them :)