Her Unnoticed Worries

Remember Me

 

[June 2010; Week Later]

[Mi Sun POV]

It’s been a week since I’ve seen Daesung. Though he’s been going to work a lot lately, I can’t help but think that he’d avoiding me. I’m the kind of person who notices the little things, and I always have the feeling that I know Daesung more than I think.

He’s leaving for work a lot earlier. He usually doesn’t go to work until 7 or sometimes 8 a.m., and I always help him get ready. But now, he’s always leaving an hour early or so. Hell, how am I supposed to know if he leaves while I’m sleeping? For all I know, he could be jumping out of his window to get out faster.

He comes back home late, too. Sometimes I stay up as late as I can and wait for him to get back. Eventually, I fall asleep, which causes me to wake up later than usual the next day. There was even a time when Jiyong, Seungri, and YoungBae went to visit and they thought I killed myself once I wouldn’t wake up.

That’s another thing. The three guys come over a lot lately; I mostly spend my free time with them. They seem a little annoyed with Daesung lately. Whenever I mention his name, they share a look and wrinkle their noses from time to time. I still wonder why.

“Here’s your order.” Jiyong comes in the living room, handing me my combo milk and cookies. I smile as a thank you and take the food. He plops down next to me on the sofa and takes a cookie.

“You really did a good job filling up the fridge, Mi Sun.” YoungBae comments; coming from the kitchen with Seungri trailing behind him.

I chuckle, already used to them popping out of nowhere. “That’s one of the jobs I do here.”

Seungri raises an eyebrow. “You actually care about this crap?”

I shrug. “I clean, I cook, I supply the food, and I clean the cars sometimes…” I trail off, thinking. “Which reminds me, I need to wash the cars soon.” I add, making a mental note.

They all share a look and shake their heads. “You serious?” Jiyong asks, disbelief in his tone.

“What?” I ask.

“That should be all Daesung’s stuff to do.” YoungBae replies. Then I hear him mutter, “Lazy .”

“Yah, yah, yah. No need to be bitter. You know Daesung’s been working hard these days. Besides, I’m doing this as a thank you for taking me in.” I defend.

Jiyong shares an eye roll with the other two. “You’re still thinking about that? Mi Sun, Daesung would most likely take you in even if nobody suggested it.”

“And,” Seungri adds. “What do you mean he’s been working hard? He’s been working at his usual pace everyday.”

“But, he leaves early and comes back late.” I tell them. They all snap their heads toward me, surprise on their faces. “What?” I repeat.

They all shake their heads once again. Seungri turns on the TV, while YoungBae and Jiyong share a look. Soon after, they return their attention to the TV, completely ignoring me.

I shrug it off and follow their gazes toward the TV. In 30 minutes of silence, my eyes start getting heavy. I yawn.

“You tired?” Jiyong asks.

I shrug, trying to fight off the sudden sleepiness. YoungBae and Seungri burst out laughing as they change the channel to a variety show. Jiyong glances at the TV and the sides of his lips twitch up. I yawn again. Maybe I am a bit tired. This is what I get for waiting for him every night and forcing myself to wake up early.

Slowly, I give in to slumber.

~O~O~

[Author POV]

Her unconscious head falls to the side and lands on Jiyong’s shoulder. He jumps at the sudden contact, but he smiles softly as he sees the sleeping Mi Sun. YoungBae and Seungri see her fall asleep, but they see Jiyong’s smile, too.

“Hyung, you’re not falling for her, are you?” Seungri asks. YoungBae raises an eyebrow, but remains silent.

Jiyong’s smile fades as he shakes his head. “You know I’m not.” But, truthfully, Jiyong’s been asking the same question himself. He knows that he’s not falling for her, but something is there. Actually, besides Seunghyun and Daesung, Jiyong’s the closest to her. Jiyong shakes his head mentally, making the weird thoughts go away.

“She looks uncomfortable.” YoungBae comments, glancing at Mi Sun’s awkward stance. Almost in an instant, Jiyong brings arm around her shoulder, making her rest on his chest. But now, he feels uncomfortable.

“Aish, I thought you had more girl experience than me?” YoungBae rolls his eyes as he stands up from the floor and fixes the two’s position. YoungBae gently pulls Mi Sun’s head down to Jiyong’s lap, pushing off Jiyong’s arm playfully. YoungBae then sits at the other end and brings Mi Sun’s legs on top of his lap.

All of them breathes a sigh of relief at the comfortable silence and continue to laugh at the variety show. Mi Sun, on the other hand, was feeling comfortable. It was as if clouds are carrying her. She instantly starts to dream, something she’s feared for a while now.

A mischievous boy playfully pinches his girlfriend’s side, earning a light smack from her. The girl giggles. “Stop playing around. I’m trying to sleep.” She says.

The boy chuckles softly. He pinches her again, trying to dodge her hand as she goes in for another hit. She still managed. “Aish, I told you I’m tired.” She whines. Just as she was about to close her eyes, he pinches her again.

“Yah, Kang Daesung!” She finally explodes. The boy bursts out laughing; he loves seeing his girlfriend get irritated. “Aish!” She darkly mutters, slapping his arm numerous times. He calms down and grabs both of his girlfriend’s wrists.

“I just wanted to tell you I love you.” He tells her, flashing his angelic smile.

She curses under breath and kisses his lips. “Don’t do that kind of stuff. You know it makes me go insane.” She mumbles against his lips.

He pulls away and kisses her nose. “I know.” He replies, a playful spark in his eyes. “Now, lay down. I got what I wanted.” He teases, and successfully dodges her flying hand this time. The girl lies down on Daesung’s lap and drifts off. Meanwhile, her boyfriend gazes at her lovingly.

“Sweet dreams, Won Mi Sun. Dream of sweet memories.”

Unconsciously, Mi Sun’s lips form into a smile. She’s taking in the feeling this dream is giving her, just like she does with the other memories she doesn’t realize…