A Successful Plan Indeed

Remember Me

 

[May 2010]

[Author POV]

Daesung quickly snatches his hand away from Mi Sun’s face, startled by her sudden awakening. Mi Sun, who didn’t seem to mind his hand on her face, yawns. She’ll just pretend she didn’t notice.

“What’s wrong? Am I drooling?” She asks, smiling slightly.

“No.” Daesung murmurs. “Sorry about the guys. I don’t know why they wanted to sleep here all of a sudden.”

Actually, he exactly knows why they wanted to sleep here. Daesung mentally rolls his eyes at his friends’ foolishness. The others wanted Mi Sun to sleep with Daesung in his room. They know Daesung’s kind heart wouldn’t allow Mi Sun to sleep on the couch, but they also know Daesung loves his bed and wouldn’t leave it for the world.

Mi Sun chuckles under her breath. “It’s alright. I understand their reasons.”

You don’t know the real truth behind their stupidity, Daesung thought. He smiles as her despite the thought in his mind. Mi Sun clears as it became dry when the man in front of her flashed his angelic smile. She looks away and turns her body, making her face the ceiling.

“Do I really have to go to work with you and Seunghyun?” Mi Sun wonders out loud. Daesung stares at her profile silently, debating.

“You don’t have to go if you want to…” Daesung replies, trailing off. Mi Sun sighs in relief. She didn’t want to face whoever was there. She finds business people scary, especially when they’re in business grounds. They act too serious for her liking.

“But I’d like it if you did go.” Daesung finishes, murmuring softly.

The girl stares blankly at the ceiling, taking in what he just said. She turns her head to face Daesung, only to find him sleeping. She turns her whole body to face him this time. She hesitantly reaches out and brush stands of his hair away from his closed eyes.

“I’d love to go with you, Daesung.” She blurts softly. She leans close and brushes her lips against his, soft enough to not wake him. With a sigh, she pulls away and turns, her back facing him. Soon after, she was fast asleep.

Daesung, on the other hand, never did fall asleep. He heard every word, felt every touch. The corner of his lips turn upward, forming a gentle smile.

“How does tomorrow sound?” He whispers before he finally drifts off to slumber.

~O~O~

[Mi Sun POV]

A teenage couple sits in a car, holding hands as they talk. The boy with his trademark messy brown hair softly plants a kiss on the girl’s hand. The girl with short brown hair smiles and blushes deeply.

“Stop being so cheesy.” The girl says, pinching the boy’s cheek.

“Loving you is cheesy?” The boy asks, raising an eyebrow.

The girl rolls her eyes. “Lines like that are cheesy.” She laughs.

“I was raised that way.” The boy replies, taking in her lovely laughter.

“Yah, don’t bring your parents into this. You made yourself like this, Kang Daesung.”

The boy smiles at his girlfriend. “I’m like this because of you, Won Mi Sun.”

Mi Sun swiftly kisses her boyfriend’s lips and leans back on the chair with a sigh. “We should go back. Your parent’s probably need you at this time of day.”

Daesung sighs as well and starts his car. “You love me, right?” He asks as they drive down the roads, still hand in hand.

Mi Sun rolls her eyes. “Of course I do, you babo. I tell you that all the time.” Daesung doesn’t say anything. As if reading his mind, Mi Sun lets out an exasperated sigh. But she smiles as genuine smile and looks at Daesung. “I love you, Kang Daesung. Remember that always.”

Daesung lets out a laugh. “And you say I’m cheesy.” He says, earning a smack on his head.

I sit up, rubbing my eyes. There goes my mind again, feeding me these “memories”.  I’m still not sure if I should even call them memories in the first place. I smack my head as I look at the time. It’s only 7 a.m. I yawn and lay back down on the bed. I roll and lay on my stomach, burying my face into the pillows. The scent entering my nose snaps me out of my morning daze.

I instantly recognize Daesung’s scent. I forgot that I fell asleep in Daesung’s room. I look to my side; he’s not there. I start to make my way out of the bed, but suddenly jump at the sound of Daesung’s voice.

“Yah! Seungri-ah! Stop taking all of my food.” I hear him whine.

I smile. The others still must be here. I walk out of Daesung’s room and find YoungBae and Jiyong lounging on the sofa in the living room. They shoot me a wave and a smile. I do the same and go to the kitchen, where I hear Seungri and Daesung bickering.

“Good morning.” I greet both of them, raising an eyebrow. Seungri was hugging three boxes of cereal tightly, pouting. He looks up at me. I look over at Daesung; he had his hands on his hips as he stares at Seungri with a weird expression. I study the scene before me then it clicks.

“Oh, just let the boy eat. Go on, Seungri. I’ll just go out and buy more food.” I say. Seungri gives me a boyish smile and runs out of the kitchen.

“Hyung! I saved you guys food!” I hear Seungri shout in the living room.

I chuckle, but someone’s arms around my waist cut me off. I’m faced with a very muscular chest. I gulp; I didn’t know Daesung worked out. He lightly kisses my nose and smiles.

“Good morning.” He greets. I blush deeply and look down. “So, are you ready?”

“Ready for what?” I ask, noticing how he isn’t pulling away.

“To go to work with me.”

“Eh?”

He laughs and pinches my nose. “You’re so cute. Anyway, you’re coming to work with me, remember? You said you would go.”

I abruptly pull away from his embrace, shocking him slightly. I lean against the counter. “But I didn’t say I would go today.”

Daesung freezes, as if he remembered something. He quickly shakes his head and pouts. “So, you don’t want to go to with me?”

“No! I do.” I blurt out. I secretly pinch myself from the outburst. “I do. Just took me by surprise, that’s all.”

Daesung smiles. “Arasso.” He walks over to me and kisses my lips gently. I feel myself responding. His hands rest on each side of me on the counter, trapping me. My hands reach up and rest on his neck.

“I just need a few—Oh crap. Sorry!”

We pull away and turn our heads in time to see the kitchen door closing. I blush, betting I look like a tomato. That sounded like Jiyong. He’s, for sure, going to bring up that topic we had yesterday.

To my surprise, Daesung snickers. “Get ready. We’re gonna have to go soon.”

He leaves the kitchen, leaving me dumbfounded. That’s when I realize: he was asleep when I told him I would accompany him. My head falls into my hands in embarrassment.