Chapter 8

I'm Sorry My Love

Reaching the place of destination, you got out of the car.
The sight of the place was frightening. It was felt dark and cold but the outward appearance was bright.


As you walked up the stairs, you felt an arm lace in with yours. You could feel the person’s cold hand touch your skin.
It didn’t even take you a second to guess who it was.*Jung In.*
He smiled at the people who stared back at you guys with jealousy. You guys looked like the perfect couple.


If only they knew the truth.

As he gave them his charismatic smile he whispered something to you.
“Do not mess this up.” His voice was low and menacing. “If you screw this up, be prepared to pay for it tonight.”

You nodded. There was no way you were going through another night of pain tonight.  Jung In slowly dragged you closer to him. You got goose bumps. *I wish he’d let go.* You thought. The feeling of his body touching yours disgusted you. It was like he was dirtying you.

Walking through the grand doors, you arrived upon a large room. Everywhere you could see well dressed upper class ladies and gentlemen conversing and dancing among one another. Extravagant yet something was missing.

Jung In finally let go of your arm. You felt relief wash over you. Just as you felt that relief he wrapped his hand around your wrist.  He felt like he needed to make sure you wouldn’t run for it again. You winced in pain.

“You better not run away during this party because if you do I will find you.” He growled at you.

*I have no reason to run anymore.* You thought.

After listening to Jung In’s orders, he allowed you walk around. You left him and walked to the balcony looking over the garden. You closed your eyes and listened to the water from the fountain splashing down. You began to hum a tune that Jaejoong had sung to you when you couldn’t sleep.

Flashback


You rolled around in your bed. The thunder was loud and you couldn’t sleep. You sat up and stared out the window. *Where’s Jaejoong?* You thought.
He left 3 hours ago to pick something up but still wasn’t home. You hoped he didn’t get caught up in the storm. You bit your lower lip. *Please let him be safe.*

You heard the door open. You jumped out of bed and ran to the door to see Jaejoong. He was soaking wet and tired. He looked at you curiously, as you took a towel to wipe his hair.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” He asked.

You sheepishly grinned. “I couldn’t sleep the thunder was loud and you weren’t home yet.”

He gave you a warm smile which made your heart soar.

“Baby you should sleep. You have school tomorrow.”

You shook your head. “I can’t it’s too hard.” You pouted.

Jaejoong laughed at you. “How about I take a shower first then we’ll go sleep together?”

You eagerly nodded. You loved the feeling of his arms wrapping around you while you slept. It made you feel warm and protected. You sat on the bed swinging your legs, waiting for Jaejoong to come out. After 10 minutes he came out and laid on the bed with you. He wrapped his arms around your waist and fell asleep. You still couldn’t sleep. You wriggled in the bed a little to get in a comfortable position. Jaejoong felt you move and looked at you.

“Still can’t sleep, baby?”

“Yea. Everything seems so frightening.” Jaejoong thought for a second.

“How about I sing you a song?” You nodded your head. Jaejoong’s voice was lovely. It was deep but it could carry a fine tune. He began singing softly. Your eyes began to close. Soon enough you fell fast asleep.

Jaejoong smiled as he watched you. He brushed your hair away from your face and pecked you on the forehead. “Sweet dreams, baby girl.” He whispered.

As if answering, you snuggled closer into Jaejoong’s chest. He tightened his grip around you. That night you slept like a baby.

Flashback End.

As you were humming you heard a shutter click behind you. You immediately turned your head thinking it was Jaejooong. Looking around you saw it wasn’t him. It was just a photographer taking pictures of a couple. You stared with envy. *That should be me and Jaejoong.* You thought.

You glanced back down at the garden.
“How will I live without you?” You whispered softly to yourself.