Chapter 12

I'm Sorry My Love

A gloomy atmosphere filled the air in Jaejoong’s living room. He really thought he had heard your voice. He was so sure. Why couldn’t it be true?

“Why is life so ing unfair?” He mumbled to himself. He reached for another can of beer. None was left.


“.” He yelled knocking everything off the table. He walked into his room and laid on his bed. The bed you and him shared together. The comfort he once found on it was gone.

He looked through the skylight and saw your face. “Baby girl…” He quietly whispered. He reached up toward the image and tried to grasp it. No luck. The image dispersed into thin air like it had appeared. Jaejoong threw his arm over his eyes to cover his tears. How hideous was it for a man to cry?

Jaejoong didn’t care. He knew if you saw him in this state you’d probably comfort him and tell him not to worry. You were his angel. He needed you to be by his side.

“Come back please……” He murmured before falling to sleep.


Yunho walked you down the stairs back into the ballroom. You felt Jung In’s stare on you and it was making you feel nervous. Yunho looked down at you and then at Jung In. He could see that Jung In wasn’t going to let this go. Slowly leaning towards your ear he whispered, “Don’t be scared ~~~~~~. I’ll protect you.”

You nodded believing his every word. Both of you slowly made it down the stairs. You stayed close to Yunho. Jung In approached you and grabbed your arm, pulling you close to him. You winced in pain and tried to pull away. He wrapped his arm around your waist and hissed into your ear. “You are mine.”

Shivering you just stood in place. Yunho watched you and then glared at Jun In. “You shouldn’t treat a lady like that.” He spat out. “Can’t you see it’s hurting her?”

Jung In smirked. “She’s mine. I can do whatever I want. I suggest you back off and mind your own business.” Yunho stood there. How could you stand this man’s behavior? He wanted to punch him in the face so bad. “Why don’t you return to the party while I talk to ~~~~~~?” Jung In sneered.

Yunho couldn’t take it anymore. His actions were pissing him off. With one swift movement of his arm, he punched Jung In in the face. Jung In fell onto the floor and touched his upper lip. Blood was oozing out. Everyone gasped. And turned their attention to Jung In and Yunho.

Jung In got up and without even thinking twice he nailed Yunho in the nose. “Take that, b@st@rd.“ He yelled. They exchanged more punches until they were pulled apart by the security guards. By then both were gasping for air. Jung In tried to break out of the guards grasp but they wouldn’t let go.

The guards escorted Jung In and Yunho out. After 10 minutes of waiting, the head maid came in and escorted you out into the car. You gulped. You could feel that you were in for it tonight. The cell phone Yunho gave you buzzed. You quickly took it out of your pocket and read the text.

“~~~~~~, I am sorry for before. You must have been scared. Jung In will probably do something to you tonight for being with me. Please try to protect yourself when we aren’t there. Stay strong. This will be over soon.
-Yunho.”

You slightly smiled and texted back a quick, “Thank you.”

Your smile disappeared as you got into the car and saw Jung In’s face. His whole face was swollen and his upper lip was covered in blood. He glared at you. You sat down and looked away, feeling his stare still on you. “You better be prepared for the worst tonight.” He whispered angrily.

You shivered when you heard his words. Another night of punishment. What did you do to deserve this? You hugged yourself and retreated into a corner of the car. *Oh God. Please let tonight’s punishment be less painful.*

The car pulled to a stop in front of the building. The concierge opened the door and gave you a sympathetic look. He knew the night was going to be rough for you by looking a Jung In’s face. Jung In got out first and you last. “Be careful, agashi.” You heard the concierge whisper. You tried to give him a small smile but the corners of your mouth wouldn’t pull up. You just gave a curt nod.

The maids dropped you and Jung In in front of the elevator. They all bowed simultaneously and backed away. The doors shut and you gulped preparing yourself. You knew he wouldn’t do anything in the elevator but you could see his eyes contained fire. The cameras were always on and Jung In couldn’t ruin his image by hurting you with evidence.

The elevator opened and both of you got out. “Follow me.” Jung In said. You followed him into the bedroom. The lights were still off but you could make out his anger from the moon light.

“Oh God.” You whispered.