Chapter 9: Hopes...Family

My Memory: The One I Love

Kyuhyun’s POV♥♥

“KYU! Telephone call for you!”

I heard Sungmin-hyung calling out from the living room.

Who could this be? I was asking myself this question while walking down the stairs.

Hyung held out the phone to me.

“Hello?”

“Hello, good morning. Is this Mr. Cho?” the lady on the other end asked.

“Yes, this is Mr. Cho. Who’s this?”

“This is Mrs. Jung. The directress of Sunji School. You came here 2 days ago with a friend of yours. You were looking for a girl named Yoona. Do you remember?” she replied.

I scanned my memory for the things I have done for the past two days. Then I remembered that ice cream incident with Evil Girl. Then the time when Sungmin-hyung and I went to my and Yoong’s previous school to look for her records. Could it be. . .

“Yes, I remember well. Do you have any information madam?” I asked.

Please say yes. Please say yes.

“About that, I’m sorry but we don’t have any school records of the girl you were looking for.”

I went blank. I can’t speak after hearing her news.

“Hello? Mr. Cho? Are you still there?”

“Ah, yes. Thank you informing me madam.”, I curtly replied.

“ But if you are certain that she studied here, there could be a possibility that she transferred school. That’s maybe one of the reasons why we can’t track her records here. You know, all the school records are turned over to the school where the student wishes to transfer. So, I think you can still find her.” Mrs. Jung encouragingly said from the other end.”

I looked at the possibility she mentioned.

“Yes. Thank you very much madam. Sorry for bothering you too much.” 

“That’s nothing. I’m willing to help. Oh well, good day sir. I will hang up now.”

“Thank you again madam. Good bye.”

I placed the receiver back to its place. 

I sighed.

How will I find Yoong now?

“Kyu?”

That was Sungmin-hyung, he probably noticed that I’m out in this world again.

“Yes hyung?”

“That was Mrs. Jung, right?” he asked.

“Yes. And she said she can’t find Yoong’s record in their school.” I told him.

He looked at me and examined my face.

“Why are you looking at me like that hyung?”

“Nothing. Oh, we’ll find her for sure. Remember her full name, and everything will be easy. What’s meant to be is meant to be” he stated.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You’re smart. You know what I mean.” He smiled.

“YAH! YAH! YAH! What are you talking about?” Teukie-hyung walked to our direction. He was wearing his wide dimple-smile. He looks so handsome.

“Nothing. Just about our baby’s future wife.” Sungmin-hyung smirked.

“Ah. Don’t worry about her for now. Remember you have to be nice today, okay?” Teukie-hyung said while ruffling my hair.

“Yah! What was that for?!” I exclaimed.

“Ow, see? You can’t hold your temper. Tsk. If you do something unpleasant when she comes here, you’re dead.” 

“What’s so special about her?! You already have a girlfriend yet you---”

“Oy! I’M NOT FLIRTING! I’m only Yul’s Guy. ONLY YUL’S! Our visitor is only a little sister to me.” hyung reasoned.

“Yeah. I wish noona comes back really soon. I miss her cooking.” Sungmin-hyung sighed.

“She’ll come home in 3 days.” Teukie-hyung smiled delightfully.

“Is she staying here?” I asked.

“Of course. This is her home too.”

“I wish noona’s here as soon as possible. I miss her badly. You bully me all the time.” I looked coldly at my eldest hyung.

“What! I don’t bully you!”

“Yes you do. If noona finds out. . .”I smiled evilly at him.

“Blah blah. As if she’ll believe you.” Teukie-hyung stuck his tongue out at me.

“Of course she’ll believe me! I’m her baby.” I raised an eyebrow at him. Yeah, I love teasing my hyung.

“But I’m her boyfriend! She’ll take my story in more than yours.”

“Really?”

“REALLY!” he exclaimed and rolled his eyes.

Sungmin-hyung and I were just laughing so hard on our hyung’s reaction. He’s too childish. Sometimes it makes me think what Yuri-noona loved about him. Maybe Teukie-hyung is such a very special person in his own ways.

“Whatever. Laugh all you want.” He stuck his tongue out at us and went to their room.

When he was on the hallway of our dorm’s second floor, he called out to us.

“WHO WANTS TO WATCH TITANIC? I HAVE THE DVD! AND I HAVE TONS OF POPCORN HERE!”

My hyungs who were watching the news quickly switched off the television and ran upstairs. 

“Let’s go Kyu! They’ll eat our share if we don’t hurry!” Sungmin-hyung said while skipping to the stairs. 

I just smiled at him. I followed him to my hyungs’ room and found all the other 10 members sitting on the floor while munching their popcorn.

“We already watched this movie over 10 times already. I bet all of you already memorized the dial---”

“Shut up magnae.” Heechul-hyung told me.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

And as a heartwarming response, he threw a handful of popcorn to my face.

“Yah! Don’t waste the food!” Shindong-hyung exclaimed.

“Hey! I bought those popcorn. I didn’t just snatch then from the grocery.” Teukie-hyung said.

“Sorry.” Heechul-hyung apologized.

“Can we watch now?” Donghae-hyung irritatedly asked.

“Yah. Let’s watch the movie now.” Eunhyuk-hyung seconded.

“As if this is the first time you’ll watch Titanic.” I murmured to myself.

“What were you saying?” Ryeowook-hyung nudged me on the ribs.

“Nothing. I said let’s watch the movie.” I lied. I don’t want EunHae to be my enemy. They are worst than Sungmin-hyung being mad.

I just sighed and watched the movie along with my hyungs.

This feels good. We are really a FAMILY.