His Voice is Like Magic

My Memory: The One I Love

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

I was dreaming.

 

In my dream, I was at the shore, looking at the setting sun. The breeze was gentle and the waves are calm. I could feel the warm seaside air around me.

 

Just then, someone hugged me from the back.

 

Yoona.

 

Her smooth skin against mine, it felt so comfortable. Her breath against my back, it felt so warm. This sensation, I love it.

 

“Yoona, I’d like to tell you something.” I said, still keeping our position.

 

“I love you. I don’t know how or why, I just do. Yoona, will you be mine?” I turned around and was surprised to see not Yoona, but a guy.

 

Sungmin-hyung.

 

He was smiling evilly.

 

“Wake up Kyuhyun. You look very funny.” Then his laughter filled my ears.

 

I woke up with a start.

 

I found hyung rolling over my bed, laughing so hard he already had tears on his eyes.

 

“WHAT WAS THAT?!” he said, still laughing his heart out.

 

I glared at him and threw a pillow on his face.

 

“Shut up hyung.” I covered my face with my pillow and tried to go back to sleep.

 

“I should have taped it. You should have seen your face. It’s soooooooo funny! ‘ I love you. I don’t know how or why, I just do. Yoona, will you be mine?’ Honestly, go and confess!” and he roared with laughter.

 

I kicked him out of my bed and he landed on the floor with a soft thud. He was still laughing hard.

 

“GET LOST HYUNG!” I shouted, my face still under the pillow. I got up and threw all my pillow at him.

 

“Okay. Get ready. We’ll go to the studio in less than an hour, LoverKyu.” And he stormed out of the room, still laughing loudly.

 

Aish. What is happening to me? And why do I have to sleep talk? And worst, in front of Sungmin-hyung?!

 

I took my phone from my bedside table.

 

Is she already up?

 

I typed my message, searched for her number from my contacts and pressed SEND.

 

I picked up my pillow form the floor and fixed my bed.

 

Then, my phone beeped.

 

From: Yoona (:

                Good morning too! Had a good sleep? (:

 

I smiled. Well, this wasn’t a bad morning afterall.

 

Had a good sleep?’

 

Well, maybe? Because I dreamed of you?

 

I chuckled at the thought. I’m going crazy.

 

I typed in my replied and pressed SEND. But before I tossed my phone over my bed, I noticed something.

 

Why is my phone’s wallpaper Yoona’s picture?

 

“LEE SUNGMIN!” I yelled as I stormed out of the room to look for my hyung.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

I was awoken by the ringing of my phone.

 

I checked on the time, 6:45 am.

 

Woah. I should hurry and open the shop today. Many flowers are waiting to be delivered.

 

I checked on the new messages in my phone.

 

From: Siwon-oppa

                Good morning Yoona! We have schedules today. Have a blessed day! (:

 

That was nice of oppa. Still remembering me though we haven’t seen each other for a while now because of ‘certain matters’.

 

I decided not to reply his message. I don’t want to be rude but, I think it’s better. I don’t want him to be in another misunderstanding wit his girlfriend if the latter reads my message. I don’t want to wreck a relationship.

 

From: Kyuhyun (:

                The sun is up!

                Rise and Shine.

                Good morning YOONA! (:

 

I smiled. This guy, as I realize, also has his sweet side. It turned out that he has a very different personality from the Kyuhyun I met first.

 

Mean Kyuhyun to Nice Kyuhyun.

 

I typed my reply and sent it.

 

I ran down to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast. This will be a very busy day for me.

 

Then, my phone rang again.

 

1 Incoming Call

                Kyuhyun (:

 

I can’t help but smile. I thought they have their schedule today. Why is he calling?

 

“Hello?”

 

“Good morning!” It was Kyuhyun’s beautiful and warm voice that filled my ears.

 

“Good morning! What’s up?” I asked.

 

“Oh~ Nothing really. What are you doing?”

 

“I’m preparing my breakfast.”

 

He chuckled. “You can cook?”

 

“Of course I can.” I replied.

 

“I doubt it.” he laughed.

 

“Yah! Did you call just to tease me?”

 

“Of course not.”

 

SILENCE

 

“I thought you have your schedule?” I randomly asked.

 

“Yep. I’m just waiting for my hyungs. We’ll be having our rehearsals for a performance tomorrow.”

 

“Oh. You’ll sing?”

 

“Yeah. You want to hear how good I am?” he asked in a smooth, husky voice.

 

“Sure. Go on. Let me hear you sing.”

 

I sat down and stirred my milk when he started singing.

 

“What if naega geudael
Meonjeo mannasseoddamyeon
Ani charari na
Geudaereul mollasseoddamyeon...”*

 

His voice, it’s like magic. It’s very beautiful. I feel warm inside, like my heart is going to melt.

 

“So, how was it?” he asked.

 

“Very good! You have a very beautiful voice. I wish I could see and hear you sing that song live, so that I could see your expression.” I chuckled.

 

“That song, I personally like it. Especially now, I can relate to it.”

 

There was another silence.

 

He said he could relate to it. I wonder what that meant.

 

“But we don’t sing that song often. Only 4 of us sang that song and our group doesn’t feel complete if we’re not 13 on stage.” He explained.

 

“Oh. Really? But I really wanted to hear you sing that song live.”

 

Then I heard someone shouting on the other line.

 

“Yah! KYUHYUN! THE BUS IS READY! HURRY!”

 

It sounded like Donghae-oppa, but I wasn’t that sure. But it made Kyuhyun curse under his breath before speaking again.

 

“Yoona, I’ll call you later okay? I promise. We have to go now. Bye! Take care!”  he reassuringly said.

 

“Oh, sure. Take care. Bye Kyuhyun!” and I hung up.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

It was already 12:45 pm when the rehearsals finally ended. Another super late lunch for Super Junior.

 

“What do you want for lunch?” Hankyung-hyung asked all of us.

 

“I want any meal with rice. I’m so hungry.” Teukie-hyung pouted and patted his tummy.

 

“Rice and spicy chicken please!” Donghae-hyung said, jumping up and down like he always do.

 

“Jjamppong!”  Heechul-hyung yelled from the back.

 

“Me too! I want Jjamppong!” Eunhyuk-hyung smiled his gummy smile that made him look like a 10 year-old.

 

“Yah! Eat spicy chicken!” Donghae-hyung nudged Eunhyuk-hyung on the ribs.

 

“Nah. I don’t want. I want Jjamppong.” The older stuck his tongue out and ran to Teukie-hyung’s side.

 

“Kimchi fried rice please hyung.” Ryeowook said politely (as always).

 

“Me too! Kimchi fried rice please.” Yesung-hyung said, smiling at Ryeowook.

 

“Kangin-hyung, Kibum and me will have spicy chicken barbecue.” Siwon-hyung raised his hand to be acknowledged.

 

“I’ll have orange chicken hyung.” I said lazily.

 

“I’ll have that one too!” Sungmin-hyung said, clapping excitedly. He looked cute while doing that.

 

“Me too!” Shindong-hyung waved his hands.

 

“All the rice meals with extra rice? And all the noodles with extra toppings?” Hankyung-hyung asked while scribbling on his notes.

 

Everyone nodded in unison.

 

**

Lunch break ended at 2 o’clock pm.

 

 

I took out my phone from my bag. Nobody texted. Lame. Is she that busy?

 

TO: Yoona (:

                Hello! Too busy to text me? T.T

 

“Kyu! Come on! The show starts in 10 minutes!” Teukie-hyung called from outside the dressing room.

 

“Coming!” I tossed my phone back in my bag and ran to outside,

 

4:20 pm

 

The show finally ended.

 

I felt so tired already. Maybe because I to play StarCraft today.

 

I looked for my PSP inside my bag. Then I remembered that Yoona should have replied to my message earlier.

 

I took out my phone only to find out that there was still no new text message.

 

I decided to text her again.

 

TO: Yoona (:

                Still busy?

 

And again.

 

TO: Yoona (:

                Hey!

 

And again.

 

TO: Yoona (:

                What are you doing?!

 

And again.

 

TO :Yoona (:

                Hey! Why are you not texting me? T__T

 

And again.

 

TO :Yoona (:

                I’m angry now. Really angry.

 

I tried to call her, but there’s no response. Her phone just kept on ringing and ringing. This is pissing me off.

 

I texted her for the last time.

 

TO: Yoona (:

                Fine. If you don’t reply to this message now, YOU ARE SO DEAD!

 

I stood up and kicked the chair beside Teukie-hyung. The older was shocked that he jumped off his chair.

 

“Yah! What did you do that for?! Don’t blame the innocent chair!” he said.

 

I looked at him. Now I completely understand why hyung would stay late at night just waiting for noona’s text message. And why Kangin-hyung would be in a very bad mood whenever Taeyeon-noona forgets to call him.

 

I sighed and sat down.

 

“She’s fine. She’s just busy. She’ll call you for sure. Just wait. Remember, ‘Patience is a virtue’.” He smiled.

 

Just then, my phone rang.

 

INCOMING CALL

                Yoona (:

 

I looked at  hyung. He only gave me a what-was-I-telling-you look.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello? Kyuhyun?” As soon as I heard her voice, my anger melted. My worries that she could have been gotten hurt vanished in an instant.

 

“Yes?” I replied coldly.

 

“I’M SO SORRY! I left my phone in my room and I had to deliver those flowers so I never knew you texted and called. I’m really—”

 

“Do you know how worried I was?!” I raised my voice in annoyance to her lame excuse.

 

“I’m so sorry Kyuhyun.”

 

The way she said my name, it sent tingles to my spine. I can feel my face warming up.

 

“Aish! You are impossible!”  I can’t stay angry at her for long. I think I became softer now.

 

“I’m really sorry. Really really sorry.”

 

I looked outside the window. It’s raining.

 

“Hey. Did you just got home?” I asked.

 

“Yeah. Why?”

 

“Did you use your scooter in delivering those flowers?”

 

“Yes. Why—”

 

“DID YOU GET WET FROM  THE RAIN?!”

 

“Well, yeah. Just a –”

 

“Have you changed your clothes?”

 

“Well, I haven’t—”

 

“DO YOU WANT TO GE SICK?” Really, this girl makes me go nuts!

 

“Of course not.”

 

“THEN CHANGE TO YOUR DRY CLOTHES! OH MY GOSH!” I stood up and ran my free hand through my hair.

 

“Oh, yes. Sorry.”

 

“I’ll call you later. MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE YOUR CLOTHES! And make sure you answer my call. Okay?”

 

“Okay. I get it. Bye! Take care.” And she hung up.

 

“Woah. You’re a good boyfriend material Kyuhyun-ssi.” Teukie-hyung chuckled and patted my shoulder.

 

*from Super Junior’s WHAT IF, the second chorus.