Chapter 20-- Let's Get this Started

My Memory: The One I Love

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I could hear heavy steps and soft murmurings in the room. I lazily opened my eyes and saw Sungmin-hyung pacing back and forth in our room.

“Hyung, will you stop what you’re doing? You just woke me up.” I mumbled as I hid my face under my pillow.

“Okay. Just go sleep here while all of us go on our trip. Enjoy.” He said cheerfully.

I sat up straight, widely awaken by what hyung just said.

I almost forgot that today is supposed to be the day of our trip. And I will be picking Yoona at 8am.

“What time is it?”

“Quarter after 7. You’re supposed to pick up Yoona, right? You’d be late.”

I eyed him suspiciously. “How did you know about that?”

“I heard you talking to your girlfriend on the phone last night. It’s not my fault you were talking loudly.” He smiled innocently as he skipped out of the room.

I just shook my head in disbelief as I hurriedly got off my bed and went to the bathroom.

When I was all prepared, I took my car keys and skipped to my car when someone called me from behind.

“Magnae!”

I turned around and saw Taeyeon-noona and Sunny smiling at me. Taeyeon-noona immediately caught me with a bone-cracking hug while Sunny abused my face by pinching every part of it.

“Yah! The two of you are torturing me!” I exclaimed.

Thankfully, noona let go of me while Sunny clung to my arms and smiled cheekily.

“Did you miss us oppa?” she asked. Noona smiled as she waited for my answer.

“Of course I did.” I replied.

“Really? I missed you a lot too oppa!” Sunny giggled as she clung to my arms tighter.

“Magnae, you seem to be taller now.” Noona smirked.

“I’m taller than you since then noona. That’s nothing to be surprised of.” I chuckled.

“Yah! Don’t make fun of my height!” she pouted.

“Oppa, shall we go swimming when we arrive at the beach resort? I booked the pool for the two of us.” Sunny interrupted.

“Oh. That—”

“She can’t come, Sunny.” A voice from behind said. We all turned around and found Yuri-noona approaching us.

“Why?” the aegyo queen pouted as she looked at me for an answer.

“He can’t come because he needs to spend his time with his girlfriend.” Yuri-noona as-the-matter-of-factly said while smirking at me.

I felt Sunny let go of my arm and I found her hands on her waist as she stood in front of me.

“What was that oppa? Girlfriend?” she shrieked.

Right. I haven’t told them about Yoona. 

Taeyeon-noona’s brows furrowed as he examined my expression. 

“Girlfriend? Magnae has a girlfriend?” she asked.

Yuri-noona giggled as she look at our expressions. “Didn’t you know? Kyu has a girlfriend. And she’s really really pretty unni…” she clung unto Taeyeon-noona’s arm as the latter smiled slowly.

“Really? I want to meet her!” the eldest noona giggled as she clapped her hands excitedly.

“Of course you’ll meet her unni. Kyu’s bringing her over for the trip.” Yuri-noona faced her unni both giggled happily.

“Yah! Unni! What is this all about?! What’s this girlfriend stuff?!” Sunny shrieked.

Yuri and Taeyeon-noona pulled her away from me as they tried to “explain” everything to her.

“Kyuhyun already has a girlfriend, get it? So you better stay a little away from him. I mean, less skinship okay?” Taeyeon-noona told her, like she’s instructing a little kid not to pick up a lollipop that just fell on the ground.

Sunny turned at me, her eyes full of curious questions and yearning for further explanation.

“Oppa, is that true?”

I nodded once, and she started whining like a little kid. She looked so cute though.

“How could you oppa! I told you just wait for me until I graduate from college! How could you have a girlfriend other than me! Oppa!” 

I looked at my noonas, and they hopefully understood what I wanted to say.

“Sunny-ah, Kyuhyun is your oppa. He can’t be your boyfriend. He’s just a big brother.” Taeyeon-noona explained to the younger girl.

“Unni is right. Besides, you’re too cute to handle. I’m sure there are guys out there who’d really love to be your boyfriend. Someone who wouldn’t care if you’re really young for a boyfriend or even if you act so childishly.” Yuri-noona smiled, and looked at Sungmin-hyung, who, after hearing the commotion, peeked from the kitchen.

Right. So Sunny is Taeyeon-noona’s little sister. She’s 5 years younger than noona, that explains why she is so pampered by her unni. 

“Sunny-ah, you’re a sweet girl. But as noona said, I’m just your brother. There are a lot of guys out there. Though not as good as I am but…” I smiled cheekily, earning a snort from my noonas.

“Teukie is better than you.” Yuri-noona smirked.

“And Kangin is stronger than you, magnae.” Taeyeon-noona chuckled.

“Whatever. Oh, I have to go. I need to pick Yoona.” I bade goodbye to everyone and went on to pick my “girlfriend”.

Yoona's POV

Kyuhyun arrived 5 minutes before the time we agreed he’s pick me up. As soon as he arrived, my heart began thumping like crazy. 

He did a bow to my aunt before he took my bags and put it inside his car’s baggage compartment. 

“We’d be going now ma’am.” He smiled as we bade goodbye to Auntie.

Auntie smiled back. “Take care then. Kyuhyun-ssi, take good care of my Yoona, will you? She’s really stubborn, so just scold her if necessary.”

Kyuhyun threw me a did-you-just-heard-what-she-said look before turning back to aunt.

“Of course ma’am. I’ll take care of her.”

The drive to the Super Junior’s dorm was surprisingly long. Then, it was Kyuhyun who broke the ice.

“You’re aunt really loves you.” 

I looked at him. His eyes were still on the road but it was obvious that he’s smiling.

“Of course. Who wouldn’t love me?” I smiled.

“Too full of yourself, huh?”

“Not really. Just stating facts here.”

“Really? Everyone likes you?”

“Yes, of course. Why? Don’t you like me?”

“Of course I do!”

Kyuhyun's POV

“Yes, of course. Why? Don’t you like me?”

“Of course I do!”

I felt Yoona was taken aback by my reply.

Yah! Why do my stupid mouth have it’s own brain? Can’t I just keep quiet?

I mentally cursed myself. Now what? 

At the corner of my eye, I saw Yoona look at the scenery outside, her eyes and face are blank.

Did I just turned her off with how blunt I am?

Then I noticed the hoodie she had on.

It’s exactly the same as mine.

“We’re wearing a couple hoodie, right?” I awkwardly asked, just to break the uncomfortable silence.

“Yes. That’s supposed to be my surprise.” She smiled shyly.

She looked really cute.

“I like it. The hoodie looks cute on you too.”

“Thanks.”

Yoona's POV

I looked at the scene outside as I tried to re-study Kyuhyun's words awhile ago.

“Yes, of course. Why? Don’t you like me?”

“Of course I do!”

I don’t know if it was true, but a part of me says I should believe him.

Our relationship was somewhat hard to explain. This play that we’re in, it felt so real to me. it was supposed to be a thing where I should believe in everything I see and hear and feel because I know it was all but fake. Purely acting. Nothing serious. 

I have nothing bad to say about Kyuhyun. He’s sweet, caring, everything a girl would want their boyfriend to be. I don’t know when it started, when I started falling for him. He made me feel special and loved. Though I wanted to believe that everything he shows me were real, I can’t help but tell myself that this is not what things should be.

He’s a star that I could only look at. I can’t touch him. He’s miles and miles away from me. I’m just Yoona. Plain Yoona. Nothing’s special about me. Nothing’s interesting about me.
Whereas he’s Cho Kyuhyun, the evil magnae of the super group Super Junior. When I think about these facts, I can’t help but just accept the mere fact that we don’t walk on the same path.

We arrived at their dorms soon enough. I immediately saw Yuri-unni on the garage as Kyuhyun was parking his car. She’s with two other girls. They are so pretty. The one has a short hair while the other is a blonde. Both looked too young and cute. 

Kyuhyun opened the door for me, and as soon as I stepped out, unni clung her arms around mine.

“Yoona-ssi! Nice to see you again. I missed you!” she giggled.

“I missed you too unni.” I smiled back.

“So, you’re oppa’s girlfriend?” the shorter girl asked. She looked like a kid, she’s too cute. At first I thought she could pass as Sungmin-oppa’s female version.

Kyuhyun walked over my side and held my hand. 

This is only acting Yoona. I told myself.

I smiled shyly as Kyuhyun took over the conversation.

“Yes, Sunny. This is Yoona. Yoona, this is Sunny and her unni, Taeyeon-noona.” Kyuhyun referred to the girl taller than Sunny, who smiled cutely I swear she looked too cute I wanted to pinch her cheeks.

“Hello! I’m Im Yoona. Pleased to meet you.” I smiled and bowed politely.

The girl named Taeyeon giggled as I held my head up again.

“You’re really pretty Yoona. Yuri was right. Our magnae has a great taste. By the way, call me Taeyeon-unni. My sister Sunny is I guess younger than you so you can call her by her nickname.”

“Yah! Kyuhyun-ssi, put Yoona's bags inside the bus. We’ll be leaving in 5 minutes.” Yuri-unni told Kyuhyun. The latter merely nodded and went on to the bus. And there, I was left with 3 beautiful girls I swear I felt like I was surrounded by angels.

“Yoona-ssi, Tiffany and Hyoyeon are inside. Let’s go?” Yuri-unni asked.

Tiffany. My heart fluttered at the sound of her name. She’s Siwon-oppa’s girlfriend, the one who thought her boyfriend is dating ME. I haven’t met her even once. And I’m too scared of meeting her now.

I nodded once and the two unnis pulled me inside, Sunny tugging behind us. For some reason, she’s sulking. I don’t know why but she seemed to be in the bad mood whenever she looks at me and Kyuhyun.

“Fany-ah! Look who’s here!” Taeyeon-unni called out and then, a very pretty girl with a beautiful eye smile emerged from the kitchen. She has this long, wavy hair that made her look like a living doll. Behind her was Hyoyeon-unni. She beamed when she saw me. I did a bow and smiled back.

“Is this Yoona?” the girl asked, who I guess was Tiffany.

“Neh. She’s pretty, right?” Yuri-unni asked.

She smiled beautifully it was hard not to like her. She clapped her hands excitedly as she gave me a warm big hug.

“Yoona-ssi! You’re so beautiful! I knew it! Kyuhyun really has great taste. Wow! You look like a goddess!” 

“Unni, you’re suffocating her. And you haven’t introduced yourself yet.” Sunny whined. She looked like a kid, cute.

“Oh! Sorry! I’m Tiffany by the way. Hwang Mi Young as what my birth certificate says. And you’re Im Yoona, right?” she asked. I nodded and smiled, then she giggled again and hugged me once again.

“I see the girls already introduced themselves to our magnae’s girlfriend.” Heechul-oppa said as he emerged from the living room. “Shall we go then? We don’t want to be caught in a traffic jam, do we?” 

The ride was long. It took us 7 hours of sitting in the bus before we arrived at the beach resort where we would be spending the weekends. Kyuhyun had been on my side the duration of the trip. We sat beside each other at the bus. He always asks me if I wanted to eat this and that, if I’m comfortable sitting like this or should I shift to another position, if I’m sleepy or not, or if I want to play with his PSP or not. The other oppas Heechul and Shindong can’t help but tease us. The trip went on like that, and I kind of liked it.

It was already late afternoon when we arrived at the villa where we would be staying for the weekends. It’s overlooking the sea, making the view so breathtakingly beautiful. The place was peaceful, but not boring nor quiet. Just peaceful.

I wonder what will happen in the next days.