Chapter 2-- Yoong, I'm Home

My Memory: The One I Love

 

YoonA's POV


It’s been 10 years since I last saw him.


Everytime the memories of us play in my mind, I smile.


When will he come back?


He hadn’t been in touch with me for 9 years. Is he ok? I wonder what he looks like. I bet he’s handsome.


He had always been handsome.


-flashback-


“Kyunnie, you always look messy when you eat ice cream!”, I said while wiping off the mess in his face.


“ Sorry. But you have to admit that even though I look messy while eating ice cream, I still look handsome. Right?”, he chuckled.


“Really? You’re so full of yourself!”


“ You can’t just accept the fact that I’m good looking.”


“You wish”, was all that I can say. I can’t tell him that he’s really handsome. His head will surely swell.


-end-


“ Kyunnie, how long will I have to wait? Have you forgotten all about me? You promised..”


Here I go again. Crying. I’m too stupid. Crying over stupid things, over stupid dreams and promises. 

I shouldn’t have believed in him in the very first place.

I should have continued living my life as if he didn’t even existed. They are all but the same. 

My dad, he said he’d come back but where is he now? 

He’s with another woman and lived as if I’ve never been part of his life. 

My mom. Oh, she said one day she’ll come back and take me with her as soon as her new husband finds a new house, but she never did com 

back.


I was stuck in an orphanage for 3 years until my aunt was forced to take me with her. She owned a small flower shop so she made me help her 

with the chores. 

During those times in my life, I had no friends and I felt like I was so alone and unloved. 

Until I met him…


The boy with dull eyes and an expressionless face. 

He’s the boy who lives near my auntie’s house.

He’s so kind yet sulky.

I soon found out that his name is Kyuhyun and that he is the only son and his parents are always away because of work so he is always alone. 

We quickly became best friends and I got used to calling him Kyunnie instead of Kyuhyun.


I only had him then. But, he also had left me. He said he’d come back but he never did. He’s just like my dad and mom.

But, until now, I’m still waiting. Maybe, just maybe, he’d come back to find me. 

I just wish he’d find me very soon. Very soon before I got tired of waiting for him.


Kyuhyun's POV 


Kyuhyun’s POV

It’s been 10 years. Ten long years since I last saw her…


How is she doing now? I hope she’s well I haven’t communicated with her for the past 9 years because dad permitted me to do so. He said I 

should forget all about the past. All about her.


But how can I? I couldn’t just simply throw away the good memories. No.

I had become part of SUPER JUNIOR, the most sought after singing group in Asia and America. It has 13 very unique members namely:

Leeteuk, Heechul, Hankyung, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kibum and of course me, the 

maknae Kyuhyun.


We are all Koreans but I’m the only one who hadn’t been home for a long time because of my studies and all the promotional activities were held 

outside the country. 

Whenever my hyungs go back to Korea, I fell jealous that I can’t go with them. As my mom said, I don’t have a home there. My family’s here, by the 

way. So I don’t bother to argue.


°°°°°°°

“ Manager-hyung called me. He said we’re going to have a meeting.” Teukie-hyung, our leader, said.


“ Hmm… we’ve never been called to a meeting recently”, said Siwon-hyung

“ I think there’s something important to discuss.”, Yesung-hyung said. He is playing with his turtle,AGAIN.


Sungmin-hyung and Donghae-hyung was playing with my PSP and not entirely listening to the conversation.


“Use attack, stupid fish.”, Sungmin-hyung irritatedly told Donghae-hyung. 


“I can’t hyung. My defense would be open.” Said the younger one with a worried expression in his face.


“Hey! You two! Why aren’t you listening?”, Heechul-hyung asked. 


The two stiffened. Donghae-hyung turned off the PSP abruptly.


“ The meeting will commence in 30 minutes. Let’s go.” Teukie-hyung said.



°°°°°°°

“Guys, we’re going back to Korea!”, our manager said once we arrived at the meeting venue.


“Really? OH YEAH!” Sungmin-hyung shouted.

- I know what you feel hyung. You’ve been away from your family for quite some time now.


“ I can’t believe it!”, Kangin-hyung whispered.

- Me either. My heart jumps with joy.


“Finally!”, Eunhyuk-hyung breathed.

- Yes! Finally I have the opportunity to go back.


“I’m just too happy I want to cry.” Ryeowook said. He then started to cry.

- I wanted to cry too, hyung. Finally, after 10 years. We’re going home. 


“Kyuhyun? Aren’t you happy?, Kibum asked me.


Happy? I’m not HAPPY. I’m VERY VERY HAPPY! So happy that I wanted to jump.


“Of course, I am! I haven’t been to Korea since I was 10. I finally had a chance to go back. I finally had the chance.”


“ Ya. 10 years huh. Bet you miss someone there.” He teased.


“Right. But I don’t know if she still remembers me. I haven’t communicated with her for the past 9 years.”


“Nine years?! You kept silents for 9 years?!”


“Dad forbade me. What can I do?” I said. The thought of Yoona alone in Korea makes my heart ache.


“Well then, we’ll help you find her.”, Eunhyuk-hyung said while tapping my shoulder.


“ Yeah. We’ll help you. After all ,you are our baby.” Sungmin-hyung teased.


“Thanks. Thank you very much.”
-----------
Yoona’s POV


I’m taking my normal route to school. Gosh, these books sure are heavy. If we hadn’t changed our residence, I’m sure school wouldn’t be THIS FAR.

“Yoona! Yoona!”

That’s my name. someone’s calling me from behind. Well, I don’t need to guess who was it.

“Yoona! Wait! You walk too fast! Slow down please.”

“Sica, it’s you who walk too slow. Pace up.”

That’s Jessica. Jessica Jung. Sica for short. She was born in America but tranfered here when she was 6 because of their business. Yes, you heard it right. Jessica’s a rich kid. They own a restaurant, that is. Since we transferred our residence, she had been the only girl I made friends with. 

“Haha. Sorry.Oh! Have you read the newspaper today?”, she asked.

“Nope. Why?”

“Super Junior is coming home!”, she said excitedly.

“Super Junior?What?”

“Oh no. I forgot, you’re old school. Haha”, she teased. “Anyway, Super Junior is a boy group. They are all Koreans yet they haven’t been here since their last member joined because of promotional activities they have in America. I can’t believe they’re finally going home!”, she said.

I looked at the paper she’s holding. Yes, that Super Junior is the headline. What makes them so special that they made it to the headline of the national circulation?

Super Junior Finally Coming Back To Korea!

Below it is a picture of 13 boys.

“Can I borrow that?”, I said, pointing at the newspaper.

“Sure you can dear. You can return that tomorrow.”

“Thanks.”, I said while shoving the paper into my bag.

~~~

“YOONA!”

There she go again. Auntie. I know what this would mean. 

I went out of my room to the kitchen.

“Yes, Auntie?”

“Clean the dishes. I’ll just go out to deliver this flowers.”

“Yes, Auntie. Please be safe.”

“Do your chores, ok?”, she said before setting off.

My aunt. The only person who had shown the affection my mom and dad failed to give and shower me. I fully understand why she’s a bit mean to me. I’m not her child yet I’m here, sharing with her wealth that she had earned hard. 

She brought me to school because she wanted me to help her earn money when I graduated. A bit funny though but I understand it very well. I cannot complain and will never complain. She’s the only person who’s stayed with me for this long. Even if she had done this with a heavy heart, I still love her. 

I finished cleaning the dishes and now starting to study my lessons.

I searched for my notebook inside my bag when I noticed Sica’s newspaper.

"SUPER JUNIOR Coming back to Korea"

I examined the faces. Sure, they are all handsome.

“From left to right :Siwon, Donghae, Yesung, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Leeteuk, Hankyung, Heechul, Eunhyuk, Kibum, Kangin, Shindong, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun.

I looked closely to the guy named Kyuhyun. Handsome. And he is also named Kyuhyun. Coincidence.

“The Korean boy band Super Junior is finally coming back to Korea after a successful tour in Asia and America.”


“Cho Kyuhyun, the last member to join the group, said that he is very excited to go back to Korea.”

Hmm. What was Kyunnie’s real name anyway? I wonder. I don’t know his true name. I’ve always called him Kyunnie.

Well, he won’t be part of this Super Junior anyway. I bet he’s studying in America that he forgot all about me waiting for him here.

HE FORGOT ALL ABOUT ME WAITING FOR HIM HERE.

It hurts. The truth hurts.

Again, I started to cry. I felt pity for myself. I just wasted 10 years of my life waiting for him. FOR NOTHING.


Kyuhyun’s POV

Korea. 

It’s been a long time. I’m finally back.

Yoona.

Where are you? I hope to see you really soon. I’ll find you. Promise.



We’ve made our way out of the plane. There are a lot of fans on the receiving area of the airport. Banners of our names and faces are everywhere.

Is she here?

Is she one of the fans?

I hope so. I really hope so.


“Wow! I never imagined we’re this popular here!” Shindong-hyung exclaimed when we were in the car.

“Me either. Haha. I feel funny.” Sungmin-hyung said.

“To think that we we’ve never been here for the past 4 years, AMAZING!”, Teukie-hyung breathed. 

I was just silent. Well, I’m always silent. I was in the middle of my game at that moment. The thought of coming back here overwhelms me that I’m not able to talk. Stupid me. Now, I’ll look heartless in my hyungs’ eyes.

“Kyu-ssi? You space out lately huh.”, Heechul-hyung said.

“I’m just happy we’re finally back. And I’m in the middle of my game hyung so don’t in.”

“Weh? How rude!”, he exclaimed.

“Bet he’s thinking of ways to find his someone here.”, Hankyung-hyung teased.

CRAP!

Right. 

Yoona. I almost forgot!

“Oh! Uhm, when will be our free time?”,

“ Dunno. This week’s full. We just arrived, you know.” Siwon-hyung said.

“I hope there’ll be more free time for us. I really want to find her.”

“Kyu-ah. You know, the first thing you need to do is to stop being grumpy. You’re a jolly kid before, right?”, Sungmin-hyung said.

Jolly kid? Well…

~flashback~

“Yoona-ssi!”, I called at the girl with the long brown hair.

“What? Can’t you walk a bit faster? We’ll miss the balloon vendor!”

“You’re too childish! Always asking for balloons.”

“ I am a child! Well, if you don’t want to come, stay here. I can manage all by myself!”, she said.

I became guilty. I don’t want her to be upset or angry with me. I ran past her.

“Slow poke!”, I teased.

“Woah! No running!”, she shouted.

“Come catch me! If you do, I’ll give you a balloon! A pink one.”

“Really?”

At that moment, she started running to my direction. I did not expect her to run that fast. I was caught unguarded. I tried to dodge but she had grabbed my shirt.

“Gotcha! Loser! Hahaha!”, she laughed.

“Okay. You won.”, I pouted.

“Ah. Kyunnie’s a sore LOSER”, she continued teasing me.

“Of course not. If you don’t stop teasing me, I won’t buy you a balloon.”

“Haha. Alright then. I’ll keep quiet.” And then she smiled.
Sigh. That beautiful smile of hers. Her dimples are shown along with her pearly white teeth. I love that smile. It’s contagious. Then I laughed at her.

“ You know…”

“What?”

“Keeping quiet doesn’t suit you. You look…”

“I look what? Tell me!”

“Nevermind. Hahaha…”, then I laughed loudly.

“Right. Laugh all you want.”, she pouted.

~end~

“I’m only jolly and lively when I’m with her before.” I said.

“Woah! That girl’s really SPECIAL. She made Cho Kyuhyun fall for her at a very young age.”, Donghe-hyung started teasing me again.

“I guess, when Kyu-ssi finds her, he’d propose right away.” Kangin-hyung said. 

“ Stop it hyung.” I said. I could feel my face warm up.

“Hey! If I meet her first, I’ll make sure she’d be mine and not yours. Hahaha.”, Teukie-hyung threatened.

“I bet she’d still choose Kyu. Childhood lovers, right?”, Eunhyuk-hyung said.

“ Nah. I hope I’d find her as soon as possible. I miss her more now that I’m back.”, I dreamily stated.

“I knew it! You’re in love.”, Ryeowook and Yesung-hyung said together.

“Yeah… Our baby’s really in love.”, Sungmin-hyung smiled.