Chapter 8: The Ice Cream's SWEET Revenge

My Memory: The One I Love

Kyuhyun’s POV♥♥

Yah~ This day sure will be boring. No schedule. No games to play. I already finished the last stage of the game I was playing and I’d feel stupid if I start it all over again. I should find some ways to entertain myself.

I entered our room and found Sungmin-hyung playing the song “Happy Together” with his guitar. It sounded really good. I love it when he plays he plays his guitar.

Well, enough of that. I might change my mid into just staying home instead of going out if I continue listening to his playing.

I took my car keys from my table and put on my coat.

“Kyu? Where are you going?” Sungmin-hyung asked.

“Somewhere. I just want to find something else to do.”

“Can I come with you?”, he asked. He has this begging look in his face.

“NO WAY.”

I don’t like going out with this hyung. Not that he’s annoying or something. He just SPOILS ME. When I mean SPOIL, that’s similar to spoiling a 3-year old kid. He won’t care if I spend much as long as I want what I buy. Unlike my other hyungs, he’s the “supportive” one. I always run out of money whenever I’m with him. When we go out, that means we’ll be on a “shopping spree”.

“Kyu…PLEASE! I don’t want to play the guitar here all day. TAKE ME! TAKE ME! TAKE ME!” he pleaded.

Honestly, he looks cute when he begs. That’s why I don’t go easy on him. Mean me. Haha!

“No. Just stay here hyung. You can play with Yesung-hyung’s turtle. That’ll be very fun.” I smiled at him.

“I don’t like to! That turtle’s no fun! Just like hyung.” He pouted.

“YAH! I heard that!” Yesung-hyung shouted from their room.

“Sorry hyung. But it’s true anyway.” Sungmin-hyung smiled at him.

“Shut up or I’ll kill you.” Yesung-hyung threatened. 

“Fine. KYU! Take me with you!”

“I don’t want to. Leave me alone hyung.” I replied.

“I’ll stalk you if you don’t take me! And I’ll hide your PSP where you can’t find it. And I’ll post on my cyworld account that you never liked me. And I’ll tell your mom you’re being mean to me. And-”

“Minnie! Shut up, will you?!” Teukie-hyung yelled from their room.

“Hyung! Kyu won’t take me with him!” he yelled back at Teukie-hyung.

“Kyu, take him please!” Donghae-hyung pleaded.

“Yah! He’s so annoying. Take him.” Siwon-hyung said as he peeped in our room.

Teukie-hyung walked to our room and gave us an annoyed look.

“Kyu, take him. I can’t stand him.”

“Aish~ Whatever. Come on hyung.” I pouted.

“Yehey! I love you Kyu!” 

“Shut up, hyung, Let’s go.”

~~

“You can go inside first Kyu. I’ll just park the car.” Sungmin-hyung said as we arrive at the mall.

“Okay. I’ll be at the bookstore.”

We parted ways. He drove his car to the parking lot while I enter the mall.

OMO. What’s the occasion? There are a lot of people. Good thing my disguise worked. I wore my hoody and dark tinted sunglasses. Sungmin-hyung, on the other hand, wore his casual blue shirt, bonnet and sunglasses.

I made my way into the bookstore and went to the “New Releases” section. There are too many books. I smiled at the sight of it. Then, I remembered her again.

Yoona

I got my reading habit from her. She really loves books. No wonder she’s smart. Books and reading are her obsessions. 

She really changed my life. From happy-go-lucky, I became more serious about things. I’ve seen the world in the new perspective.

“I should start looking for her. Right, after our stroll I’ll be looking for her.”, I told myself.

“Kyu!”

It was Sungmin-hyung.

“Hyung, don’t go shouting my name here. Or else we’ll be tomorrow’s front page.” I told him.

“Oh~ Sorry. Kyu, let’s go there!” he said, pointing at the clothes’ store.

Before I could answer, he had already dragged me inside the store. There were a number of people inside, most of them were couples.

“Yah, hyung. Why here? There are a lot of couples here. It’s irritating. And awkward.” 

“Nah. We’re a couple then.” He said, smiling.

“You’re disgusting hyung.” I blurted out. 

He just chuckled and went to the men’s section while I was left near the counter.

“Hello sir. How may I help you?”, the sales attendant asked.

“Ahm, can you help that guy over there?” I said, pointing out to hyung. “he’d be needing your assistance.”

“Ah. Okay sir.”

She approached hyung and offered him assistance.

I sat down on the sofa inside the store. I’m beside this couple who looks like they’ve never seen each other for a decade.

“Oppa, you’ve grown some beard.” The girl said.

“Really? Do look more handsome?” the guy asked.

“Yep. I fell in love for you more.”, the girl giggled.

Yuck. Can’t take it. I stood up and strolled around the store. Then Sungmin-hyung went out of the fitting room wearing a shirt with the words PRETTY BOY printed in it.

“You look great in pink hyung.” I complemented.

“I always look great.” He chuckled.

“Don’t be conceited.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

~~

When we went out of the store, we were nearly bankrupt. Honestly, when I’m with him, I’ll run out of money.

“Hyung, I’m hungry.” I told him.

He looked at his watch. It’s already 1:35pm.

“Woah! We were inside that store for almost 3 hours?!” he exclaimed. 

“Sort of. “ I replied.

“Yah. You should have told me you were hungry. What do you want to eat?! Aish.”

This is one of the things I love about Sungmin-hyung. He really cares about the others, well, especially me. We’ve been roommates for almost 3 years so I can say that we treat each other as biological brothers. We fight some times. Some of them were because of me. I’m stubborn and I like teasing him, that’s why. There are times when I wonder how he could take being my roommate. I guess he’s gotten used of my attitude.

“KYU!”

“Hm?”

“I said what do you want to eat.”

“Ahm, just ice cream hyung. Your treat.” I smiled.

“Fine.”

We went to the ice cream parlor nearby and lined up at the counter.

“Good afternoon sir! What would you like?”

“Hmm. I’ll have one cookies n’ cream.” Hyung said while looking at the menu board. “Kyu?”

“I…ahm…strawberry delight please.”

Yeah, I love strawberry. Because it’s pink. Because SHE likes pink.

~flashback~

“What flavor do you want, Yoong?” I asked the girl beside me.

“Strawberry, of course.” She replied.

“AGAIN?!”

“Because it’s pink. That’s why I like that flavor.”

“Yah. Whatever.”

“Kyunnie, you should start liking pink too.” Yoong smile. Her dimples are showing up.

“You wish.” I stuck my tongue out at her.

~end~

“Kyu?” Sungmin-hyung popped his face in front of me. 

“Hyung! You scared me!”

“Scared you? It’s you who spaced out. You do it more often since we came back here.” He pouted.

“I’m sorry. Ahm, hyung. Do you have anything to do after our stroll? Can you come with me? I’m going somewhere.”, I asked him.

“Woah. Wait a minute! You’. It’re being nicer huh. It’s creepy.” He replied.

“Forget it. Just come with me. Whether you like or not, you’ll come. I’ll be looking for HER.”

“HER?! Your childhood friend? Or should I say your childhood sweetheart?” he teased.

“Yes. HER.”

“Ooh! Of course I’ll come with you! I want to meet my baby’s future wife!”

“Stop teasing me hyung.”

“I can’t help it. you
‘re blushing whenever we talk about her.” He chuckled.

“Really? Aish. Don’t mind me.”

~~


We were on our way to the car. There are many people walking all over the mall. I can’t concentrate on my ice cream. I can feel it melting in my hands.
We were nearly at the exit when all of the sudden, I bumped into a girl who was in a hurry. What’s worst is that I accidentally dumped my ice cream on her blouse.

“Uh-oh.” I told myself.


Yoona’s POV♥♥


While half-running on my way to the food court to meet Sica, I suddenly bumped into someone. And what’s worst? This guy dumped his ice cream on my blouse! Talk about being lucky.

“Uh-oh.” He muttered.

“NO!!” I exclaimed.

I looked at the suspect and—

“YOU!?”

He was in shock. Well, he really should be. His expression was between being surprised and angry.

“You? You! The stupid girl!” he blurted out.

STUPID?! How dare he!

“ME?! Stupid!? It’s you who are stupid! Look at what you’ve done!”

“Are you blaming me? you were the one who’s at fault.” He reasoned out while still holding his ice cream. It was strawberry, my favorite. But…

“Yah! If you are not stupid enough, you wouldn’t eat that ice cream of yours in a crowded place like this!” I screamed.

Many looked at our direction. So what? It’s this guy’s fault anyway. 

But this mean guy seemed to be alarmed by the attention, and so is the cute guy beside him.

“If you had brains you would not go running on a place like this!” he hissed.

“You really are STUPID! This place is not just for recreation but for errands too. Put that in your empty mind!”

“Well, I’m not going to say sorry or apologize. You deserve that. We’re even now. I’ve had my revenge.” He smiled evilly.

So this is what it’s all about? REVENGE?!

“Why, you—”

I think I’d explode if I don’t do this.

I took his ice cream from him and dumped it in his head. I had to tiptoe to reach his head but it’s worth it.

His eyes grew wider. I’m so happy I can’t help but smile.

“Well then, enjoy your ice cream.” I said and I walked away from them.

“AISH! STUPID EVIL GIRL!” he yelled at me. I didn’t bother to look back. I’ve already taught him a GOOD lesson.