Chapter 13-- Pinky Swear

My Memory: The One I Love

 

Yoona’s POV

I sat by the counter inside the flower shop and began arranging the flowers.
I looked out of our store and noticed that the street is strangely busy. Girls with excited faces are giggling on the sidewalk.

Suddenly, the door swung open.

“Good morning! Welcome to—”I went blank after seeing the guy’s face. 

Cho Kyuhyun.

For the first time, I saw him smile radiantly. He’s wearing a white shirt, khaki shorts, white snickers and a bonnet.

He looks so simple, yet appealing. No wonder the girls outside are looking at us.

“Why are you here? Do you want our shop to be destroyed by your fans?” 

“No one knew I’m Super Junior’s Evil Magnae, Cho Kyuhyun. They thought I’m just a very handsome guy who entered this shop.” He chuckled. 

Really, he’s giving me the creeps. He’s far too different from the Kyuhyun I met. 

“You’re too full of yourself, huh?” I smirked.

He looked at me from head to foot, his face full of disbelief.

“Yah! Why aren’t you ready? We’re supposed to go on a date!”

I looked at myself. “Can’t I go on a date like this?”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and shook his head. “No. Of course you can’t.”

Aish, this guy’s HOPELESS. Does he want me to look like a runway model? Or an idol like him?

“Whatever. Can you lock the door please?” I pointed at the door.

“You’re going to change HERE?!” he asked alarmingly. His face was a slight shade of pink and his eyes grew wider.

“YOU’RE REALLY STUUUUPID! Lock the door so that we could close this shop. What were you thinking?”

He muttered inaudible words as he walked to the door. I just shook my head in disbelief.

Kyuhyun’s POV

What was I thinking? I really thought she would…Aish! Nevermind!
I changed the store sign from OPEN to CLOSE. I saw the girls outside sighed in disappointment. Wow, my charisma is overflowing.

“Follow me!”

I looked at her direction and followed her. We went through the backdoor. Just steps away from their shop, an elegant house is visible. She motioned me to enter. After I got inside, she closed the door and I heard a soft click, which means she locked it.

The house is big. And it has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

“You live here with your parents?” I asked. 

“Nope. I live here with my aunt.” She replied while switching the television on.

“Where are your parents?”

“I don’t know.” 

There was an uncomfortable silence. I guess I should stop asking questions. Maybe she doesn’t want to talk about her parents.

“You can watch the television. I’ll just go and change upstairs.” She turned at me and smiled.

I nodded and she skipped up the white marble stairs. Moments later, she’s out of sight.
I looked around the house. The t.v show was boring. What caught my attention were the pictures over their counter.
I noticed that these were all Evil Girl’s pictures. She’s wearing either a medal or holding a trophy in every picture. 
On the farthest side of the counter, I saw a picture labeled: Yoona, Junior High. Evil Girl’s face is very similar to Yoong’s here. Except for the hairstyle.

“YAH!”

I jumped back when she suddenly appeared beside me.

“Honestly, you’ll give me a heart attack!” I rolled my eyes.

“Let’s go?” she smiled, her dimples were visible and her pearly white teeth flashed.

I looked at her from head to foot. She’s wearing denim pants, yellow sleeveless blouse and cream-colored flat shoes.

“Yeah. Come on.”

Yoona’s POV

“Where are we going?” I asked Kyuhyun, who had been quiet while driving.

“I don’t really know. How about you? Where do you want to go?”

“You said you have to tell me something very important. Just tell it to me, now.”

“You want me to tell it now? As in N-O-W?” he asked, partly teasing.

“Of course. This is the reason why you and I are ‘going out’, right?” I smirked.

He stopped the car by the park and sighed heavily. 

“Im Yoona, you have to help us.”

I looked at him.

“What?” I wasn’t sure if I heard it right. I think it sounded like: ‘You have to help us.’

“I mean, you have to help us, all thirteen of us especially Siwon-hyung.”

I don’t get it. Why would I help them? 

“Sorry, Kyuhyun. I don’t understand.” 

Kyuhyun looked at me in the eyes. 

“Have you read the newspaper yesterday?” he asked me, one brow raised.

“Nope.” I tried to sound as politely as possible.

“Well, for your information, you were the headline of yesterday’s issue, along with Siwon-hyung.” He said in a you-should-know-it tone.

“WHAT?! Wait! HOW—”

“The two of you were caught dating.” He added.

“DATING?! WE NEVER—”

“I don’t care if you’re dating or not. The point I you have to help us to settle this issue. Because you, and Siwon-hyung, owe me bigtime.” He emphasized his last words and rolled his eyes.

I fell silent. For a moment, I was lost for words.

“And, try reading today’s issue.” He sighed and shook his head.

“Oppa has a girlfriend, right? That girl named Tiffany.” I can hear my voice fade. Did they break up because of me?

“Yes.”

“Should I go and apologize to her?” I know that sounds stupid but if it’s the only way to settle this then it’s alright.

“You think you could just go to noona and apologize? Are you really stupid? Don’t you have any clue who are we dealing with? She’s Tifanny Hwang. Mi Young Hwang to be exact. She’s an actress and the daughter SME’s co-owner. You don’t want her to be your enemy.” 

“Then what should we do?” I was desperate for a solution. I never wanted to ruin a relationship. 

“We have that problem settled. But you have to participate in order for our plan to succeed.” 

I looked at him. He was staring at his car keys that he was playing with his fingers. Then he looked at me straight in the eyes.

“To save hyung, I had to lie. That I was the one in the paper and that you are my girlfriend.” 

Kyuhyun’s POV

“WHAT?!” 

Her voice must have made my eardrums explode.

Really, this girl can kill me with anything she does. 

“You have to cooperate. Or else, we’re dead.” I said, rubbing my poor ears.

She went silent. I think she’s calculating the situation carefully. 

“You know, honestly, if you don’t cooperate, it’s definitely okay with us. Noona could not be angry with us for so long. It’s you we’re worried about.” 

I have to threaten her to get her to go with our plan. Hopefully, this will work.

She looked at me, then sighed.

“Okay, I get it. Aish! Of all the people, why does it have to be you?” she murmured and shook her head.

“Yah! What do you mean by that?!” I asked.

“Nothing. Take me home please.” She sighed and looked outside.

“Fine, but you have to promise first.” I won’t let her get away with this easily. I was the one who really needed her help, so I have to make her swear.

She looked at me and raised her brow. “Promise? What?”

“That you’ll pretend to be my girlfriend until I say it’s over.” 

“You’re too childish!” she annoyingly said.

“Promise me! NOW!”

“Okay, I promise I’d be your girlfriend until you say our deal’s over.” She rolled her eyes and turned back at the scenery outside.

“You forgot one thing. Pinky swear.” I smiled and held out my pinky.

“Pinky swear.” She said as we linked our fingers together.

I felt relief. I’m saved.

“And, about today’s issue of the daily circulation, you made it again in the headline. But this time, you’re with me.” I smirked before starting the engine.