I'd Just Like to hear her Voice

My Memory: The One I Love

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

“Kyuhyun! Dinner’s ready!”

 

I heard Wookie  call out from the kitchen.

 

I’ve been staring at Yoona’s number in my mobile phone for quite some time now. Part of me wants to call and check on her. I would really love to hear her voice now. I somewhat miss it. Part of me says I should just mind my own business. Which will I follow?

 

“Call her after you have you dinner.” Sungmin-hyung said.

 

He’s standing by the doorway, his arms folded against his chest.

 

“Her? Who?” I hid my phone under my bed covers and stood up.

 

“You may lie to all of your hyungs except me. Of course you want to call Yoona. But you’re shy because you don’t know what to answer when she asks you why did you call. Of course you can’t tell her you’re worried or you just want to hear her voice because you don’t want to give her any idea that you’re beginning to like her. Right? Right?” he said in an I-know-it-all tone.

 

“Whatever. Let’s go get some dinner.” I pushed him out of the room.

 

 

We joined the other members in the dining table.

 

“We have our schedules starting tomorrow up to the day after the day after tomorrow. Get it?” Teukie-hyung said before taking a bite from his eggroll.

 

Everyone nodded and commenced eating. As usual, having meals isn’t exactly a quiet affair. EVERYONE is talking.

 

“So, Kyu. How’s your date with Yoona?” Yesung-hyung, who was sitting beside me, asked.

 

I felt my face warm up. I looked down on my rice, trying to hide my face as I talk.

 

“It went well.” I curtly replied. Why would hyung ask about that topic during dinner?

 

I looked at Sungmin-hyung with pleading eyes.

 

“Hyung, did you meet Moon today?” he asked Yesung-hyung, probably trying to change topic.

 

The older blushed lightly. “We went out actually. And she said we could meet more often when her filming is finished.”

 

Sungmin-hyung then grabbed the opportunity to bombard Yesung-hyung with questions.

 

And that saved me from “Date with Yoona” topic. Thanks a lot to Sungmin-hyung.

 

 

After dinner, I went back to my room and looked for my phone under the covers where I left it a while ago. Lucky it was Sungmin-hyung’s turn to wash the dishes. I could have my own little space for a while.

 

I searched for Yoona’s number. I’ll call her. That’s final.

 

RING.RING.

 

“Hello?” a woman’s voice from the other line answered.

 

Gosh. I didn’t know she had a lovely voice.

 

“Hello Yoona! This is Kyuhyun.”

 

“Oh.Hi! Why did you call?”

 

“Just making sure if you got home safe. You didn’t text me.” I made up a lame excuse but I hope she’d buy it.

 

“Oh! I’m so sorry about that! It slipped my mind. I got home about an hour ago.” She replied.

 

“I see. That’s good then.”

 

Silence.

 

Think of a topic Kyuhyun! Make your great mind work!

 

“Well, we have our schedules starting tomorrow up to the day after that. So we can’t meet during those days.”  I told her. Aish. I really at conversations with girls.

 

“Really? Take care then. Sleep when you have time. Your fans will not like it if your skin dries up and you have big circles around your eyes.”

 

I smiled widely. She’s worried about me? I think I heard her words right. ‘Take care’. Wow. Lucky Yoona isn’t in front of me. Or else she’d laugh really loud when she sees how funny I look when I heard her say those words.

 

I chuckled. “Sure. Take care of yourself too. Don’t do anything stupid.”

 

She giggled lightly. “Yes sir! I won’t.”

 

Another silent moment.

 

Aish. This is one GREAT thing about me: I can think of one thousand and one reasons on how to piss off my hyungs but when starting a conversation with girls, my mind isn’t functioning that well.

 

“Is your aunt home?” I randomly asked.

 

“Auntie? Nope. She’s out of town. Why?”

 

“Yah! That means your alone in your house?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“You should take extra care. Robbers are more active at night.”

 

 She laughed at my statement.

 

“Why are you laughing Miss Im?” I asked.

 

“You talk like you’re a police, Mr. Cho.” She giggled. Ah~ Music to my ears.

 

“No, I’m not. Just reminding you.”

 

“Understood. I know how to lock the doors you know.” she said.

 

“Good. At least I don’t have to worry.”

 

Wait. Why would I worry about her?!

 

“You don’t have to worry.” She reassuringly said.

 

“Okay. So, good night?” Honestly, I don’t want to end our conversation yet but, I’m pretty sure she isn’t enjoying my call. I’m lame when it comes to girls. Aish. Cruel world.

 

“Yeah. Good night. Sleep tight Kyuhyun.”

 

“Good night Yoona. Don’t let the bedbugs bite.” I chuckled. I heard a soft giggle from the other line before she hung up.

 

Sleep tight Kyuhyun’

 

With those words ringing inside my head, I’d surely sleep well and tight.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

He called to make sure I got home safe.

 

I still can’t believe it!

 

I humped to my bed and hugged the pillow while giggling. If he could see me at my state now, I’m really sure he’d die laughing.

 

WAIT. I’m being like this because he called? What’s happening to me?!

 

I should not be like this. I should not fall for him. Our relationship, it’s not real. It will never be for real. He’s someone I can’t reach. He’s a star I only have to like, not love. I could only look at him, I could never touch him. I should not let myself fall in love with him. I’d only get hurt.

 

I got up and took a picture from my drawer.

 

Kyunnie’s picture.

 

He looks cute here. I wonder what he looks like now. I bet he’s handsome.

 

I smiled and put the picture under my mattress.

 

Can I dream of you tonight, Kyunnie? Just tonight? Please?