Chapter 23- The Truth HURTS like HELL

My Memory: The One I Love

 

A/N: SiFany overload!Please bear with me. This is really part of the story ^^) And… this is sort of short.. and dramatic..My emotional side is getting active.keke~

 

 

Siwon’s POV

 

What I just witnessed was way beyond what I had expected.

 

Yoona is Yoong.

 

She is Kyuhyun's long lost friend.

 

The girl who made Kyuhyun fall in love with her at such a young age.

 

And Kyuhyun said he loves her.

 

And she likes him.

 

They are destined to each other.

 

I was destined to get hurt this way.

 

I’m pathetic.

 

I walked to the room I share with Heechul-hyung and Kyuhyun. I was lucky enough not to find those two evil guys in the room. I sat by the bed and covered my face with my palm.

 

I wanted to be happy for them.

 

To be happy for Kyuhyun.

 

But I simply can’t.

 

I know it wasn’t Kyuhyun's fault that Yoona's the girl he’s been looking for.

 

But I can’t accept the fact that I have been cheated.

 

Cheated by fate.

 

Life really is unfair.

 

Love is a game.

 

And, though it hurts to admit it…

 

I lost.

 

Then I heard the door open, then closed.

 

I looked up and saw Tiffany standing by the door. Her hands were behind her and she has this faint smile on her face.

 

“Are you okay oppa?” she asked.

 

“Yes. I’m just tired.” I murmured.

 

“You didn’t come down for dinner. Should I bring you food here?”

 

“No. Thanks.”

 

“It’s because of Yoona and Kyuhyun, right?”

 

I was shocked when I heard was she just said. I looked at her. Her expression was blank. That smile she had on her face a while ago was gone.

 

“No. Why would I bother about those two?” I lied.

 

“I know you too well oppa. You can’t lie to me.”

 

“You got it all wrong, Fany-ah. I don—”

 

“Why do you keep on lying to me?” she asked. Her eyes were reddening and I know any moment tears would come flowing down her eyes.

 

“I know everything. You don’t have to lie. I already know it all.”

 

“Fany-ah.”

 

“You lied to me from the start. Don’t try to make me look like a complete idiot Choi Siwon.”

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I bit my lip as tried to hold back the tears that wanted to gush out of my eyes.

 

I can’t cry. I can’t put my self lower anymore.

 

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

 

You don’t know how to lie, Siwon.

 

“Yoona and Kyuhyun. They are not really in a relationship, are they? They are just pretending to save you. You were lying to me since day one. How could you?”

 

I looked at him straight in the eyes.

 

This is hurting me like hell.

 

You’re looking at me as if you really are not guilty.

 

“I heard you last night. You confessed to Yoona. You told her you like her. You told her that you and I in a relationship is nothing but a play. We were not true from the start, that you were just forced into this.”

 

I can’t take this anymore.

 

The tears came flowing. They kept on flowing it was hard to tell when they will stop.

 

I completely understood what I heard last night.

 

Flashback~

 

We all stood up and proceeded to our rooms as soon as Taeyeon-unni called it a night. I turned around to Siwon's direction, but I found him following Yoona.

 

My heart thumped faster as I walked to their direction as unnoticeable as possible.

 

“Yoona-ssi?” I heard him call her.

 

Yoona looked back, surprised. My brows furrowed as Siwon walked to her direction.

 

“Yes oppa?” she smiled.

 

“Can we talk outside?”

 

Yoona remained motionless for a while, and then she nodded. Siwon led the way to the garden. My curious self told me to follow them so I walked lightly, following them.

 

When they were outside, it was Yoona who broke the silence.

 

“What are we going to talk about, oppa?” she asked.

 

Siwon looked at her straight in the eyes.

 

“I like you Yoona.”

 

I felt like being stabbed repeatedly on the chest.

 

My heart felt like breaking.

 

It really is breaking.

 

My tears gushed down like rain. I covered my mouth with my hands to keep silent. I turned my back at them, and listened to their conversation instead of watching them.

 

“O-oppa?” Yoona's voice sounded like she was shocked from what Siwon said.

 

“I said I like you. A lot. I like you more than just a friend.”

 

Everytime Siwon talks, I felt like I was being hit by something hard in the head. I bit my lip hard and covered my ears.

 

Enough.

 

This is enough.

 

“Oppa. You already have a girlfriend. You have Tiffany-unni.” Yoona said gently.

 

Right.

 

You already have me Siwon.

 

Why are you being like this?

 

“I told you the thing between me and Tiffany is nothing serious. I was just forced in my relationship with her.” He said in a desperate tone.

 

Yes. It was all a lie.

 

Me and Siwon. He doesn’t really love me.

 

I just forced him.

 

So he can look and like at any girl he prefers.

 

I don’t have the right to get hurt.

 

I never had the right to get hurt.

 

I walked away from the two.

 

My heart is breaking into a million tiny pieces.

 

The one I loved the most…

 

He broke it unconsciously.

 

End~

 

“Fany-ah… Let me explain.” He held my shoulder but I moved away from his touch.

 

“What will you explain? It’s all true. I just forced you. I was the only one who believed that the thing between us is real. I was the only one who loved you. You…you never did…you never even gave me the slightest bit of love I wanted from you…” I wailed. I mentally scolded myself for being such a crybaby. The others might have heard us.

 

But I can’t help it.

 

I’ll go crazy if I can’t tell everything I want to tell Siwon now.

 

“Tiffany…I’m so sorry.” He said.

 

Sorry.

 

If everything could be fixed with sorry, it’d be fine.

 

But sorry can’t mend a broken heart.

 

It can’t.

 

It never can.

 

“That’s all? Sorry?” I laughed sarcastically. “You just made me pity myself more, Choi Siwon.”

 

 

Siwon's POV

 

 

Choi Siwon.

 

Tiffany never called me that way before.

 

It was always oppa.

 

Siwon-oppa.

 

Oppa.

 

Siwon –oppa was way better than…

 

Choi Siwon.

 

I’m not used to that term.

 

I’m not used to her calling me that.

 

She heard us last night.

 

She heard everything.

 

I can’t do anything to stop her from being hurt.

 

“I was always there when you needed me, and even if you don’t, I was still there… I was just beside you… I never left… I loved you selflessly. I loved you with everything I have just to make you love me too. I… I never looked at anyone else aside from you… Though you only gave me the tiniest bit of your attention, I’ve been happy… I’ve been contented because at least I could have you. But why do you have to do this to me? Why… do you have to hurt me like this? Do you really hate me this much that you needed to do this? What have I done wrong? What did I do? Tell me!”

 

Looking at the crying girl in front of me, I feel awful. I know she’s like this because of me. Because of stupid me.

 

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Fany-ah. It’s me… It’s all my fault.”

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Fany-ah. It’s me… It’s all my fault.

 

I shook my head as I held my mouth to stop any unnecessary sound that may come out of it.

 

“It wasn’t your fault. It’s mine. I wasn’t enough for you. I’m still lacking. I should never have forced you in this relationship in the first place. I was stupid. I’m sorry.” I turned around and walked quickly to the door.

 

I held that knob at my hand and stepped out of the room.

 

I stopped at my tracks before closing the door. I held my breath as I gathered all my remaining courage.

 

I turned around and faced him. I put up a smile good enough to conceal my breaking heart.

 

If I can ask this question, and if he gives me a response enough to at least make me feel a little bit better, I can be okay.

 

“Can I ask you one question?” I looked at him straight in the eyes. I didn’t even bother waiting for his response. I’m going to ask him anyway.

 

“By any chance, am I as special as Yoona to you?”

 

He remained quiet. I bit my lip hard I could feel that any moment blood will draw out from it.

 

Answer me.

 

Please.

 

Siwon's POV

 

“By any chance, am I as special as Yoona to you?”

 

I stood there nailed on my spot as I looked into her eyes. Words never came out of my mouth.

 

I can see pain in her eyes.

 

Pain. Longing. Misery. Melancholy.

 

The smile and sunshine I used to see in her eyes were not present.

 

And it was all because of me.

 

“By any chance, am I as special as Yoona to you?”

 

Is she? I know she is. But why can’t I tell her?

 

“You don’t have to answer. Silence means no this time. I get it.”  and she laughed sarcastically. “Aish. Why did I ask you in the first place? I was so stupid. Sorry about that.”

 

She laughed.

 

But tears came rolling down her eyes.

 

She’s smiling yet her eyes betrayed her.

 

“Why can’t you love me?” she whispered softly.

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

“Why can’t you love me?” I whispered to myself.

 

Despite everything, in the end, I am still pathetic.

 

I longed for his attention, but I never got it.

 

I failed.

 

I wanted him to look at me as a lady and not just as a little sister.

 

I failed.

 

I wanted him to love me, to care for me.

 

I failed.

 

The truth hurts like hell, but I must accept it.

 

Siwon was never mine in the first place, and he will never be.

 

“Let’s break up. No. Let’s stop pretending we are sweethearts. Let’s stop this. You’re free. Thanks for everything.” I bowed down and when I stood straight again, I met his eyes.

 

This’ll be the last time I’ll be looking in you’re eyes, oppa.

 

I promise you’ll never see me again, or even hear my voice.

 

It will just be as if I never existed.

 

I’ll try my hardest to stop loving you.

 

It’ll hurt, yes. But I’ll be okay.

 

I don’t know when but I’m sure I’ll be.

 

You made me happy with your company.

 

Thank you.

 

Thank you very much.

 

Goodbye.