Chapter 18--I Don't LIKE her

My Memory: The One I Love

 

Leeteuk’s POV

“And where do you think you are going young man?” 

Kyuhyun stopped at his tracks after hearing my voice. He turned his head slowly at my direction, a shy smile drawing on his face.

“Good morning hyung.” He said as he scratched his nape.

“Answer my question before I call your mom.” I threatened him.

I looked at the landing on the second floor. Sungmin was standing there with a worried face while looking at our direction.

“Lee Sungmin, come down this instant!” I looked at Sungmin furiously. Kyuhyun pouted while watching Sungmin take the stairs to our direction.

“I’m asking you again Cho Kyuhyun, where have you been?”

Kyuhyun looked at me with his puppy eyes before speaking. “I went out hyung. Sorry.”

Sungmin looked at me apologetically. “Sorry hyung.”

Heechul and Kangin then came to the living room, each carrying mugs filled with coffee.

“So, Mr. Magnae’s home? Why so early?” Kangin glared at Kyuhyun.

“Youngsters. You never know what creeps in their minds.” Heechul said while walking to the sofa.

“Where were you last night?” I asked Kyuhyun, again.

“I went at Yoona’s.” he answered before biting his lower lip.

Kangin’s eyes grew wider as he stood in front of Kyuhyun.

“You were at Yoona’s?!” 

That statement was like a cue to all the other members. At once, the living room was jam-packed with other members who wanted to know the magnae’s explanation.

“Neh.”

Yesung, Donghae and Heechul then started laughing like crazy. Kangin was still dumbstruck by Kyuhyun’s words.

“What did you do there?!” I asked quite hysterically.

“Well, something happened so I had to stay there for the night. You won’t nag me about it, would you hyung?” 

“Something happened?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN CHO KYUHYUN!!!!” I shrieked. 

I don’t want to think what I am thinking but… What if something did happen? This guy’s parents will literally kill me.

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Something happened? WHAT DO YOU MEAN CHO KYUHYUN!!!!”

Teukie-hyung’s face went pink, his eyes were teary. 

‘What did I do?’

“Hyung… I’m sorry, okay? Don’t shout.” I put my hands in my pockets and looked down.

“Did you…and Yoona…did…you…you know…” hyung was stammering. I looked up and found all 12 pairs of eyes waiting for my answer.

“YAH! What are you thinking! HYUNG! DON’T THINK THAT WAY!” I shook my head violently. I could feel my face getting warm.

“IF YOU DON’T WANT ME TO THINK THAT WAY, TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED!” Hyung was angry now, and that made Kangin-hyung give me a deadly glare.

“Yah. Do you want a blow-by-blow account hyung?” Heechul-hyung sneered.

“That’s invasion of magnae’s privacy.” Yesung-hyung chuckled.

“Both of you, SHUT UP.” At once, the two pursed their mouth.

I inhaled, and looked at Teukie-hyung straight in the eyes.

“Hyung, Yoona got sick and I have to take care of her because she has no one with her. What you’re all thinking,” I eyed all of them evilly, “isn’t true. Get it?”

Hyung exhaled and looked relieved. Then he smiled at me, “Good. But you sneaked out, which means you earn a punishment.”

“Come on hyung. How could you give him a punishment when he just helped someone?” Donghae-hyung whined.

“Agree. Though he sneaked out, he didn’t do something stupid.” Hankyung-hyung smiled at me and put his arm over my shoulders. “And besides, Kyu looks so tired.”

“Okay. Let’s vote for it. Who says we give Kyu punishment?” Heechul-hyung said, asking those who agree to raise their hands.

All 10 went into the air. Only Kangin-hyung who was sipping his coffee didn’t vote.

“I’ll abstain.” He said, and looked apologetically at Teukie-hyung.


Teukie-hyung thought about this, and turned back at us.

“Okay. Kyu, prepare for our schedule today. You can rest in the car. So hurry up or else we’ll all be late.”

I smiled, I know he can’t stay mad at me for long.

~~
“Hyung, can I g out for a while?” I asked Teukie-hyung once we arrived at the dorm after the schedule.

He looked at me suspiciously, his eyes narrowing. “Where are you going?”

“At Yoona’s. She’s not yet well when I left her this morning, and I promised I’ll be back by lunch. She’s probably waiting for me now.” I said, biting my lower lip and looking down. I feel shy telling this stuff at Teukie-hyung, but on the contrary, I know I should be comfortable since I know he could understand me when it comes to THIS matter.

“You haven’t taken any rest, Kyu. Don’t force yourself if you’re really tired. I’m sure Yoona will understand if you tell her you can’t come.” Hyung said, his eyes full of worry.

“I’m not tired hyung.” I lied, but the truth is I would really want to lay down on my bed and sleep.

“Really? You’re eyelids look like they’re about to fall. Are they lying?” he raised his brow.

“Hyung…please…” 

“Kyu…”

“Please…”

“Oh! Okay!” he rolled his eyes and turned his back at me.

“Thanks hyung!” I hugged him and I heard him laugh.

“Youngsters… When they fall, it’s hard to put a stop to them.” He murmured.

~~
I rang the doorbell at Yoona’s house. No one answered.

‘What happened to her? Is she sick again?’

Again, I jumped over their gate and ran to the door. 

It’s locked.

“Yoona! It’s Kyuhyun! Open the door!”

No answer. My heartbeat fastened. Again, bad things came popping into my mind. I reached for my phone and dialed her number.

It rang for at almost a minute when finally, she picked it up.

“Hello? Yoona?” I felt my heart beat violently against my chest.

“Kyuhyun? Why did you call?” she asked calmly. The noise in the background tells me she is not in her room.

“WHERE ARE YOU?! I’m right in front of your house! Open the door!”

“How can I do that? I’m not home.” She said.

My brows furrowed. “You’re not home? WHERE ARE YOU?!”

“I’m at the mall, buying some grocery.” She casually.

Right. I’m here in front of her house, looking like a complete idiot while shouting her name and pounding at the door and yet she isn’t home. I jumped over their gate and became so worried sick only to find out she was out to buy some grocery?!

“Stay where you are. Don’t move a muscle. I’m going there and kill you.” I said between my gritted teeth and shut the phone. 

I arrived at the shopping center after 10 minutes of supposed to be 20 minutes of driving. My fear of driving too fast faded away because of anger. No, anger is an underestimation of what I feel. I feel furious. I want to scream and kick.

I looked around the grocery section of the shopping center and found Yoona at the exit. She’s wearing her long sleeved yellow top and denim pants. She still looked pale, which added more to my anger.

I walked to her direction, ignoring the curious glances of people who might have recognized me.

3rd Person’s POV

Kyuhyun walked over to Yoona’s direction, his steps heavy. Yoona saw the approaching guy, and at once recognized that something is not right. 

Kyuhyun looks very angry.

“Hello Kyuhyu--” she was cut off by the deadly glare Kyuhyun threw her. She can’t look at him straight in the eyes. His glares look so hot and deadly.

Kyuhyun inhaled sharply, and then exhaled before speaking. “Why are you here? Give me a convincing explanation before I kill you.” He said between gritted teeth. His heart was still thumping violently against his chest, because of anger and frustration.

Anger because this girl forced her weak body to go out and buy groceries. Anger because this girl still looks so innocent though she knows she’s at fault. Frustration because this girl did not seem to notice that he was so worried about her the whole time she’s been sick. That this girl cannot appreciate the time to rest and relax he sacrificed just to stay by her side.

“I just went out to get some groceries.” She whispered.

Kyuhyun snatched the grocery bags Yoona was holding and walked to the exit. He was too angry to talk, so he chose to shut up.

Yoona was shocked by Kyuhyun’s sudden attitude. She knew it. Kyuhyun was angry because she went out to buy some groceries instead of taking a rest. Kyuhyun was angry because, again, she made him worry.

Yoona followed the boy to the parking lot. Kyuhyun opened the trunk of his car and stuffed the bags inside it. Yoona bit her lower lip and looked down on her shoes. She feels so guilty. She’s seen Kyuhyun become angry before, but today it was different. It’s far too different.

“Kyuhyun-ah” she opened to continue what she wanted to say, but chose to shut up when Kyuhyun looked at her, his eyes piercing into hers.

He just stood there, waiting for the girl to say something. Kyuhyun looked at her fiercely, wanting her to know that he is indeed very angry.

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun.” Was all that she said.

He laughed sarcastically at her. “Sorry? That’s all? Have you watched Boys Over Flowers? Do you know Gu Jun Pyo’s famous line? ‘If every mistake could be resolved by saying sorry, why do we need the police and the law?’ That statement, clearly applies on you Im Yoona.” He said, emphasizing each and every word.

He wanted to yell at her, to tell her harsh words just to make her realize he had been worrying about her all day. That she had been running in his mind all throughout his activities.

“I know. I don’t deserve to be forgiven instantly. You can nag at me if that will make you feel better, Kyuhyun.” She said.

Yoona wanted to cry. She’s not used to these glares given to her by Kyuhyun. She’s gotten used to his light and nice personality, to his sunny smiles and gentle eyes. The Kyuhyun in front of her makes her want to cry and beg for his forgiveness.

Kyuhyun smirked. This girl really is impossible. 

“Nag at you? Do you think that would just resolve things? Nagging?” he raised his voice. Yoona looked at him fiercely, like she’s returning back his glares at her a while ago.

“No, it wouldn’t! I know I’m wrong. I know I made you this mad. I can’t bear looking at you in that way. If you want to yell at me, do it! I won’t stop you or plant hard feeling for you for doing so. Just yell at me now! I can’t look at you like this. I feel so guilty, you know that? It’s just I want to hit myself for making you angry and not to talk to me. So please, please. Yell at me, do what you want. Just don’t be like this. Don’t look at me like that. I’m not used to it.” Yoona said, tears escaping her beautiful eyes.

Kyuhyun looked at the girl in front of him. She gave her the liberty to yell at her, so she’ll get what she asked for.

“AAAAH!” he screamed at the top of his lungs. “How could you do this to me? Do you know I chose to go to you instead of taking a rest after my schedules because I thought you’re waiting for me!? Do you know I got scolded by my hyungs for sneaking out last night because I wanted to know what happened to you? Do you know how worried I am when I found your door open last night? Do you know how worried I am when I didn’t hear any reply when I called to your house? Did you have any clue you are about to kill me of heart attack with what you are doing? Do you have any clue, huh?” he was panting after saying those words, like he ran a mile. Yoona was looking at him, her face with tear tracks and fresh tears.

“I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry Kyuhyun.” She whispered.

“You only think of yourself. You never thought of how worried I will get with what you are doing. You’re selfish, you know that? You never thought of how I would feel if you got hurt, if you got sick again. You are so irresponsible and insensitive. You worry me all the time. I don’t know if you do it purposely or what. I don’t have a single clue of what runs in your mind… And you don’t have a clue of how much I care for you…of how much you mean to me.” Kyuhyun battled his tears, wanting the girl to feel what he meant to say.

Yoona looked at Kyuhyun whose expression softened. 

‘He cares for her. She means something to him.’

“Kyuhyun-ssi…” her sight blurred and she lost her balance. Lucky Kyuhyun was fast enough to catch her.

She blinked twice, and found Kyuhyun’s face just inches away from hers. She could feel his breath. His face etched with worry.

“See? This is why I’m so angry at you. You’re forcing yourself though your body is still weak.” He said gently, and Yoona knew he wasn’t mad anymore.

“I’m fine. I just lost my balance. I can stand—” but her body betrayed her. She ran swiftly away from Kyuhyun and threw up. She felt her skin become cold as she touched her forehead and held at the wall for support. Her knees were wobbly, but she can’t let Kyuhyun see that she’s still sick. It’d make him mad again.

Kyuhyun felt guilty for yelling at Yoona a while ago. She’s still sick. He should have driven her home first before nagging at her.

He walked over at Yoona, who was leaning at the wall meters away from him. Her skin felt cold when he touched her, making him feel more guilty.

“Yoona? Are you okay? I’ll take you to the hospital.” He said in his most gentle voice, wanting the girl to feel that he’s not angry anymore. Yoona shook her head and held up her hand. 

“I’m fine. Really. You don’t have to take me to the hospital. That’d give you trouble.” She smiled faintly at him, her face pale and her lips were dry.

She’s right. There’d be scandal if he brings Yoona at the hospital. But that’s not what worries him now. It’s Yoona.

“I’ll take you home. Let’s go.” He held her hand and made her lean at him while walking. He made Yoona sit beside the driver’s seat, so he could take a look at her once in a while.

The drive was longer than it usually took. They were caught in a traffic jam, and Kyuhyun thought Yoona would throw up but soon he discovered she was asleep.

‘I was mad at you. But why did it faded so instantly just by looking at your eyes? What have you done to me, Yoona? You make me want to stop the world from turning when you smile. You’re driving me crazy with your antics. You are one of a kind.’

He stopped the car in front of Yoona’s house, but decided not to wake the girl. He just stared at her for a while, memorizing every detail of her beautiful face. She looks like an angel. She is HIS angel.

Yoona fidgeted and opened her eyes. She noticed Kyuhyun looking at her, his face serious though he was smiling.

“You look like a deer.” He said, smiling that smile Yoona missed.

She felt her face blush as she fixed her hair. “Don’t be a fox. Stop fooling me.”

Kyuhyun laughed. “I am Super Junior’s fox.”

Yoona puffed her cheeks, which made her look more beautiful and innocent in Kyuhyun’s eyes. He felt his heart jump as Yoona smiled at him. “Shall we go in?”

Kyuhyun called himself back to his senses and nodded. He took the grocery bags from his car’s trunk and followed Yoona to the house. He was about to enter when he heard his phone ring. He stopped at his tracks, and so did Yoona. He looked at his phone’s screen:

1 Incoming Call
Teukie-hyung


He pressed the answer botton and looked apologetically at Yoona, who smiled in return and entered the house.

“Hyung? What’s the problem?” he asked, though he silently prayed that his hyung wouldn’t ask him to go home yet.

“Oh, nothing. I just called to tell you the two of you looked like you just got married.” His hyung chuckled, and he heard some whining on the background.

“Tell him he looks like an idiot with his expression hyung.” Kyuhyun was certain it was his Yesung-hyung.

“Where are you hyung? Were you spying me?” he asked, looking around the place to see any thing suspicious.

“Idiot. We’re inside Shindong’s car. Don’t you recognize it?” it was his Heechul-hyung, and soon enough he spotted Ryeowook waving at him from a silver van probably 150 meters from where he is standing.

“Yah! Wook! He’s supposed to look for us! Don’t show your head! And don’t wave at him!” Kyuhyun heard his Kangin-hyung’s voice over the background.

“Too late. I already saw you. How can 12 persons fit inside that van?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“We’re not 12.We’re only six.” It was Kibum who answered. 

“Okay. I have to go hyung. Yoona’s waiting inside.” Kyuhyun said, and without anymore time wasted, he hung up and went inside the house. 

When he got inside, Yoona already changed her clothes and was sitting at the dining area, waiting for him.

“That was Teukie-oppa?” she asked.

“Yeah. They were playing as spies today.” Kyuhyun smiled as he put down the bags at the table.

“You can watch the TV. I’ll make lunch.” Yoona got up and started opening the bags and taking out the things she bought.

“You’ll cook? You’re still sick. I won’t let you.” Kyuhyun snatched the bag away from her and forced her to sit down.

“And who will cook our lunch? You?” she smiled, and Kyuhyun merely rolled his eyes.

“Of course not. I’ll call a restaurant for our lunch. Just sit back and relax.” He pulled Yoona to the living room with him and made her sit down by his side. He called the nearest restaurant within their vicinity and made Yoona choose what they would have for lunch.

“You ordered a lot. Are we expecting some guests?” he asked as soon as Yoona put down his phone.

“Nope. I ordered an extra since I feel like I’m too hungry.” She smiled cheekily.

“But you ordered three giant meals. How are we supposed to eat all of those?” he asked in disbelief.

“I eat quite a lot. Don’t worry.” She winked.

When the lunch arrived, Yoona hurriedly ran to the door as if she had not been sick. Kyuhyun just shook his head seeing how the girl’s mood suddenly changed.

“Kyuhyun-ah! Let’s eat!” Yoona called from the dining area. Kyuhyun walked over to the girl’s location and found her smiling delightfully, the food served neatly in front of her.

“You’re really hungry?” he said, looking over at the dishes served in front of him. Yoona merely nodded gleefully, and they commenced eating.

“Ah! Kyuhyun, I almost forgot. I sent you something this morning. It slipped my mind to tell you because you were angry. But I hope you would receive it when you get back to your dorm.” She smiled and took a bite on her eggrolls.

“You sent me something? What is it?” he asked.

“Aish. If I tell it to you, it would ruin the purpose of me sending it to you.” Yoona rolled her eyes.

“Is it a cookbook?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“No, but I actually I thought of sending you one too.” She giggled.

“Better not send me socks. I receive a lot from fans, which are really cute.” 

Yoona pouted her puffed her cheeks, earning her a guilty look from Kyuhyun.

“Sorry. I’ll stop being nosy.” The guy smiled and recommenced eating.

~~
It was already 3 o’clock when Kyuhyun decided to go home. Though he really would want to stay longer, Yoona told him he needed to get some long rest and that she’s already feeling better.

“Call me when you don’t feel okay, understand?” he said as he start his car’s engine.

“Yes sir. Call me when you receive the package, okay?” she smiled and waved at him.

“Yes ma’am. Go inside and lock the gate. Don’t forget to close the doors and lock it before you sleep.”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “You talk like an old police officer. Okay, I’ll do it. Take care in driving okay?” 

“Of course. So, bye!” Kyuhyun smiled, and with one final look at Yoona’s eyes, he drove back home.
~~
When Kyuhyun arrived at the dorm, he immediately asked his hyungs about the package Yoona said she sent him.

“Hae received it. He’s at our room.” His Teukie-hyung said.

“Thanks hyung!” and Kyuhyun sped to his hyungs’ room and found his Donghae-hyung lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

“Hyung? Is my package here?” he asked, and Donghae pointed at the small box beside the white drawer which belongs to Leeteuk.

“Thanks a lot.” Kyuhyun picked up the box and ran to his room. Sungmin wasn’t there, so he had the room all to himself. He opened the box carefully, and there inside, he found a navy green hoody. Like the one he wore in an SPAO ad. In fact, it exactly looks like that one he wore. 

Kyuhyun smiled to himself, then he found a little paper tucked inside the hoody’s pocket.

Thanks for taking care of me last night (:

~Yoona


He took his phone from his pocket and dialed Yoona’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hello Yoona! I received it.” he smiled, though he knew the girl can’t see his facial expression.

“Really? So, it did fit right? It should fit you ’cause you were wearing it in that poster in the store where I bought that jacket. Do you like it? I don’t know if you’d like the color but I thought you’d look good in anything you wear so I—”

“I love it. Thank you.”

Yoona smiled to herself.

‘He liked it. No. He said he LOVE it.’

“You’re welcome. That’s my token of appreciation. Thanks for taking care of me.” 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “You’re welcome. So, you’re okay now right?” 

“Yep. I feel good.”

Kyuhyun was lost for words. He wanted to talk to her longer, but it so happens that when he hears her voice his mind goes blank.

Then, he heard footsteps coming to his room.

“Kyuhyun-ssi?”

There it is, his name from her lips. It brings butterflies to his stomach.

“Yes?”

“Take care, okay? Take a long rest.” She said in her gentle voice.

Kyuhyun felt his heart jump. “Yeah. Sure.”

“So, good night.”

“Good night. Bye Yoona.” And he heard the other line beeped.

He took the hoody Yoona gave him and smiled. Realization hit his head with a bam.

‘I like her. I like Yoona. No. I don’t like her. I love her. Yes. I’m in love with that doe-eyed girl.’