Untimely Confession

My Memory: The One I Love

 

“Hyung! I’m going!” Sungmin called as he skipped to the door after grabbing his car keys.

 

“Okay! Take care!” Leeteuk called out from the kitchen.

 

“I will.” He smirked. He went in his car, stepped on the gas and sped away.

 

“Hyung! I’m going!” Kyuhyun skipped down to the kitchen to take a peep on his hyungs, who were busy solving a crossword puzzle.

 

“Where are you going?” Heechul asked.

 

“Out.” He replied curtly.

 

“Where is OUT, exactly?” Kangin raised a brow as he looked at the maknae who looked so in a hurry.

 

“To… to… Changmin’s… Right. He told me to drop by at their house so we could play.” He reasoned out.

 

“I’ll give you a ride then.” Eunhyuk got up from his seat and proceeded to the key hangers for his keys.

 

“NO! I mean… no need. I can drive well. I’ll go now!” Kyuhyun hurriedly ran out of the house, stepped on his gas and sped off to follow that particular car that left their dorm earlier.

 

Sungmin’s.

 

It drove to a curve, to the left, to the right, until it parked infront of a flower shop very familiar to Kyuhyun.

 

He saw his hyung got off the car and entered the premises. He waited patiently until after almost 15 minutes, he saw him go out of the shop, followed by a pretty girl Kyuhyun recognized so well as Yoona.

 

And what’s worse?

 

They are holding hands while they are laughing about something funny.

 

Kyuhyun's brows furrowed as he watched the two get on the car. Yoona looked so happy as she was smiling beautifully while entering his hyung’s car. Then Sungmin’s car roared to life and sped away. Kyuhyun stepped on his gas and followed forth.

 

The two got off a movie theater. By the time he saw his hyung, he was already wearing a bonnet and dark tainted glasses. Yoona, on the other hand, had her hair down and put on a cap. They again held hands as they entered the premises, and Kyuhyun followed.

 

He looked like a stalker, a paparazzi. But he couldn’t care less. It’s his friend he’s stalking anyway.

 

Friend.

 

Kyuhyun gulped as he realized what just hit his mind.

 

Friends don’t stalk each other’s dates.

 

So what is Yoona to him now?

 

He looked at the two’s linked hands, and felt the familiar feeling when he pushed Yoona away that night on their weekend trip.

 

Pain.

 

He wanted to hold those hands again, but the time and circumstances were too different now.

 

Friends don’t love each other right?

 

They could love each other but not LOVE as more than friends.

 

Right?

 

He looked again as the two entered the cinema.

 

Her smile. Her eyes.

 

Damn.

 

I love her.

 

How could hyung date my girl?

 

 

“Hyung! I’m back!” Sungmin called out as he entered the dorm. He only found Heechul and Hankyung playing Scrabble on the living room, while Ryeowook was scanning the channels of the television.

 

“Where’re the others?” he asked as he sat down beside his dongsaeng. The latter only shrugged, his eyes not even leaving the screen.

 

“Wook? Are you still mad?” Sungmin pouted as he tried to distract the younger man, but still remained unbothered.

 

“Wookie-ah!” he whined.

 

Ryeowook looked at him fiercely.

 

“What now?!”

 

“Why are you mad?”

 

“Ask yourself!”

 

“Why me?!”

 

“Because you’re the reason why I am mad right now!”

 

“Is this still about me dating Yoona?”

 

“YES!”

 

Sungmin sighed.

 

He haven’t told anyone except for his Yesung-hyung about his plan. He knew Heechul, Leeteuk, Kangin and Hankyung already knew it, but the others? He doubts it.

 

“Wookie-ah…”

 

Just as Ryeowook was about to talk back, he heard a phone ringing. He looked at Heechul, who reached for his phone and answered it.

 

“Hello? Oh. Hyung. Why? What? Kyuhyun?!”

 

Sungmin and Ryeowook looked at each other, then to Heechul.

 

“Aish. That child. Okay. I’ll tell Leeteuk. Bye.” He shot his phone down and stomped to the stairs.

 

“What was it hyung?” Ryeowook asked.

 

“Kyuhyun's manager called. He said Kyuhyun was so drunk he could not drive home. We should fetch him to wherever hell he may be or he will be tomorrow’s news.” Heechul rolled his eyes.

 

A few moments later, Leeteuk came down followed by Donghae and Siwon. Yesung was smiling as he came down.

 

“You better call Yoona. This will be great!”

 

“Bwo?”

 

“Just call the girl. Palli!” Yesung hit him lightly on the arm as he skipped to the door, following Leeteuk and Heechul who had been long gone to their respective cars.

 

Everything is going according to plan.

The maknae will be confessing tonight.

 

 

Kyuhyun could only see the blurry road ahead of him. The street lights looked like distant stars, and the wind was unbelievably warmer that night.

 

He walked straight ahead. His feet seemed to have minds of their own for they are walking for themselves, to someplace Kyuhyun doesn’t know where. He just kept walking, stumbling, and going out of balance. The alcohol was too intoxicating and he could feel that he would throw up any minute now. Still yet, his feet kept on walking. And walking. And walking.

 

The road he’s taking started getting familiar. He felt like he’s been here before.

 

He’s been here before.

 

Then he saw Sungmin went out from one of the houses in the vicinity, followed by a girl who looked too familiar to him. He continued walking, and walking. As he walked closer to the two, he realized that the girl was indeed the one he guessed she was.

 

Yoona.

 

The two looked at him, both of them shocked and worried. Though his vision is a bit blurry, he still managed to see the eyes of the girl he long wanted to look at.

 

They are indeed very beautiful.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah!” Sungmin ran to him as he again lost balance and almost fell on the concrete street. He felt his hyung’s strong arms catch him, but he still managed to find strength to push him away.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah! We’re so worried! Where have you gone? Huh?” Sungmin asked.

 

He looked at his hyung. No. he glared at him. He let out a chuckle as he eyed his hyung evilly.

 

“You were worried hyung? Really?” he asked as he laughed sarcastically. He looked at Yoona who was looking at him with her soft eyes.

 

“Of course I am! We’ve been looking for you!” Sungmin replied.

 

“You’ve been looking for me? Really? Then how come you’re here? You reported that I had gone missing to your GIRLFRIEND?” he scoffed.

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

Without thinking, Kyuhyun stepped closer to Sungmin and hit him hard in the face. Sungmin landed on the ground with a bleeding lip. He out because of Kyuhyun's blow. When he recovered, he could only look at his dongsaeng disbelievingly.

 

“What’s wrong with you?!” Sungmin yelled.

 

“What’s wrong with me?! You’re asking me?! Ask YOURSELF! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! You know how much I love Yoona. you know how much I wanted to have her. you know that hyung. Of all of my hyungs, you should be the one to know that in the first place. But how come you’re dating her? don’t you know you’re killing me with what you’re doing? Don’t you know that hyung? How could you be so insensitive? How could you?!” Kyuhyun knelt down on the hard concrete, tears flowing down his eyes as he sobbed and bawled like a kid. He knew he looked funny and embarrassing, but he doesn’t mind. There is just too much pain to bear. Too much time wasted. Too much tears to shed.

 

“You know how much I love her, but still…you…you…” he blubbered.

 

Yoona just stood there, shocked to see the guy she knew to be hardheaded and stubborn weeping like a child whose lollipop was taken away by bullies. Like a child whose mom forgot to fetch him from kindergarten.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah…”

 

She wanted to go nearer, but the pain she sees from him simply held her back. it was the first time she had seen him break down like this.

 

“I love you Im Yoona. I have always had. Since the day I met you when we were kids, I knew you’re that special someone. I have always knew… it tore me apart when my family and I had to go to the states and leave you here… but I have always hoped that you…you would wait…you would wait for me… that love I felt since day 1, it never faded… not a bit… I’ve always been in love with you… I thought…I thought you felt the…the same way too… I thought that…you…love me…you love me too…but I was wrong… you… really are… stubborn.”

 

He looked into her with tearing eyes. Those eyes that could only tell one thing:

 

Pain.

 

He is not the tough, evil and stubborn and cold Cho Kyuhyun now.

 

Kyuhyun slowly got up and walked away from them. Sungmin was still on the ground while Yoona still stood there, looking at him.

 

Then he felt his knees wobble. And he felt the sting and pain somewhere in his arms and head. And darkness enveloped him.

 

-------------------------------------------

Seriously, I AM SOOOOOO SORRY FOR UPDATING THIS LATE! I'm so busy at school. SOOORRY! 

Thanks for staying with me till now. *bows 90 degrees* The final chapter will be out sooooon. Just hang in there, okay? Plus the sequel will be next. HOHO! :)

 

SARANGHAE! <3