Chapter 21--Too much questions

My Memory: The One I Love

Yoona's POV 

At night, the unnis and Sunny decided to go barhopping. It’s the first time I’ve done that, since I was immersed in my studies back then that I never had the chance to experience night life.

The bar we went in was jampacked with people when we got in there. As usual, Kyuhyun was by my side as we entered the establishment. He was cursing to himself as to how the bar was packed with people, how the place is not safe for ladies, that the two of us shouldn’t have come with the others here, how it would be nice if the two of us just stayed in the villa together and other stuff. I found it amusing though, thinking that he wasn’t used to this kind of place. I thought idols were used to crowds.

“Why are you smiling like that?” he asked. He was holding my hand as he gently pushed a guy who nearly bumped me.

“Nothing. It’s just funny that you’re cursing under your breath. Cute.” I giggled.

“You’re unique.” He shook his head as he led me to the table where the rest are.

The night went on. The unnis were having a great time. And so did I. When we finally decided to go back home, Taeyeon-unni started a game of truth and dare.

“Honey, we should be sleeping now.” Kangin-oppa whined. Unni, on the other hand, didn’t seem interested in the idea.

“You’re only off this weekend and you’d be sleeping? We should enjoy so all of us should play! Come on!” she sat in the middle of the living room and Yuri-unni gave her a bottle.

Kyuhyun looked at me apologetically. “Sorry. You should be sleeping by now.”

I shook my head and smiled. “It’s okay. Unni’s right by the way.”

I sat beside him on the floor as the others took their seats.

So there, all 19 of us sat on the floor, with bottles of soju and a glass at the middle of the circle we made. The empty bottle was at the middle too.

“Spin the bottle will be the game. Truth or Dare. When the bottle points at you, the one who spun it will choose who he or she would want to drink glass of soju. Then let’s proceed to the truth or dare part. Get it?” everyone nodded as unni explained the game.

“I’ll spin first.” Teukie-oppa said. 

And there. The game that was about to change my life started.

Siwon's POV

Teukie-hyung spun the bottle. And it stopped and pointed at the youngest person in the room, Sunny.

“Okay, Sunny can’t drink soju since she’s underage. Sungmin, drink this.” Hyung gave the glass to Sungmin-hyung who just shrugged before gulping down the glass’ contents.”

“Aw! So, Truth or Dare?” Yuri-noona asked.

“Truth.” Sunny replied confidently.

“Okay. So, do you like someone in this room? Who?”

Sunny didn’t hesitate in answering. “I really like Kyuhyun-oppa!” she replied.

Sungmin-hyung pouted after hearing Sunny’s words. Yes. He does like Sunny. I know Sunny likes him too, but those two are just too occupied by their own lives thye lack time to be with each other. 

I looked at Yoona, who seemed to be uncomfortable of the stares the other members are throwing her.

Does he like Kyu already? Why do I get this feeling that she’s jealous?

Kyuhyun put his arms around Yoona. The girl looked up, and he gave her a warm smile.

I glared at Kyuhyun's gesture. Their play seems like it’s too real to me now.

“Sunny only likes me as a big brother, dear.”

Dear? Since when did he start calling her like that?

Yoona smiled, which made me feel like she was assured that Kyuhyun is only hers.

“Aw. That was sweet.” Tiffany said. She looked at me and smiled beautifully. I smiled back, though it was only half-hearted.

“Yah! Oppa’s right unni.” Sunny smiled as she took the bottle and spun it once again.

It pointed at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun's POV


The freaking bottle pointed at me.

My hyungs guffawed as they look at my expression. Yoona elbowed me in the ribs. I looked at her and she pointed her lips at the others who were watching my expression.

“I’ll have oppa drink soju.” Sunny smiled cheekily, passing on the glass to me. I didn’t even mind drinking soju.

“Truth? Or Dare?” Sunny asked.

Truth? Or dare? Which will you choose Kyuhyun?

“Truth.”

“Okay then. Why do you like Yoona?” Heechul-hyung asked.

Why? I could give you an unlimited list of answers hyung.

“Well, Yoona is really different. I mean, she’s really unique. She’d rather eat in the streets with food carts than in a classy restaurant. She’s so stubborn and always wants to have things her ways. I think it’s part of her charm to make people worried. She’s also sweet and caring. She’s so hyper and always cheerful. When she smiles, she could radiate her happiness to others. She’s a great and extraordinary person.”

Slowly, smiles crept on all my hyungs’ faces. Yesung-hyung elbowed Sungmin-hyung, who smiled evilly. Donghae-hyung asked for a high five from Eunhyuk-hyung. It was then that I realized my stupid mouth, once again, said too much.

“That was sweet, magnae!” Taeyeon-noona commented. I smiled shyly and looked at Yoona who I thought was blushing. She looked shy after hearing those words. Probably because she though I was only kidding. That I only did that because of our deal.

Siwon's POV

I saw Yoona blush after hearing Kyuhyun's words.

How long have they been ‘really’ dating?

The smiles those two show each other, Kyuhyun's sweet gestures towards Yoona, Yoona's reactions towards Kyuhyun's actions, and their sweet words towards each other. It all meant one thing: they are in love with each other.

I felt a pang of pain hit my chest as I took in what I just realized. 

The girl I like is in love with my friend. Not just my friend, but to a person I treated as a real brother.

Loneliness ate me up that I didn’t realize the bottle was spinning again and this time, it pointed at me.

Kyuhyun smirked as he passed the glass to me. I am no drinker but I am sport enough to drink the wine.

“Truth or dare?” he asked.

“Dare.” I smirked back.

“Okay. You’re sleeping in the living room tonight, hyung.” The evil magnae chuckled.

“Yah! Why?” I barked.

“That’s a dare.” 

“No fair!”

“Fair enough.”

I saw Yoona elbow Kyuhyun in the ribs. The evil guy looked at her and gave a retreating look.

“Okay. Just dance the octopus dance.” He smirked. 

I swear I want to kill him.

It was then that the evil pair started cheering for me.

“Go horsie! Dance!” Kangin-hyung laughed.

“Yah! Go Siwon!” Taeyeon-noona giggled.

I stood up, and humiliated myself in front of everybody while dancing the famous octopus dance.

When I was done, I slumped back at my seat while the rest were laughing loudly at me.

“It was better if we asked Yesung-hyung to dance it.” Ryeowook said between his laughter.

“Shut up.” I glared at him. I took the bottle and spun it. 

And it pointed at Yoona

Her face blushed as she pouted her lips cutely.

She’s so beautiful.

I passed the glass at her but I was surprised when Kyuhyun took it from me.

“’I’ll take this hyung. She’s not allowed to have alcohol.” He said.

“Says who?” Tiffany asked.

“Says me.” and Kyuhyun gulped down the soju from the glass.

“Sweet!” Sunny giggled.

“Okay. Truth or dare?” Hyoyeon asked, still smiling.

“Truth?” she replied.

“Okay. What about you Yoona? What do you like about Kyuhyun?”

“Well, Kyuhyun is really not an ideal guy for a boyfriend when you first meet him. He has this strong aura that tells you: ‘I’m a genius so back off.’,” she laughed at her own words. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, smiled. “But as I get to know him deeper, I found out he’s really sweet and caring. He’s really protective and he always treats me as a princess. Though he loves games so much, he would find a way to be with me. He’d let go of his beloved PSP just to be with me. That’s why I like him.”

After she said those words, Kyuhyun's ears went pink as he bit his lip.

“I’m really sleepy noona. I think I should go to bed first.” I excused myself and began to stand up. I can’t stand what I’m seeing. It felt as if my chest would explode any minute now.

“Okay. We’ll stop the game here. It’s almost 2am. We should all go to bed.” Taeyeon-noona also stood up. And soon enough, everyone were on their feet as they piled up to their rooms.

My gaze followed Yoona as she walked to the ladies quarters. Slowly, I began following her.

It’s now or never Siwon.

“Yoona-ssi!” she looked back at me.

Her eyes were full of surprise when I looked at them. Lately, she had been avoiding me for reasons I don’t exactly know.

“Yes oppa?”

“Can we talk outside?”

She thought for a while, then she nodded. We went out to the garden, only the two of us. Lucky Kyuhyun didn’t notice his ‘girlfriend’ is out of his sight.

“What are we going to talk about, oppa?” she asked.

I looked at her directly in the eyes. “I like you, Yoona.”

Yoona's POV

“I like you, Yoona.” he said.

Shock crept onto my body as I realize that oppa just confessed to me.

“O-oppa?”

Maybe I was just hearing things. Maybe I was just imagining that this is indeed happening.

“I said I like you. A lot. I like you more than just as a friend.”

I didn’t know what to do. Things just happened too fast I wasn’t able to keep my pace.

“Oppa. You have a girlfriend. You have Tiffany-unni.” I said gently, careful not to hurt his feelings.

“I told you the thing between me and Tiffany is nothing serious. I was just forced in my relationship with her.” He reasoned out.

I felt every cell in my body shrink. I never wanted to be in this situation. Where a guy I only regarded as an oppa and friend, suddenly confesses to me that he likes me to the romantic degree. It’s really hard, especially that I already admitted to myself that I already like someone.

I like Kyuhyun.

I looked at oppa, and his eyes reflect the pain he feels inside.

“I know, you don’t like me to that level right? I’m just an oppa, right?” he said those words while not looking at me.

“Oppa…”

“It’s okay. I understand. You already like Kyuhyun right? That thing between the two of you, it’s not a play anymore. It’s real. I know it.” he mumbled, his eyes still away from me.

I can’t say anything. And I cursed myself for that. I was stupid, letting Siwon-oppa hurt himself like this without doing anything.

“It was only a lie, but it became true. I didn’t expect it.” he turned his back at me and started walking away.

I felt like cold water was poured all over my body.

“Oppa! I’m really sorry.” I murmured. He looked back at me and smiled.

No, it wasn’t a sincere smile.

A fake. A smile of pain.

“It’s okay. I understand. At least you know. At least I told you. That’s all I wanted to do. So, good night.” He walked away, until the darkness only made me company.

You are so dead Im Yoona!

I sat down on the grass and hit my head.

“Why are you doing that to yourself?”

I looked around, shocked when I saw Kyuhyun approaching me.

“You look like an idiot.” He chuckled as he sat by my side.

I glowered at him. He put his hands up in the air, as to surrender.

“Just kidding.” He smiled and lean his head over my shoulder.

“Kyuhyun-ah, do you have someone you like? As in, like in a romantic way?” I asked.

Kyuhyun's POV

“Kyuhyun-ah, do you have someone you like? As in, like in a romantic way?” she asked.

I removed my head from her shoulder and looked at her eyes. She looked serious and innocent.

“Why are you asking me like that?”

“Nothing. Just curios. So?” she smiled. 

“Ow.”

I thought for a while. Of course, I don’t have someone I LIKE. What I feel for that someone is somewhat deeper. Really deeper. 

I’m in love.

I’m in love with the girl I am with now.


“Like and love are two different terms, right? So, I don’t have someone that I LIKE. I have someone I LOVE.” I smiled back.

She nodded in agreement. “Of course. Love and like are not the same.”

“Curious about that girl’s name?” I asked.

She giggled. “Ah. No. I don’t think I’d want to know. I’ll give you privacy regarding that matter.”

I smirked. 

She’s really different.

If you only said yes, I’d tell you it’s you I love.

If only you said yes, I would have confessed.

If only.


Yoona's POV

I don’t think I’d want to know.

I don’t think I could bare it if I knew that the girl you love wasn’t me.

It’ll hurt like hell though I know I don’t have the right to be hurt.


I looked up and saw the stars in the night sky.

It has been a long time since I watched the night sky with somebody. Ten years ago, I was with Kyunnie. Now, I’m with Kyuhyun.

Kyunnie.

“We see the same stars, right Kyuhyun? Even if we don’t stand in the same place we look at the same stars, right?” I asked randomly, not taking my eyes off from the beauty before me.

I heard him chuckle before answering. “Of course.”

That’s right.

Somehow, though there are great masses of water and land between us, I know Kyunnie can see the stars I’m looking at now.

“Do you think someone you knew from the past could still remember you? Even though it’s been too long since you last saw each other?” I can feel my eyes being filled with tears.

Just mere thoughts of the past give me pain.

I think I’m going in sane.

“Yes, of course. Our memory isn’t placed in our brains. It’s found in our hearts. The people we met, the people who made us smile and made our lives worthwhile will always hold a special place in our hearts. Time isn’t a factor in forgetting. And so is distance.”

Our memory isn’t placed in our brains. It’s found in our hearts. The people we met, the people who made us smile and made our lives worthwhile will always hold a special place in our hearts. Time isn’t a factor in forgetting. And so is distance.

I want to believe him, but I can’t. 

I simply can’t.

Especially when I know it isn’t true.

“Really? Then how come promises made were just broken by time? Our hearts are supposed to keep the promises we made, those promises should be part of our memory, but why do we have to get hurt whenever those were not fulfilled?”

I can feel the tears escape my eyes. And soon enough, I could feel my face being cupped by Kyuhyun, making me look at him straight in the eyes. His other hand was around my waist.

“Promises? They are meant to be broken. If it wasn’t broken, it wasn’t a promise. Ironic right? But it’s true. But if we really believe in the person who made that promise, our faith in that person will be enough to make us hold on to his words. We will wait until that promise is fulfilled. Even though it may take time, if we have trust in the other, no promise will be broken.” 

He said those words gently, as if he wants me to believe in whatever he says.

Cho Kyuhyun.

“You’re really a genius.” I smiled.

“Of course, I am.” He said, not even taking his eyes off mine.

“Sorry. I am too sentimental.” I looked away.

There’s something in Kyuhyun's eyes that tells me that I should look away or else I’d fall for him even deeper. And I knew that if that happened, it would be hard for me to climb back and be normal again when this ‘play’ is over.

“I’m used to your weirdness. It seems normal to me now. I feel like if you’re normal, I would be bored.”

“I am normal.” I pouted.

“No, you’re not. You’re extraordinary.”

I looked back at him and found him still smiling at me it made me think he still hasn’t taken his eyes off my face yet.

His face moved closer and closer. He leaned closer to me until I felt his lips touch my forehead.

That kiss, it brought tingles to my spine. It gave me warmth and comfort.

Then he gave me a hug.

His warm skin against mine, it felt so comfortable. 

It don’t know what to do. It’s like I’ve been hypnotized so I can’t do anything. 

I like this.

“Why are you asking too much questions? Is there something in your past that I don’t know?” he mumbled, his face still leaning against my head.

“Nothing, really. I just remembered a friend from my past.” I replied.

“Only a friend right? Not BOYfriend?” he asked as he held me tighter in his arms.

“Of course not. Just a friend.” 

You are my first boyfriend. Even though this isn’t true, you are the first guy I dated Cho Kyuhyun.

“Good.”

I don’t feel like Kyuhyun wanted to let me go, because everytime he speaks his grip on my waist tightens. He pulls me closer and closer to him.

“Yoona?” he asked.

“Hm?”

“Do you like Siwon-hyung?”