. The Matchmakers

My Memory: The One I Love

 

Yoona's POV

 

I tried calling Kyuhyun the following morning, but he wouldn’t answer me. he didn’t even replied to my text massages. I was starting to get worried. I’m pretty sure something is wrong. But I wasn’t sure what it is.

 

I was on my way to Super Junior’s dormitory when I saw someone with the red hoodie across the street. A girl. And with much effort, she’s trying to hide her face from the crowd.

 

I tried following her, until she went up to her red car parked on the far-end of the park.

 

“Unni?”

 

The girl continued walking while she kept her hood up. Her paces fastened as if she was already jogging.

 

“Fany-unni!” she looked back, took off her glasses and looked at me with those beautiful eyes of hers.

 

“Yoona-ssi?”

 

“Unni!” I leaped off to her and gave her a warm hug.

 

“Unni! I haven’t seen you since the trip. How are you?” I asked.

 

“Fine. You?” she smiled faintly.

 

“I’m perfectly fine. I missed you!”

 

“Really? Well, I’ve been busy these days actually. I have a lot of schedules. Sorry.” She held my hand as she smiled.

 

“Let’s go get some coffee?” she asked.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

 

20 messages, 13 voice mails, 7 missed calls. All from one person.

 

Yoona.

 

I smiled as I realized how much she tried to contact me. I feel so important, and at the same time too sorry for worrying her. And of course, for losing my temper last night.

 

“Yah! You look like an idiot.” Siwon-hyung patted my shoulder as he sat by my side.

 

“I do?” I chuckled.

 

“Yes. So, what’s up with your phone?” he asked while trying to grab my mobile.

 

“Yah! Hyung! What are you doing?” I swatted away his hands. He replied with a laugh as he hit my arm hard.

 

“Too defensive? Why? Is it about your girlfriend?” he teased.

 

I rolled my eyes. This hyung. Sometimes I think he’s being too sneaky and mean these days. But there were most times when I see him sulking at one corner and spacing out. Sometimes he’s just staring out at nowhere with his mouth hanging open.

 

“Hyung, noona already called you?” I asked.

 

Slowly, his smile vanished. His place became blank and he sighed.

 

“Nope. You?” he replied curtly.

 

“If he hasn’t called you, how much more me?” I smirked.

 

Hyung remained quiet for a long time. There he goes again, spacing out like I don’t exist.

 

“What happened that night?” I asked. I was talking about the night I heard them in our room. I saw noona crying while she exited the room, so I concluded then that something’s wrong between them.

Siwon-hyung snapped back to his senses with my question.

 

“Hyung, I heard you that night. There’s no point of denying that.”

 

“What happened that night, you don’t have to know it. But I really regretted letting her go that night.”

 

As much as I do not want to see a girl cry, I also don’t want to see any of my hyungs down. And seeing Siwon-hyung this sad, I really have to do something.

 

“You like noona, right?” I asked.

 

He sat up straight and looked at me. For second thought I thought I saw hyung blush, fiercely. His face was red and his eyes grew big.

 

“W-what? I-I do-don’t!” he stammered.

 

“See? That’s what I’m talking about. D-E-N-I-A-L.” I smirked.

 

“I’m not denying anything.” His voice softened. He looked like a kid I wanted to hit him because he’s being too cute.

 

“So, you admit you like noona?” I smiled cheekily.

 

“Well, h-how do I know that I … I … I l-like her?” he asked, his face getting redder.

 

“Hmm… let me think. You miss her?” I asked.

 

“Well, yes. Bu—”

 

“You feel like you’re so irritated when you don’t see her?”

 

“Yes. But I –”

 

“You’re dying to hear her voice?”

 

“Well, dying is an exaggeration but I do want to hear her—”

 

“You really want to see her? badly?”

 

“Yes, of course but—”

 

“You like her, right?” I smiled.

 

“Yes, of course. Wait… No. I mean, yes. Yes. Yah! Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

“What? See? I made you admit it. All you have to do now is tell that to her. That’s it.” I smiled and winked.

 

“How do I do that? I bet she’s really mad at me. She wouldn’t answer my texts or calls.”

 

“Leave that to me.” I smirked.

 

“You’ll help me? You’ll set us up?” his face lit up as he began shaking me.

 

“Yes, I will. But if you don’t stop tugging my dress, I won’t.”

 

“Ow. Sorry.” He pretended straightening up my shirt. “So, you’ll help me?” he asked.

 

“Sure. But I’’ be needing some reinforcement.” I smirked as I dialed a familiar number on my phone.

 

Yoona's POV

 

“Unni! Let’s go to the boys’ dorm. The oppas are dying to see you. You haven’t contacted them, right?” I asked though at the back of my head I already have my answer.

 

“I was really busy. And besides, I doubt it if they miss me.” she chuckled bitterly.

 

“Yah! The oppas do miss you. Kyu always tells me that he often catches Siwon-oppa staring at your phone number on his mobile.” I lied as I sipped down my juice.

 

“Blah blah. As if.” She smirked.

 

“Unni, did you two had a fight?” I asked.

 

Unni’s face turned pale. I knew I hit the right spot.

 

“What happened?” I asked.

 

It took her a while to compose herself. Her face became blank it was hard for me to read what’s on her mind.

 

“That was nothing. I just thought he needed his life for himself.” She smiled faintly.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

She exhaled sharply. I can see unni’s eyes becoming cloudy. I feel so sorry and guilty for dragging the issue out, but I do not have a choice. I really want to help him and Siwon-oppa.

 

“You know that the thing between me and Siwon is nothing but a fake. I mean, I just forced him, as what he told you. So, I just gave him what he wanted. He’s free. I’m out of his life. Period.” She smiled.

 

“But I don’t get it.”

 

“Don’t get what?”

 

“How come you’ve stayed together for so long even though the relationship is a fake? I mean, for the two of you to be in that situation for 2 years, it’s impossible that there’s no attachment.”

 

I heard unni chuckle.

 

“Attachment? I don’t think Siwon knows that word.”

 

“But I know he misses you.”

 

Unni looked at me, her eyes full of sadness I don’t know where it came from.

 

“He… Siwon… he will never… never miss me…”tears began falling from her eyes. It’s the very first time I saw unni cry. And trust me, it’s very heartbreaking.

 

“Just try and come back to him, unni.”

 

She shook her head as she tried wiping off the tears that kept on rolling down her cheeks endlessly.

 

“It’s easy for you to say that I should come back because you do not know what it feels to love someone whom you know can’t love you back. The only person you looked at your whole life ends up just seeing you as a friend. When you gave and showed him every good thing and yet it’s still useless. I don’t think I could face Siwon now. I don’t think I could look straight in his eyes anymore. I … I just love him so much it hurts like this to let him go…” she sobbed.

 

“Unni…”

 

“Yoona-ssi… please don’t tell Siwon we met. please.” She held my hand tightly.

 

“But…”

 

“Please.”

 

Seeing unni become weak like this, I feel so sorry for her.

 

“Okay. I promise.”

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

She wasn’t picking her phone up so I decided to go to their house. To think I was an idiot last night for just walking away without any proper goodbye is too offending. Then I came back here as if nothing happened. I am really the Evil Maknae.

 

I tried calling her number again, but now, I can’t reach her. So maybe waiting here outside their gate is the best way I could talk to her.

 

Then, I saw a figure coming to my direction.

 

It was her.

 

She stopped on her tracks when she saw me. She became hesitant of stepping forward.

 

I took a step closer to her. Slowly, we met each other halfway. And for the first time, there was an awkward, very awkward distance between us.

 

“Yoong..”

 

She looked up and stared at me with those beautiful eyes of hers.

 

Last night she told me that we better remain as friends.

 

But how could I simply do that when a mere glance from her makes my heart do somersaults?

 

“I… I … I’m s-s-sorry.” I wanted to start hitting my head for stammering.

 

She giggled lightly. “For what?”

 

“You know… Being rude… not answering your phone calls and messages…” I scratched my nape as I smiled shyly.

 

“That’s nothing. I know you’re really busy right now.” She smiled back.

 

Dang. There it goes again. Her smile.

 

Can she please stop smiling for a while so that I could think properly here?

 

“Ahm…Yoo—Yoong.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can y-you he-help m-me with Si-Si-Siwon-hyu-hyung?”

 

“What?” she laughed.

 

“I sa-said… Can y-you he-help m-me with Si-Si-Siwon-hyu-hyung?” I asked. She jut laughed harder. Is there something funny here?

 

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! When did you start stammering when you talk? You’re not like that.” She laughed.

 

“Do-don’t laugh.” I threw her an evil glare but to no avail.

 

“If you continue stammering, I can’t help you out.” She smirked.

 

I inhaled, and then exhaled. Yes, she’s very right. Since when did I become like this?

 

“Okay. Yoona. Can you help me with Siwon-hyung?” I asked.

 

“What happened to him?”

 

“He needs to confess to Noona. And I have to help him before it’s too late.”

 

“Okay. Count me in.”

 

I looked at her. I was surprised to hear that she’s approving my plan easily.

 

“What?”

 

She rolled her eyes. “I said, count me in. Now come inside and let’s plan.” And she pulled me by the hand to their house.

 

---

Ah! Okay, hit me... This update is so-lame-but-I-have-to-post-it (hides@.@)

But anyways, I'm doubling up my time to uhm...make the next chappie extra special...That will be the last SiFany in this fic... The rest will all be KyuNa's moments :)) hoho---

 

(CLUE: There will be a BIG TWIST....SO, HEADS UP!!!!)

 

Thanks a lot for reading and thanks for giving the fic a lot of love... SARANGHAE!

 

AND....wanna write a Christmas Fic with me? Drop me a line at my wall... I really needed a co-author this time :)