Going Back

My Memory: The One I Love

 

 

Kyuhyun's POV

 

“Good morning!” I greeted everyone as soon as I entered to dining room. I sat between Yesung-hyung and Yoona, who was in a conversation with Sungmin-hyung. I nudged her in the ribs. The moment she looked at me, I smiled cheekily I swear I looked like an idiot. Yoona sniggered. I gave her a pout and glare.

 

“Why are you laughing?” I asked.

 

“You look funny, Kyunnie. Why are you trying to look cute?”

 

Kyunnie.

 

That word…

 

I hated the fact that me and that person are one.

 

That would mean I can’t have the girl beside me as my wife in the future.

 

That would mean she’d stay as my friend forever… because…

 

We ARE friends.

 

And it should stay that way…

 

“I just wanted to look like a real maknae.”

 

“But you are.” She giggled.

 

“I am. But I don’t look like one because of my hyungs.” I glared at Sungmin-hyung, who looked at me innocently. I shifted my gaze at Ryeowook-hyung, who then looked at me and gave me a big smile.

 

Wicked hyungs.

 

“You don’t have to look cute to look like the maknae.” She smiled.

 

“I have to. Or else the fans would think that those two guys with baby faces are the maknaes. It’s always like that.” I pouted.

 

Yoona just smiled and passed the tray of egg at me. I took it and filled my plate. Then, I noticed two persons missing in action.

 

“Where’s the monkey and Tiffany-noona?” I asked. Donghae-hyung gave me a glare while Hyoyeon-noona answered.

 

“He woke me up this morning saying he’ll drive Tiffany to the bus stop. I don’t know why she has to go home this early.” She looked at Siwon-hyung for an answer. The latter just looked down at his plate, avoiding our gazes.

 

“Maybe something urgent came by.” Ryeowook shrugged.

 

But I knew better.

 

Last night, I saw noona crying as she went out of our room.

 

I don’t know why but I know it has something to do with Siwon-hyung.

 

“She could have told Siwon what happened. I heard something from your room last night.” Teukie-hyung asked him. Siwon-hyung looked like he has been poured over by a glass of cold water. Like he just woke up from a dream when he looked up at us.

 

“I’m going to pack my things.” He excused himself and went back to our room.

 

There’s something wrong around here. And I have to figure it out.

 

Yoona's POV

 

It felt uncomfortable sitting next to Kyuhyun now that I found out he’s Kyunnie. We can’t be sweet to each other anymore and all we have to do is to be formal around the others.

 

When we got home, I immediately told Auntie what I found out and introduced Kyuhyun as the Kyunnie I used to play with when I was a little girl. She didn’t look surprised and said she already had that feeling the first time she saw Kyuhyun.

 

“Really? Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked. Kyuhyun's snigger was on the background.

 

“Well, he really looked like the little boy you used to play with before. I recognize the smile. And I thought you already knew it.” she reasoned out.

 

I puffed my cheeks because of my aunt’s naughtiness. She’s really MY aunt.

 

“So, why don’t you two catch each other up. You’ve been apart for 10 years. I’ll give you all the time you need.” She smiled as she shoved us back outside the house.

 

I was left there with my mouth hanging open.

 

Catch each other up.

 

We’ve been apart for 10 years.

 

10 long years.

 

I should be happy I now that I’ve found Kyuhyun. It’s been my dream, actually.

 

But a part of me says I can’t be happy at all.

 

I’m going crazy.

 

No. I already am.

 

It was then that I heard Kyuhyun's guffaw. He looked so happy when he laughs like that. He looks so handsome.

 

I hit him on his arms hard, but it didn’t put a stop to his laughter. I just walked away from him. He caught up quite easily. Those long legs were really advantage.

 

“Where are we going?” he asked, smiling.

 

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. Then I stopped and remembered something.

 

“Has unni called yet?” I asked.

 

Kyuhyun's brows furrowed. “Who?”

 

“Tiffany-unni! I’m worried. She wasn’t with us when we went home. Is there something wrong?”

 

“I guess. But that’s between her and Siwon-hyung. We shouldn’t interfere.” He said.

 

“But we’re their friends!”

 

“I know. But we should give them time to patch things up for themselves first. If they can’t, then it’s time we enter the picture.”

 

He’s right. Absolutely.

 

“So, where are we going?” Kyuhyun asked again.

 

“I told you, I don’t know. I’m a home buddy, you know.” I smiled.

 

“Okay. Come with me.” he smirked.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

 

The drive to the fireworks exhibit took almost 2 hours, and by the time we arrived, the venue was already packed with people that I have to put on my hoodie to hide my face.

 

“Why are we here?” Yoona asked as I led her to the front row of the crowd.

 

“You love fireworks, right?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, but what does it have to do with this?”

 

“Quit asking and just follow me.”

 

We set up ourselves on the very front of the crowd, so we could see the sky clearly.

 

“It’s starting in a few minutes.”

 

“What?”

 

Just as I was about to answer her, there came explosions over us and the sky was filled with streaks of light and art. I looked sideways at Yoona. she was looking up in the skies, looking so mesmerized by the beauty in front of her. was partly open. I took the opportunity to take a picture of hers using my phone. She looked so innocent.

 

She glanced at me, quite distracted of how I looked at her.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked.

 

“Nothing. You look cute.” I smiled.

 

Part of me wanted to slap myself for being so blunt. I really am Heechul-hyung’s apprentice. My glib mouth wouldn’t just remain quiet.

 

The firework show ended after an hour, and by the time it was finished, Yoona started complaining about her neck.

 

“Whose neck wouldn’t hurt? Since the show started, you never took your eyes off the sky.” I rolled my eyes. Then she started whining like a child and pouting like a flounder she is.

 

“You took me to this show anyway.”

 

There she is. The guilt is filling me up.

 

“Let’s go eat.” I pulled her hands and led her to the food cart near my car.

 

That was a wrong move.

 

Really, Yoona can eat much. Maybe, she can eat twice or thrice as I can. She’s a type of girl who’d make her boyfriend go bankrupt.

 

Boyfriend.

 

I swallowed the imaginary lump on my throat as the thought came knocking on my head.

 

She’d have a boyfriend one of these days.

 

And she’ll go and introduce me to that guy.

 

How will I react?

 

I shuddered at the thought.

 

How I wish I could be that boyfriend Yoona will introduce to her aunt.

 

But that idea seems like a blur now. A bit impossible.

 

“Yah!” Yoona snapped her fingers in front of me to get my attention.

 

I went back to my senses as I discovered we are already the ones to order. Yoona might have enumerated her order, no doubt, and she’s just waiting for mine.

 

“Ahm, I’m still full.” I reached for my wallet and handed the cashier the payment. I felt Yoona's curious gazes at me. I tried to ignore it, for I know that one wrong glance on her would be a big mistake for me.

 

“Why are you so quiet?” I heard her ask.

 

I looked at her face.

 

Still the same kid I befriended 10 years ago.

 

That kid, and the girl I love, is one.

 

I hate that fact.

 

“It’s nothing. I just remembered something.” I lied.

 

Knowing Yoona, I can tell she isn’t pleased with my answer.

 

“Let’s go home.” She uttered as she stood up.

 

Yoona's POV

 

I led the way to Kyuhyun's car. I see he’s been quiet since we came from the fireworks show. It’s disturbing, especially when I often see him stealing glances at me and then sighing. I felt something is wrong. There’s something he isn’t telling me.

 

 

Then an obvious fact hit me.

 

We are dating, aren’t we?

 

We shouldn’t be doing this anymore, right?

 

The oppas and unnis sure know our real relationship. That we weren’t lovers, but just friends. Plain friends. Nothing could exceed than that border line.

 

So that would mean that what we are doing now, we shouldn’t be doing it. Though it may feel so right, it’s somehow wrong. The pretentions must end. As though it may hurt, a lot for me, this act should stop.

 

I should stop this before I fall deeper and deeper for him.

 

And I know that when I did, it will be hard for me to climb back up and start all over again.

 

The car halted in front of our gate. Kyuhyun opened the door for me. I absentmindedly got off the car and went inside the premises. I know, and I can feel, that Kyuhyun is looking at me. I shook off everything I’m feeling.

 

Only 5 minutes. Please. Five minutes of courage and convincing poker face is all I need.

 

I paused at the doorstep, and Kyuhyun looked at me with curiosity.

 

“Thanks for today, Kyunnie.”

 

Kyunnie.

 

I cringed at the sound of the word. I never thought I’d call this guy in front of me with that name. I never thought he could be that very same person.

 

“Sure. And there’s always a next time.”

 

There’s always a next time.

 

I swallowed a lump in my throat as I composed myself, gathered all my remaining strength, and looked at him straight in the eyes.

 

“Kyu…”

 

He looked at me, a small smile on his face.

 

“Do you think we should stop this?”

 

Kyuhyun's POV

 

I looked at her straight in the eyes as I tried to comprehend what she said.

 

“Do you think we should stop this?”

 

 

I heard it right, right?

 

“Pardon?” my heart thumped wildly against my chest as I await her reiterate her words.

 

“Do you think, we should stop pretending like we’re sweethearts? I mean, the unnis sure know that we’re fake after that incident at the beach.” She said.

 

My brows furrowed at her. She may have saw it since she started explaining again.

 

“Maybe Tiffany-unni knew that we’re just pretending that’s why she left earlier than us. Maybe she and Siwon-oppa fought, or like that. I don’t know.” she looked worried as she bit her lower lip, avoiding my gazes.

 

“So, what we are doing now, to you, is still part of the act?” I asked, quite hurt by obvious fact that she still thinks I’m still pretending.

 

“Well, it is. It is, right?” she looked at my eyes.

 

It was the very first time I fell this feeling. When all my efforts just to be close to her was just meaningless since she thinks we are still pretending. Everything I did was nor serious to her. I don’t know if it was just me or I was really hurt. Hurt by the fact that she thinks I was still playing when the truth is, I damn serious.

 

I locked away my gaze from her. I put my hands inside my pockets as I turned sideways from her.

 

“So, what should we do?” I asked.

 

“I think we should go back to what we really are in the first place. We are bestfriends right? we should start all over again. Like nothing happened.” She said.

 

Like nothing happened.

 

I felt my gut being punched as I replayed the words on my head.

 

“Yeah. Sure.” I walked away from her to the gate. I heard her call me back, but I was too pissed to turn back.

 

“Where are you going?” she called out.

 

“Home. Good night.”

 

I started my car’s engine and stepped at the accelerator.

 

Stupid girl.

 

I want to hate her.

 

But I simply can’t.

--

HELLO! A TEASER ON THE SEQUEL OF MY MEMORY IS ON THE NEXT POST... but I'm still looking for a poster-maker. Anyways, please do wait for it, ayt? <3

Mind if you comment on that? :)