My Memory: The One I Love

My Memory: The One I Love

 

♥My Memory♥


prologue♥♥


YoonA's POV


~He’s always been there for me. Even though we’re just kids, he knows when to comfort and sympathize with me. 
He has always been my knight in shining armor. My prince in a white horse. My brother. My dear bestfriend. He had occupied a big part in my heart and life. I don’t know what I’d do without him by my side.~




The sun is setting beautifully. This would be my happiest birthday ever. My best friend is sitting just inches away from me, eating his ice cream. I could see in his innocent face that he had been happy today too.


“Kyunnie?”, I asked.
“Yep?”

“ Can you promise never to leave me? Please?”

“You’re being stupid again, YoonA-ssi! Quit it.”

‘Why can’t you promise?! Do it! It’s my birthday anyway.”

He thought for a while before finally speaking.

“I don’t hold time, you know. But as long as you want me to stay right here with you, I’ll just be here.”


I felt happy. Hearing those words made me relieved. At least I have someone who’d stay with me forever. At least…


Kyuhyun's POV

~She’s the only girl I set my eyes upon. The only one who could make me smile and happy, the one who made me look at the bright side of life. She has always been my damsel in distress. 
My beautiful princess. My sister. My best friend. He occupies a big space in my heart and life. I don’t know what I’d do if I lose her.~





"But as long as you want me to stay right here with you, I'll just be here."

She smiled. I knew she felt happy when I said those words. And I really meant what I said. YoonA—the only person that makes me smile, that makes my day complete. I never wanted to be apart from her. I never planned to leave her. Until…

“We’ll have to go to America”, mom said while packing our luggage.

“But mom! I don’t want to go there! I’ll just stay here.”, I argued.

“ Your dad’ll be assigned in America and we have to go there as well. No more arguments!”

“If I’d go to America, what about Yoona-ssi? I can’t leave her here alone!”

Mom stopped abruptly. She faced me and held my hands.

“Son, I know it’s hard. I know what you feel. YoonA has no parents so you want to protect her. But we all have our own lives. You have your own life. Don’t put too much weight in your little shoulders,dear.”

Then she left me. I was dumbfounded.

“You have your own life.

Yeah, that’s right. But YoonA’s part of my life. I can’t do this. I just can’t…


Today, we’ll leave Korea. I’ll go live on a foreign land where I don’t know anyone. I have to leave. I’ve got to leave her. The thought keeps punching my chest. It puts a thick lump in my throat. But I can’t cry. Not in front of her. No.


“Kyunnie?” she asked. She looked at me with those puzzled eyes of her.

“Yes?”

“You seem to be deep in thoughts. What’s the problem?”

“Nothing”

“I can see in your eyes that you are lying.” She pouted 

“YoonA-ssi, listen very carefully to what I’m going to tell you, ok? Please.”

I have to tell her. In less than 15 mins, mom will come to fetch me so that we could leave for the airport.

“Ok. Is there any problem?”

“My mom..and dad.we..me too… We’re leaving for America today.” I said. She was shocked. Her innocent face looked surprised.

“What? I don’t understand. Why would you leave?Why?” she said. Her eyes ha gone teary. She began to sob. 

“Dad’s been assigned there. I cannot argue anymore with them. I never really wanted to leave.”

“You said you’d stay with me forever! You said you’ll never leave me! Why are you doing this? I only have you! I don’t have anyone else but you, Kyunnie!” 

She was crying.Tears came rolling down from her brown eyes to her now pink cheeks.

“YoonA-ssi, I’m so sorry. I never planned this. If I only had choice… YoonA-ssi,please. Don’t make me feel worse. Please.”

She didn’t speak. She continued crying silently. I wanted to touch her. To hug her. But I felt guilty. Too guilty.

“I can’t force you to stay, can i? I don’t have the right to do so. Nothing lasts forever, right?” she said .

Then I heard our car horn.

“I’d come back. I promise. One day I’ll go back here and look for you,ok? Waste for me! I promise I’ll find you. I promise I’ll find you whatever it takes!

“I’ll wait for you. Just don’t make me wait for nothing… Just like what they did.” She whispered.