Chapter 17--Weird Dreams and Sneaking Out

My Memory: The One I Love

 

Kyuhyun's POV


“Kyu, wake up.”

I opened my eyes lazily. Kangin-hyung was shaking me forcefully.

“Find a place to lie down. You’ll hurt your neck when you sleep while sitting down.” 

I just nodded and checked on my watch. 

4:15 am

It’s still too early. I doubt it if she’s already awake.

I stood up and looked around.

Siwon-hyung was at the corner, reading a book. Donghae-hyung was playing with his PSP. The rest were scattered on the floor, sleeping. Kangin-hyung went back to his place beside Teukie-hyung and recommenced sleeping.

I crept to Sungmin-hyung and shoved him lightly so that I could have a space. He opened his eyes sleepily and raised a brow at me. Sungmin-hyung is one of my hyungs you wouldn’t want to mess with when they just woke up. I remembered one time when I woke him up because of my rants when I lose in a game. He got up from his bed, pulled the plug of the television, threw a pillow on my face real hard and took my game controller away from me. Since then, I made sure he’s on a good mood before he goes to sleep so that he won’t do that again.

I smiled as sweet as I can. I don’t want to piss him off. He moved to his right so that I could sleep between him and Yesung-hyung.

“We have lots of schedules tomorrow. Sleep.” He mumbled.

“Okay.” I answered and went back to sleep.



Yoona's POV

4:15am

I woke up with a blinding headache. I tossed and my bed but the pain just gets worse. I can’t get back to sleep. I feel nauseated.

‘Maybe this was because I got wet from the rain.’

I mentally cursed myself from being an idiot. I still had Kyuhyun to remind me to change from my wet clothes before doing so. Aish.

I reached for my phone and looked for Kyuhyun’s number.

Should I call him? Oh, of course I shouldn’t. I bet he’s too tired to mind me now. I’ll just send him a message. I guess he wouldn’t be that mad again at me in case I can’t text him for the rest of the day. 

I battled the distress I am feeling and soon enough, I entered dreamland.

And I had the weirdest dream I had so far in my life.

In my dream, I was dressed in a beautiful white wedding gown. I was walking at the neatly carpeted aisle of the church and a beautiful music filled my ears.

Geudaereul saranghandaneun man
Pyuhngsaeng maeil haejugo shipuh
Would you marry me?
Nuhl saranghago akkimyuh saragago shipuh


By the altar, I saw my groom dressed in an elegant white tuxedo. He was smiling handsomely at me though I can’t see his face clearly.

Geudaega jami deul mada
Nae pare jaewuhjugo shipuh


Would you marry me?
Iruhu naui maeum huhrahaejullae?


I walked closer… and closer to him. And finally, I got to see the face of my mysterious groom.

Pyuhngsaeng gyuhte isseulge, I do.
Nuhl saranghaneun guhl, I do.


Nungwa biga wado akkyuh jumyuhnsun, Ido.
Nuhreul jikyuhjulge, my love…

It was Cho Kyuhyun.




Kyuhyun's POV

I woke up at 5:30am.

I walked over to the table where I had left my phone last night.

1 New Message
From: Yoona (:

Good morning Kyuhyun!

Woah. This is unusual. She texted me first. What a good day.

To: Yoona (:
Good morning Yoona. 
Had a good sleep?
We’ll be very busy today. T___T

After I sent my message, someone grabbed my phone from me.

“YAH!” I looked up and found Yesung-hyung jumping up and down, holding my phone up.

“Sending morning kisses, huh?” he smirked while scanning my phone’s contents.

“Shut up hyung. Give me back my phone. PLEASE.” I stretched my hand out to ask for my phone, but this hyung of mine probably has something else to do that he smiled evilly at me.

“Do you think it will be THAT easy?”

I launched at him, but he was quick enough to dodge my attack. He ran to the kitchen while laughing.

Seriously, why are my hyungs like this to me? They’ve been starting to tease me more often now.

“JONGWOON!” I yelled and followed him to the kitchen where Teukie-hyung, Sungmin-hyung and Ryeowook were preparing breakfast.

“Quit running!” Teukie-hyung said while pouring some juice on the glasses.

“Wook, what’s for breakfast?” Yesung-hyung asked Ryeowook, who was busy beating something on a bowl.

“Pancakes, hotdog, fried eggs and buttered bread. Want to add anything in the menu?” the younger replied.

“Hmm. I’m thinking of some sort of omelet. Can you add some cabbage and carrots to the egg?” 

“Well, that’s good.”

“Hyung, can you and Kyu get out of the kitchen? It’s too crowded.” Sungmin-hyung pouted.

“I’m still teasing Kyu.” Yesung-hyung said, still scanning my phone while frowning. Then, he shook his head.

“You don’t have endearments?” he asked me.

“Endearments?”

“Aish. I thought you’re a genius?! I mean, doesn’t he call you oppa and you call her jagiya?”

“Nope. We call each other by our names. Now, give me back my phone.” But hyung acted as if he didn’t hear me.

“Lame. Teukie-hyung calls Yuri ‘sarang’, Yuri calls hyung ‘yeobo’. Kangin calls Taeyeon ‘byul’, Taeyeon calls him ‘oppa’. Why don’t you and Yoona call each other ‘jagiya’?” he asked, his eyes full of disbelief.

“Hyung, you’re missing something here. We’re not really a couple.” I said in a you-should-have-known-that tone, though I really felt disappointed by the fact.

He must have thought about it for a while, then he spoke again. “Well, I’m pretty sure you’d end up as a real couple any day now. Right, Min?” he looked at Sungmin-hyung who smiled at him meaningfully. Sungmin-hyung nodded and grinned wider.

Then, I grabbed the chance. I launched at Yesung-hyung and strangled him. This time, he was distracted that he was not able to dodge. I grabbed his face on my left hand while my right reached for my phone.

“Get off!” he yelled while shoving me away.

“Yah! Both of you, stop playing here! You’re not getting any breakfast if you don’t stop what you’re doing!” Teukie-hyung warned.

“Give me my phone back!” I grabbed Yesung-hyung’s wrist and snatched my phone from his hand. He pushed me so hard I nearly knocked Ryeowook who was frying the hotdogs.

“Evil magnae.” Yesung-hyung pouted while fixing his hair.

I stuck my tongue out at him and ran to our room.

As soon as I entered, I locked the door behind me and jumped to my bed. I opened my phone and read my new message.

From: Yoona (:
I did not sleep well. I have a terrible headache. T___T
Take care on your schedules today.

She has a headache? That maybe because of the rain yesterday. Aish, this girl.

To: Yoona (:
Take some medicine. Call me when it gets worse, okay?

I sighed. She’s sick. And I can’t take care of her because of our schedules. Lame.

From: Yoona (:
Okay.

Will she be alright? I really have a bad feeling about this.

--
8:45pm

“We’ll have schedules tomorrow starting at 8 o’clock in the morning at Hyori-noona’s morning show, okay? So make sure you take a good sleep.” Teukie-hyung reminded us as we got home.

Everyone nodded in unison and proceeded doing their own bedroom rituals.

“Kyu!” hyung called me as I made my way to the stairs.

“Hyung?”

“You seem not to be yourself today. Is something bothering you?”

I sighed. I can’t tell hyung I’ve been so worried all day because Yoona never texted me or answered my phone calls. I’m sure he’ll laugh out loud at me and join Yesung-hyung in his “Tease and Piss the Evil Magnae Project”.

“I’m just tired hyung.” I lied.

He looked at me suspiciously, his eyes narrowing. “Okay. Have a good sleep. If you need someone to talk to, I’m here. I’ll listen and laugh at you.” He smirked.

“Thanks hyung. That’s very NICE of you.” I chuckled and went upstairs.

I went inside our room and locked the door behind me.

“You look so worried. What happened?” Sungmin-hyung asked as I sat down over my bed.

I looked at him. This hyung, I can’t lie or keep a secret form him. He can almost read me.

I sighed. “ It’s Yoona. She isn’t answering my calls and messages since this morning.”

He sat down beside me, hugging his pink bunny stuffed toy. “So?”

“I’m so worried hyung. This morning, she told me she’s having a terrible headache. And she hasn’t contacted me since then. I’m afraid something happened to her.”

Hyung pouted his lips, a sign that he was thinking seriously. He then sighed and clapped my back.

“Go ahead and check on her.”

I looked at him with questioning eyes. Did he just tell me to go to Yoona?

“I said go and check on her. She might have gotten really sick or something.” He said while standing up and going on to his own bed.

“What about Teukie-hyung? He’ll kill me if he finds out I sneaked out.”

“He won’t find out, I guess. I’ll find a way. Just be back before he wakes up. Get it?” he threw me his pillow, hitting me square in the face.

“Thanks hyung! You’re the best.” I smiled widely I looked like a complete idiot. I quickly got up and went out of the room. The corridor’s dark, meaning the other members were already asleep in their own rooms. I ran quietly downstairs to the garage and looked for my car. Lucky it was parked just beside the gate so I had no trouble taking it out.

I drove through the familiar route to Yoona’s. When I got their shop, their house was completely dark. No faint light was visible from the big white house behind their shop. I buzzed the doorbell. No response. This is making me sweat cold, so I jumped over their gate, since it was just the level of my chest, and made my way to their house.

I held the cold door knob and inhaled.

‘If this is locked, that means she’s fine. I’ll go back to the dorm immediately. So please, let this be locked.’

I turned the knob, and the door opened. My heartbeat became fast. It’s too dark inside I can’t even see my own hands.

“Yoona? Yoona!” I started calling for her, but there’s no response. My hands felt cold as I searched the wall for the switch. When the light finally flooded the living room, I didn’t know where to go. Bad things started popping in my mind.

“Yoona! It’s Kyuhyun. Where are you?” Again, no response.

My feet led me to the kitchen. It was too dark and again I looked for the light switch. When the lights were on, I saw Yoona. 

She was lying facedown on the white marble floor. Glass pieces were scattered on the kitchen floor. And Yoona wasn’t moving. I quickly ran to her side and picked her up very carefully. Her face was pale and her body was very warm. Her left hand was bleeding and her lips were dry.

“Yoona. Wake up!” I tried shaking her, but to no avail. She remained unconscious in my arms.

Panic ran through my spine as I carried her to the living room and put her down at the sofa.

“Yoona-ssi. This is Kyuhyun. Can you hear me? please wake up.” I held her warm hands tightly. She then stirred and opened her eyes a little.

“Kyuhyun?” she whispered. She attempted to get up.

“Why didn’t you call me? You don’t look okay. I’ll call for an ambulance.” I said while dialing the emergency hotline.

“No. No, please don’t call. I don’t need to be hospitalized. I’m fine.” She murmured. She pushed me lightly and got up from the sofa. She tried to walk but her weak body didn’t let her so she lost balance and nearly fell over. Lucky I was quick enough to catch her.

“You call that okay? Aish. I’ll carry you to your room.” I said, carrying her bridal style. She didn’t try to protest. With her weak body in my arms, I felt the sudden urge to protect her, like she’s too fragile.

I took the stairs, watching my every step. I can feel Yoona shivering, her breath became warmer and her breathing pace became faster.

“Yoona? Which is your room?” I asked her in my most gentle voice.

She stirred a little before speaking. “Left.”

I opened the door of the room to the left and walked in. I put her down on her bed and she immediately covered herself with her blanket. I touched her forehead. She’s got high fever.
Again, I panicked. Gosh, I’m being panicky these days.

“Yoona? Where’s your medicine cabinet?”

“Kitchen.” She replied, still shivering despite the warm weather.

“I’ll be back okay?” she nodded and I ran down to the kitchen. I then noticed the mess in the floor.

‘I’ll clean you up later.’

I opened the cabinet beside the kitchen window. There are a lot of medicine here. How am I supposed to know which to use?

‘Think Kyuhyun. You’re a genius, right? THINK!’

Paracetamol is for fever.
Antiseptics are for wounds.

Did I get it right? I hope so. Or else I’d kill myself if I made Yoona’s condition worse.

I ran back upstairs to Yoona’s room. She’s still shivering under her thick covers.

“Yoona-ssi? Can you get up? You have to take your medicine.” I asked gently.

She nodded weakly. But seeing that she’s having a hard time, I helped her sit down.

“Take this.” I gave her the tablet. After taking the medicine, I helped her lie down again. I cleaned her wound and covered it with bandage. 

‘The medicine should take effect in 5 minutes. It’s what the label says. That means her fever should go down by then.’

“Yoona-ssi, I’ll just go down and clean the kitchen. I’ll be back, okay? Promise.” She gently nodded and I left her in the room though I really don’t want to leave her at that state.

And again, I ran back to the kitchen. I picked up the glass shards and wiped the floor.

‘Wow. I don’t do this stuff at home or at the dorm yet…’

After the cleaning up, I went to check on Yoona. Her fever hasn’t gone down. And I’m beginning to feel really anxious. She’s still shivering under her thick blanket. 

Then I remembered something. I watched a movie before. Body heat. That’s what the male protagonist used to help her leading lady when she had a high fever while they were lost in a forest. 

Well, that was a movie. I don’t know if that really works in real life. And what if Yoona takes my action wrongly? I’m dead if that happened.

‘But you have no choice Kyuhyun. You want to take her to the hospital and be engaged in a scandal? You want to ruin Yoona’s life?’

I have no choice. I took off my jacket and shirt, leaving me only with my thin undershirt on. I lied down beside Yoona and wrapped her in my arms. I could smell the sweet scent of her hair, I could feel her warm breath against my chest. I could feel her soft skin against mine.

This position should have made me feel awkward. But, it wasn’t. It felt so perfect, so right. I feel comfortable with her by my side.

Then, without me noticing it, I fell asleep.

¬¬--
I woke u with our song Sorry Sorry filling up my ears.

‘Who’s calling me this early?’

1 Incoming Call
Sungmin-hyung


This may seem rude to me, but I ignored the call. I guess he’ll scold me for not coming home last night.

I looked at the girl beside me. Yoona’s still asleep, her head against my chest. She looked so innocent while sleeping. She looks like a baby. I reached out to her and touched her face. Her fever has gone down.

‘She’s fine. Thank God.’

I carefully got up from bed, making sure I don’t wake her up. I rushed down to the kitchen and thought about making breakfast. But I forgot something: I can’t cook.

I mentally slapped myself. I should have observed my hyungs carefully while they cook. How am I supposed to feed her when I can’t even fry eggs? Stupid genius Kyuhyun.

Then I remembered Sungmin-hyung. He could help me. I should call him.

RING. RING. RING.

“Hello? Sungmin-hyung?”

“After ignoring my call, Mr. Evil Magnae calls me.” he said.

“Sorry for doing that hyung. Yoona was sleeping so I have to shut it off so she won’t wake up.” I explained.

“Blah blah. So, are you on your way home? It’s nearly 6 o’clock. Hyung’s probably awake by now.”

“I’m still here at Yoona’s. She’s still asleep. And I have to make her something to eat. Can you help me hyung?”

Hyung became quiet for a while, then he spoke again.

“Alright. Follow what I say so you don’t burn Yoona’s house down.” He laughed.

Through Sungmin-hyung’s instructions, I was able to make a simple porridge. I didn’t know it was this easy. I’ll probably make more of this someday.

“Kyuhyun, you have to go home in 15 minutes okay? Or else, hyung’s gonna kill you.” Hyung warned me.

“Sure. Thanks a lot hyung!” and he hang up.

Then I heard footsteps from the stairs and soon enough, Yoona was standing by the kitchen’s doorway.

“I thought I was dreaming but you’re really here.” She said, her face is still pale while she smiled.

“Dreaming? That’s strange. It’s actually happening and you thought it’s only a dream. You’re really weird.” I smiled back.

“You cooked?” she asked, looking over the gas range.

“Yep. I made you breakfast.”

“Good thing you didn’t burned down the house.” She laughed.

“Sungmin-hyung also said the same thing when he taught me how to make this porridge.” I chuckled while putting some contents to a bowl and setting it at the table. “Eat this before it gets cold.” I smiled.

“Will I still be alive after I eat this?”

“I don’t know. Maybe?” and she laughed loud.

“Pabo.” She sat down and started eating.

“After you eat that, take your medicine and rest.” She nodded and looked at me.

“Did you really cook this?”

My brows furrowed. “Yes. Why?”

“I didn’t know you could cook this good.” She smiled, her dimples showing.

I could feel my face reddening. 

‘Why are you smiling like that? You’re killing me.’

“I’m a genius.” I smirked.

“Whatever. By the way, you have your schedules right? Why are you still here?” she asked. I glanced at my watch, it’s already 6:45am.

“Oh no. Teukie-hyung will surely kill me.” I told myself, then I turned back to Yoona. “I’ll be going then. But I’ll be back by lunch. Take a rest okay? And don’t forget to take your medicine, don’t tire yourself and take lots of fluids. Get it?” 

“You sound like my aunt. Well, okay. Take care.”

And I drove back to the dorm, imagining my hyungs’ faces when they heard why I was out last night.