Driver’s Ed And Kids

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

After the countdown, everyone gathered backstage and was ready to surprise Sungmin. From behind, me, Yesung, and Eunhyuk carefully sneaked quietly with the cake in our hands. One tap on Sungmin’s shoulder, and BAM!

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” the three of us grinned innocently.

Henry snapped his fingers from beside Donghae. “So that’s what the backup cake was for!” he beamed.

I glanced back at Sungmin and apologized with a cheesy smile. “Sorry, Minnie.”

“Should’ve seen that coming…” He shrugged and tried to the excess cake off his face.

“Well it is tradition.” I smugged. Leeteuk patted his shoulder and handed him a pink towel to wipe his face with. “Here is the real cake.” I said, bringing the backup cake in my hand.

“Heads up!” a voice shouted. Without warning, cake was on my face within seconds.

“…And I should’ve seen that coming.” I muttered to myself.

The birthday wasn’t much as we wanted it to be. I mean, it would’ve been nice to actually plan a proper party for him and all, but it seems like he’s fine with it.

“So are you coming over to the dorm tomorrow?” Sungmin asked me as he took a bite out of his cake.

“Can’t.” I shrugged. “Got a meeting to get my driver’s license.”

The others couldn’t help but overhear. “You’re taking your driver’s test?” Ryeowook asked. I nodded. “Well, good luck on that.” He said sarcastically.

“Hey, I can pass a simple driver’s test!” I said, one hand on my hip.

“Oh really?” he raised a brow.

Zhou Mi then came forward and comforted me with encouraging words. “Don’t worry, you’ll do fine.” He patted my shoulder.

“I doubt it.” Yesung rolled his eyes from afar, thinking I wouldn’t hear him.

“I heard that.” I glared.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The day of the test came and I was fully prepared. Mrs. Hwang, my teacher, took every detail from when she first set foot inside the car. She was a woman in her late 30s, eyes beady, and hair up in a bun. By the messiness of her tied up hair, I could already tell that she was one uptight woman; quite stingy at times, too.

Right before we get started, she told me to revise everything around me before I start moving.

Ok, seatbelt: Check.

Mirrors: Check.

Gear: Check.

I began by slowly turning a corner and getting out from the parking space. This was my first test, on the road, compared to the ones I did around the training facilities. So hopefully everything will go smooth.

From the corner of my eye I saw Mrs. Hwang eyeing me suspiciously from the passenger’s seat.

“Ms. Lee, don’t forget your turn signal.” She said.

Crud, I forgot.

“Y-Yea, I was getting to that.” I replied nervously.

Sweat trickled down the side of my forehead. Who knew driving could be so nerve-wrecking!

“Slow down and hit the brake.” She said as we came to a slight stop right behind another car.

I watched as she jot down a few things on her notepad and told me to move along. I drove, and came to a stoplight just a few inches.

“Hold it!” she stopped me. “Easy does it! Not too forceful on the brake.” She reminded me.

“Y-Yes, Mrs. Hwang.” I nodded. Obviously I still need to work on my brakes and speed limits.

I noticed her giving out a slight sigh and crossing something out from the list on her pad. That doesn’t seem pleasant.

The green light lit up.

“Ok, carry on.” She waved.

I didn’t hesitate and quickly stepped on it, not wanting to have the car behind me wait any longer. But unfortunately, I might’ve gone too over the limit.

“Hold it!” Mrs. Hwang squealed.

I panicked and immediately hit the brakes, causing the car behind me to jolt. Honks were heard from behind by my little mistake. Ok, maybe it wasn’t little.

“Ms. Lee?” Mrs. Hwang called out.

“Yea?” I answered in my most weak voice.

“You might want to try again next time.”

Urghhh...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“HAH! Told you!” Ryeowook banged his fist on the dining table and laughed. I had my head do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter