Missing Charm

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

“Jade! Hurry up!” Sunny yelled loudly from the living room.

I shoved all my stuff inside my backpack and zipped it close. “I’m coming!” I said, slinging the back over my shoulder and heading out of the dorm with them.

The ten of us head down to the lobby and out the entrance where our van was waiting for us. Yuri head in first, and I jumped in last. It was three hours before the concert and we had to be there hours before just to get ready. It was gonna be my first meeting with Taeyang, and hopefully, everything’ll go smoothly. I’d practiced the steps, memorized it, and inserted it inside my head. So pretty much there weren’t any chances of me messing up.

At least I hoped.

I’ve been calling Heechul for almost six times but ever since that day he haven’t contacted me at all, which got me wondering, Did I do something wrong?

“Alright, girls, we’re here.” Taeyeon’s said, and I heard her slamming the van door open.

I walked down along with Tiffany and looked around the parking lot to find the guys’ van. There I saw the same black one, parking at a corner.

They must’ve arrived before us. I thought.

As the girls head on to their dressing room to get ready, I went down the hallway to find the guys. I saw the name Super Junior being plastered on a door and knocked on it carefully. Donghae opened the door and his sweet smile greeted me. I walked inside and saw them busy getting ready. I noticed Heechul sitting down on the chair, checking his phone and ignoring my presence. This was so not like him. If I did something wrong he would’ve told me.

I sighed and was lazy to interrupt and have him glare at me, so I stayed silent and sat down next to Sungmin the whole time.

“So you’re not performing with the girls?” he asked me.

I shook my head.

“Not yet. Mr. Park said I still have a lot of training to do.” I shrugged.

The time to debut with the girls wasn’t coming yet, but I was ready. At least I felt ready; when really I didn’t know it at all.

I looked up to the guys and asked, “Is Taeyang here yet?”

“No,” Shindong shook his head. “Didn’t see his car when we got here.”

I nodded in response. “Arasso. I’ll just get ready anyway.”

I stood up to leave the room ‘till Ryeowook asked from the dressing table, “How’d you get to be his partner, by the way? Didn’t they say they were having Dara?”

I shrugged, not knowing the answer. “Beats me.”

But then Eunhyuk went ahead, explaining, “They say Dara’s busy with 2NE1 promos.”

“Good luck on replacing Dara, Jade.” Siwon said and patted my head. “You’ll do great.”

I smiled at him, but heard a little laugh coming from Heechul.

“What?” I glanced at him.

He blinked and put his phone down. “Nothing.” He said with a sly smile.

I crossed my arms and arched my brows. “You just scoffed at me.”

He smugged and turned to focus back on his iPhone. There was seriously something wrong with him, but he still didn’t wanna explain the reason behind his actions the other day.

I left after that to change into my black, strapped dress and heels twenty minutes before the performance. But as I looked around, there was still no sign of Taeyang.

“Where is he?” I asked myself as I sneaked to look at the surroundings of people outside the girls’ dressing room.

Sooyoung walked over, fully suited in her Run Devil Run stage outfit, and asked what was wrong when she saw me looking around.  

“I don’t see Taeyang…” I said with a little sigh.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll be here soon.” Hyoyeon said as she comforted me. I gave her a nod and decided to drop by guys’ dressing room again to wish them luck before their turn to perform.

Along the way my feet slid two times due to the high heels I was wearing.

“Dang it.” I kept on groaning.  

I frowned and crouched down to adjust it right before entering the guys’ room. I peeked my head inside and Sungmin turned around and smiled, “Oh, Jade.”

“Just came to wish ya’ll good luck.” I grinned. “Fighting!”

He patted my head. “You’re so cute!”

“I’m supposed to be like Dara. Not ‘cute’.” I pouted.

“But you are. See?” Donghae came and pinched my cheeks, making me whine even more.

“Yah, stop that…”  I rubbed my cheeks.

“Arasso, arasso. Little Jadey’s y like Dara then. Happy now?” he teased, ruffling my hair.

“I wouldn’t call it ‘y’.” Yesung walked over. “Still can’t beat Lee Hyori the Queen.” He shrugged.

“Psh, yea, yea…” I stuck my tongue out.

“Aww, come on. You still look pretty.” Hae pinched my cheeks and turned to the rest. “Right, guys?”

“Yah, stop with the pinching!” I whined while pouting.

“Hey, she’s our girl! Of course she’s pretty!” Sungmin winked and turned to Heechul. “Right, hyung?”

Heechul, who was absorbed with his iPhone, finally looked up and blinked. “Hm, what?”

For the whole time I’ve been in the room he hasn’t looked away from his phone or even said a word. And the reason why he ignored me was still unanswered. I stood there and crossed my arms, waiting for some kind of sarcastic remark to come from him. But he was quiet; frozen, and still. Until Kyuhyun walked over and held his jaw, “Dude, close your mouth. You look like a fish out of water or something.”

There was a knock on the door, and when I turned around I saw Sooyoung calling out to me. “Taeyang wants to see you.” She said.

“Ok, coming.” I nodded. Before I left I managed to give the guys a wave. “I’ll see you later! Good luck!”

 

Heechul’s POV

As soon as she was out, I was finally able to breathe again. But not long ‘till Leeteuk walked over and slapped me on the head, making me wince.

“Ow! Hey, what the!”

“Sheesh, what is wrong with you?” he put his hands on his hips and groaned.

“Yea, you’ve been so cold.” Yesung interfered.

“Grumpy, much?” Kyuhyun added from the couch.

I rolled my eyes and started to explain. “Look, I-I didn’t- I mean, I-” but nothing right would come out and the guys started to lose their patience with me. “I’m just… tired.”

“Tired?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter