Playing Cupid

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Next Day

Jade’s POV

My brain whirled around; half in dreamland, half awake. I opened my sleepy eyes. Usually I’d find Heebum sniffing my face and purring at me, but instead there was nothing but just a plain view of Tiffany still lying asleep in her bed across.

I sat up on my bed and looked around. It was all so different. The view, the smell, the feeling. For a moment I couldn’t help but feel a little bit homesick. Usually I’d hear the guys roaring outside in the living room right now, arguing over who’s going to cook breakfast, and usually I’d step in and volunteer.

But everything was quiet. Too quiet.

I stepped on the hard, cool wooden ground and felt a tingle under my feet. Before I would feel the warmth from my hot pink carpet every morning; the one Sungmin got me for Christmas. My heart started to quaver. But whatever it is, I had to cope with living in a new place, just like how I did the first time I moved into the guys’ dorm. Things were rough, but I learned to deal with it in time.

I walked out the room and headed for the bathroom to get ready. Later I came out and was dressed for the day. I was wearing my typical dark denim jeans with a long-sleeved white top. (Outfit)

I looked around and everything still seemed quiet, so I decided to head to the kitchen and cook up something before the girls wake up. I was sure that there was gonna be another debate on who’ll cook, so I’d rather do it before it starts again.

The kitchen wasn’t familiar to me, and I had no idea where the rice was and where the plates were. It took me a while to tour around the place, then I finally got the hang of it. I searched for the ingredients I needed and began taking out the pan to get cooking.

I was halfway through pouring the pancake batter in the pan when I heard a door clack open.

“Jade?”

I looked up from the hot pan to see Jessica waking up, rubbing her eyes.

“Oh, Jessica.” I exclaimed; then came Sooyoung, stretching from behind her.

“Morning…” she groaned sleepily. She looked up to me and asked, “J-Jade? What’re you doing?”

“Cooking breakfast.” I smiled while holding up the spatula in hand. 

The pancakes were ready and so I set them on the dining table as both Jessica and Sooyoung took a seat with their sleepy looks still attached.

“Oh, something smells good.” A voice said.

“Morning, Yoona, morning, Yuri.” I smiled while greeting the two girls in pajamas.

“Ooh, pancakes!” Yoona exclaimed while gladly taking a seat beside Sooyoung.

Sunny and Taeyeon came out next and Taeyeon curiously asked, “Who bought breakfast?”

“Jade cooked.” Sooyoung said with a full mouth before I could.

Taeyeon looked at me with disbelief in her eyes. “What time did you wake up?”

“Around 7:30,” I told her. “I’m an early bird.” I chuckled. She looked around the place, gapped. I turned my head around to see the rest coming out.

“Morning!” I greeted them.

Tiffany gave me a grin and Hyoyeon wished me good morning. While Seohyun walked pass without even a smile. I put my hand down and resisted a wave. No matter how hard I try, she won’t ease up on me. Her coldness was as worse as Yuri and Jessica’s.

“Jade,” someone called me. I turned to see Jessica patting the empty seat beside her. “Sit down and eat.” She said. There was no smile or any sign of ‘kindness’ in her voice, but she seemed to willingly have me sit beside her, and that was enough for me.

I awkwardly walked towards the table and sat down. Things were loud and hectic; just how it is at the guys’ dorm. For a moment I felt I was back there again, listening to each of their conversations as I chowed down my food. I was beginning to know their personalities as I scanned them each.

Taeyeon, the sweet, childish leader. She was the first that welcomed me when I arrived.

Yoona’s a bit blur at times, though. But she seemed like a bubbly and a happy-go-lucky girl.

Sunny seemed like a little ball of Evil. Ok, not ‘Evil’. But there was hardly anything that’s innocent about the girl. Last night before I went to bed, she warned me to never touch her things, be near her things, or even breathe near her things.

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were tight and close. Pretty much they were like best friends.

Yuri’s always quiet. Even when she’s eating her breakfast she’s not even joining in the conversation.

Tiffany… My new roommate. She seemed reserved most of the time. She wasn’t cold or anything like that, but it was as if she’s more to keep things to herself rather than be all out.

With Seohyun I have no words to say except her glares have been pretty scary. All this time I’d picture her as the Innocent Seobaby, but now… well, let’s just say there’s hardly anything innocent ‘bout her as she is with Sunny.

And Jessica… The typical Ice Princess. But somehow, I felt like there’s more to her girly self. After meeting her for the first time (as me) she seemed different than she was. During Camp Adonis she was clingy, girly, and well… just plain scary. But maybe that was on-camera? Now that I’ve seen her in her dorm, her own place, she seemed to be more different than I had expected.

The girls continued their daily chatter with Seohyun going on about her new crush. But I was the new girl. A stranger. I had no right to speak out or say a word. So I kept my mouth shut and ate silently. That is until Taeyeon called me.

“Jade,” she said with a sweet, soft tone.

“Ne?” I raised my head up from my plate of half eaten pancakes.

“Today we have a schedule on Music Bank.” She said.

“And we know that you’re still a trainee,” Sooyoung continued. “But why don’t you come with us?”

“Yea!” Yoona beamed. “We can give you a tour of the place!”

She was quite sincere with the idea, but honestly I had been over to the studio s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter