And So The Drama Begins

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

Since the party obviously failed I grabbed some snacks and ate in the studio with Heechul.

“Yah, where’s your boyfriend?” he asked me.

“Hm? Why?”

“Didn’t he even come to check on you after the incident with the antis?” he asked while raising a brow.

I blinked. Come to think of it, he was right.

“Well, he’s busy I guess.” I said as I grabbed one packet tore it up without looking at the label and threw the chip in my mouth.

“Emm,” I exclaimed while munching. “What is this?” I asked him.

He looked up from his iPhone and answered, “Veggy snacks.”

My eyes cringed as I swallowed it hard. Since when was he a health freak?

I put aside the snack and decided to go for the Choco Pie instead. It was safer.

“Want some Pepero?” he offered while putting one in my mouth.

“Err, no thanks.” I politely declined.

“Wae? It’s yummy.”

It’s not that I didn’t like it, it’s just the fact that every time I see it I’d end up remembering the moment I saw him and Siwon…… Never mind.

The subject quickly changed once Heechul’s eyes landed on the gift box that was lying beside his monitor.

“Oh, that reminds me,” he said as he moved forward to take it.

I grabbed it forcefully and pulled it away from him. “W-Wait!”

He blinked at my sudden reaction.

“Ah, wae? I wanna see,” he pouted.

“Well, it’s… I-It’s not…”

His brows furrowed as he waited for my explanation.

“It’s not perfect.” I said in a rushed tone.

He rolled his eyes, “Gimme.” and took it from my hands. I couldn’t bear to look so I clenched my eyes shut as he pulled the ribbon off and opened the lid of the box. He had no expression whatsoever the first time he laid eyes on it and I gulped.

“It’s not branded or anything…” I muttered while looking down at my feet. “Not that expensive, too…” I mumbled while rubbing my neck. It was probably the first thing I had ever given to him—well, except for that one fan letter with a sketch of him that I gave way, way back years ago. I bet he doesn’t even know it was me.

The minute that he didn’t say a word I felt my heart pound.  

He hated it. He really hated it. He hated it so much that couldn’t even say a thing I bet!

I closed my face with one hand as I couldn’t bear to look at him.

“Joha,” he suddenly spoke. My head shot up to see him grinning a gummy smile so much like Eunhyuk’s while taking out the silver bracelet from inside the little box. (http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z465/ShiningMiCha/Heechulsbirthdaypresent.jpg)

Studying the bracelet, he traced his finger across the plaque and found the name Heechul engraved on it. 

“Gomawo,” he smiled as he slid it over his wrist. “Jeongmal, gomawoyo…”

He was happy with it. Really happy. Like what was going on? Where’s the usual sarcasm where he’d say that everything I pick is boring and cheesy?!??

Is he drunk? Did he mix his soda with beer or something?

“It’s fine,” I managed to say as I watched him fasten the hook of the bracelet.

“I can’t believe you actually used your money for this.” He said as he examined it.

“It wasn’t that hard.” I shrugged. “I worked part-time at the shop that sold it so I got a discount.” I grinned.

He tilted his head down as if to say, “You what?”

“Anyways… I owe you,” I said.

He leaned back slightly and stared at me. “For what?”

I sighed a bit before answering. “I lost the Tinker Bell charm bracelet, remember?”

I noticed him spacing out for a moment and kept on blinking.

“Anyways,” I shook my head to change the topic. “Thanks.”

He held his head up.

“Wae?” he wondered while staring down at his bracelet.

Ok, he needs to stop staring at it and start LOOKING at me while I’m talking!

Oh, gosh, I just sounded as if I was jealous with a bracelet.

“Because…” I hesitated. “B-Because you don’t mind having a dork as a fan?” I grinned cutely while trying to pull an agyeo trick on him.

He laughed softly and leaned close to me and touched the top of my head, saying, “Most of my fans are dorky.” He smirked and poked my forehead, making me frown.

I crossed my arms while scowling, “I hate you.”

“You love me.” He shot back smiling proudly.

“And sadly you know that.” I sighed.

I caught him suddenly smiling while I was grabbing my phone, and pretty much he thought I didn’t notice.

He’s weird, I tell you.

“What’re you smiling about?” I asked him as I looked up from my phone.

He adjusted himself in his seat and stuttered, “N-Nothing.”

I smirked and rolled my eyes.

For his birthday I wanted to tell him something—so bad, that my pride was hurting. But I managed to look up and said, “Did you ever know why I became a Petal?”

I saw his head shoot up and his eyes blinking repeatedly at the topic I brought up.

“Ani…” he rubbed the back of his head. “I mean, I don’t really know.” He shrugged. “Never really thought of it before.”

I nodded my head as I cracked open a new can of soda. “Me, too.” I said while taking a sip. “But… do you know how much you’ve affected your fans?” I asked.

He paused to think for a second.

“Without even doing anything,” I said. “You really helped a lot of people.”

He sat still in his seat and continued to pay deep attention to what I was saying; his eyes not leaving me for a second.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter