Cupid’s Heartbreak

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

The whole section of my bed was covered with everything that I could find in my closet. But all there was were T-shirts, jeans, hoodies… and that’s it.

“I really need to re-organize my wardrobe.” I sighed with a dark green Army patterned T-shirt on top of my head.  

As I dove back into the pile on my bed, I heard footsteps coming in, followed by a voice, “Uh, Jade… What’re you doing?”

I looked up to see Tiffany.

“Oh! N-Nothing.”

“It doesn’t seem like ‘Nothing’ to me.” Sooyoung popped in and began to sniff. “Is it just me or is someone going on a date?” she raised her brows with a tease.

“N-No, of course not.” I said and went ahead to look into the pile.

“Ok, whatever you say.” She shrugged and left, except for Tiffany.

She walked inside and surveyed around and watched as I continued to dig in my pile for anything that was good to wear. 

“Um, Jade? I you’re not too busy, can we talk?” she asked me politely with her soft, yet with a little American accent voice.

“Sure thing, Tiffany-ssi.” I smiled, sitting up on my bed.

She sat on her bed across as well. “And please, no formalities.” She waved a hand.

“B-But-”

She narrowed her eyes and I quickly nodded.

“O-Ok.”

There was suddenly a moment of silence. She looked away, and I followed her gaze.

“Is there… something you wanna talk about?” I asked her.

With that, she looked back up to me with a slight concerned look.

“We’ve met before, haven’t we?”

I was left with a dazed look at her words.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

SJ’s Dorm

Heechul’s POV

Donghae entered the living room and eyed me curiously as I took out my stack of white chocolates and candies.

“Hyung, what are you doing?”

“Celebrating.” I smugged from the couch.

“For… what?” he asked, raising one brow as he sat down beside me. “And… where did you get these?”

“With the money Jade owed me.” I simply replied.

His eyes widened. “S-She owed you money??”

“Not in that kind of way, dork.” I hit his head and he pouted. “The two of us made a bet.” I said, tearing off the candy wrapper of the perfectly new white chocolate.

“When?” he asked.

“Last month.”

He nodded and finally understood.

“Strange how she’d lose a bet so easily.” He said. But then he glanced at me and asked, “What was the bet anyway?”

Before biting into the chocolate, I gazed at him and smirked.

“To make her fall in love.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

SNSD’s dorm

Jade’s POV

My throat became dry. I knew that something like this would happen considering she was the one who helped me back then when I accidentally walked into the Ladies’ room. But of course I hoped for nothing like that to occur again. And hopefully, just maybe, she’d forget about it. Could I say that it was just a coincidence that she met someone like me? But then I’d be lying now, wouldn’t I?

“H-How’d you know?” I finally spoke.

She tilted her head down to get a better view of my face. “So I wasn’t imagining.” She said.

I gulped and looked away.  

“Why did you do it?” she asked me straight.

I looked back at her and re-gained eye contact.

“Long story?” I laughed nervously while rubbing my neck. She nodded as if understood.

“So… are you really Eunhyuk’s cousin? The one that got caught in the scandal?” she asked me. I could just say ‘Yes’, but then I’d be caught up in lies. And there were enough lies as it is.

“No…” I brought my head down in a bit of a shamed look. She tilted her head and leaned back on her bed.

“So you’re not.” She said.

I released a little silent sigh.

“If you want, you can just tell the girls, I mean Sooyoung and Hyoyeon doesn’t know that-”

“Oh, don’t worry, I’m not gonna tell them.” She shook her head.

“You’re not?”

“No! Course not. It’s enough drama that Sunny always freaks out whenever one of the members are dating. Imagine how the whole dorm will be if they hear your story.” She rolled her eyes with a little laugh. She paused and smiled a relieved smile. “I just wanted to make sure, that’s all. Nice to meet you… Again.” She let out another laugh and I did too. “So what happened?”

I sighed and smiled. “It’s a really, really long story…”

She nodded slightly with a comforting smile.

“Girls, girls, girls!” Sooyoung peered in again. “It’s almost three. We need to hurry up and bring Jade to the stylists.”

I blinked and lowered my head. “Stylists?”

She pulled my arm without answering. “Hurry! Before we’re late!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Later

I was pushed over ‘till we reached to a dressing room that was covered with pink paint all over the walls.

“Really, Sooyoung,” I said. “What’s all this about?”

She pulled me over and pushed me directly into the middle of the room where a group of ive people were standing. A blondie walked towards me and touched a lock of my hair with a frown. She leaned back while scowling, “No, no, no, this certainly won’t do.”

I clenched one eye at the stranger. “I beg your pardon?”

“Terribly flaky hair, slouchy posture,” she said and lifted my chin, “and dreadfully uneven face.”

“W-What?” I gulped and cupped my face. “My face is uneven?” I asked in horror.

“Don’t worry~” Sooyoung patted my shoulder and smugged. “They’ll take care of that.”

…Why do I sense horror in those words?

One of the girls there grabbed me and seated me perfectly in their leather chair.  

“Um… Is this gonna hurt?” I asked as I eyed the tools that were spread out all over.

“Don’t worry,” Tiffany said, “Nana’s the best at hair styling, fashion designing, and facials.” She winked.

“FACIALS?!??” I squealed.

The blonde girl, Nana, stepped forward and eyed my complexion. I pursed my lips and leaned back in my chair, trying to prevent from another squeal.

“We’ll start with the hair,” she said; letting me let out a relieved sigh.

I blinked and turned to her.

“Um, miss… Nana?” I called out. “I’m not sure… But what exactly is to be done? And… what for?”

She spun around with a tray of styling utensils. “Don’t tell me you don’t know?” she rolled her eyes.

“Not really…”

She sighed dramatically and clipped up a lock of my hair.

“Your debut, silly.”

My eyes started to sparkle at the word. I keep forgetting that I was in for becoming the new member. Everything still felt like a dream.

I turned to Tiffany and Sooyoung who were on the couch, flipping through magazines.

“So… did you girls have to do this, too?” I asked them.

“Yep!” Sooyoung smiled brightly. “Everyone has to do it.”

“It’s all in creating one’s personality,” Nana said. I looked up at her and blinked. “It’s having a different vibe in-between the members in the group,” she continued. “You don’t think you could do it yourself, could you?” she chuckled.

I looked down and played with my fingers.

“So… what kind of style I’ve been assigned to?” I asked.

She looked at me and grinned. “You’ll see.”

“Aishh, what’re you so scared of?” Sooyoung put her hands on her hips and pushed me back down on the chair. “Just close your eyes, sit back, and it’ll be over before you know it.”

“Easy for you to say.” I grumbled. I could feel constant sounds of snapping scissors behind me, but still, with the mask spread on my face, the cucumber on my eyes, the two girls giving me pedicures and manicures… how the heck could I move?! T.T

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thirty minutes later…

“Sooyoung-ah, Tiffany,” Nana called them. I felt my chair spin around, and I saw the brightest look on Nana’s face—a look of satisfaction. “Walaaa~” she exclaimed and took off the cover of me, dusting it away.

Sooyoung walked forward and grinned. “Nana, you’re a genius.”

“No, no,” she protested. “I call it “Art”.” She smugged.

“Can the girls even tell this is Jade?” Tiffany mumbled as she moved in close to poke my nose.

“Ow!” I squirmed.

“Waaa…” Sooyoung smiled. “I’ve never seen you… like this before.”

Ok, just how far did they “re-designed” me?

I swirled around in my chair and faced the dressing table mirror. I touched my cheek and squished them with my palms and felt the powdery feel of makeup on my skin. But the most that left me speechless was my hair.

My brunette, LONG hair.

I grabbed a lock of it and pulled it up and down. Wasn’t it supposed to be a haircut? Then how on earth is my hair LONG?!??

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!”

_______________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter