Unanswered Questions, Revealed

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SNSD’s dorm

Jade’s POV

Throughout the whole day I’ve been clicking and typing, clicking and typing on my little, mini fishy laptop. I’d take some time off to rub my temples, but the only conclusion that came was a massive headache. Have you ever had a mental problem where something horrible comes up and you don’t know what to do except fall down and cry? Except I’d hold back my tears. Especially for someone who doesn’t deserve ‘em.

“Jade?” Tiffany peered in.

“Mhmm?” I mumbled an answer.

“It’s 7pm already and you’ve been stuck in front of the computer since we left practice.” She told me. I heard her footsteps coming closer and quickly shut the browser window. “What’s got you so hooked up?” she chuckled, trying to peek over my shoulder.

“Uh… Starcraft.” I replied with a smile.

“Don’t tell me Kyu’s got you addicted on that thing?” she crossed her arms while raising a brow.

I laughed awkwardly, “Guilty…”

She rolled her eyes and uncrossed her arms, “Come on,” she said as she leaned over and closed the laptop, “Jessica’s craving or Italian today. We’re heading downtown to eat. Let’s go.”

She waltzed over to the door, expecting me to follow. But I stayed glued to my seat and looked up, “Actually…” I trailed off slowly. “I’m… not really hungry.”

“Oh?”

“You girls go ahead,” I told her. “I’ll stay home.”

“Are you sure?” she asked me while blinking repeatedly. “Are you sick?”

“Um, no,” I shook my head and smiled. “I just have some things to do.”

She pursed her lips and tied her hands back, “Well, ok then…”

As soon as she walked out and closed the door behind her, my little smile faded. I inhaled deeply and swiveled my chair around, switching my laptop back on. The words SM Entertainment, CEO, and the name Lee Sooman were written everywhere on the browser. I felt as if my chest was being punched down by a hard rock or something.

I put my hands on my temples and rubbed them once more, over and over, to dismantle the migraine and throw them out. 

The hardest thing when you’re dealing with mental pain…

…is that you have to smile even when you’re hurt.

 

“Hello? Anybody home?”

I looked up from my laptop and turned my head to the direction of my closed door. A muffled voice was heard from outside the dorm along with a few knocks. I stood from my chair wondering who on earth would be knocking at the door during dinner time. I walked out and was standing right in front of our front door where there were still the sounds knocks. When I turned the door knob and opened the door, I was quite in for a surprise.

“Taecyeon-ssi,” I released a slight gasp.

He grinned, “Anyeong.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

On the table he spread on almost everything you could think of for a perfect dinner. I continued to smile as I sat down.

“So,” I said, “what brings you here?”

“To apologize?” he chuckled. “I’ve been MIA lately, haven’t I?”

It’s true, he was. But I guess I didn’t feel it because I myself hadn’t even called or texted him.

“Gwenchana,” I told him.

“And… the antis…” he trailed off.

“I’m fine.” I said and gave a little smile. “It’s ok.”

He nodded and leaned back in his seat to relax.

“So how’d you know I’m home today?” I asked as I took a bite out of my chicken Parmigianino.

“Oh, well…” he cleared his throat before answering. “Jessica used to stay home on days like today.”

I tilted my head. “Jessica?”

He scrunched his hair and rubbed his neck. “Where… is she anyway?” he asked.

My brows furrowed. “She and the girls all went out for dinner. I decided to stay home.” I said and he nodded as if understood. “Why?”

“Oh, nothing.” He shook his head.

“How’d you know what days she stays home anyways-”

I was asking him a question until he took something out from his pocket and held it in front of my face. A ring hung from the tips of his fingers. The question in my head faded away and disappeared right out from my head as soon I caught a glimpse of the gold band.

“What’s…” my voice trailed off and caught his sparkling eyes. “T-That’s-”

He chuckled once I started to stutter. “Don’t worry, I’m not proposing to you or anything, dork.” He laughed. My face flushed red at his comment. “I just saw this at the jewelry shop’s display window and thought it was pretty.” He took my hand and dropped the little sparkling ring onto my palm. “Here.”

I stared down at the piece of jewelry in my hand. Gold was never my type, but it seemed nice enough that someone was willing to give it to me. Anyways, it’s the thought that counts, right?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After a very wonderful dinner with Taecyeon I felt relieved—happy, even. All of my stressful thoughts went floating away. I even forgot that my dad was Lee Sooman, for goodness sakes. And that was a traumatic moment for me. But I couldn’t just let everything pass by just because I was happy then. I had to sort things out.

Quit being a trainee?

Run away?

Fly back to New York?

Or wait, how about California? I could live there.

Those were the thoughts that came flooding into my head. And once again, the migraine came back.

“Jade?”

I looked up from my laptop and saw Tiffany’s never-ending worry li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter