The Start Of A Trainee

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SJ’s Dorm

Jade’s POV

“JADE’S GONNA AUDITION FOR SM ENTERTAINMENT?!” Henry yelled excitedly. “THAT’S GREAT!” he leaped over to give me one big suffocating hug.

“Henry! Please! Have a limit to your hugs!” I squealed in his grasp.

With one grab on the collar, Heechul wheeled him away.

“That’s awesome! You’re part of the SM Family now!” Zhou Mi grinned.

I laughed nervously. “No, not yet… I still have the audition to go to.”

“Don’t worry, you’re definitely gonna pass.” Donghae patted my head.

“Thanks.” I smiled. “But thinking about it makes me queasy…” I winced and hugged myself.

“Just don’t think about it.” Sungmin told me. “Speaking of which, what’re you going to perform?” he asked.

I began to scratch my head. “Not sure, but I’ll think about it.”

“You know, to make it better, how about you play an instrument?”

“I-Instrument?” I gulped.

“Yea, it’ll make the performance better!” he said.

“B-But I…” I struggled between my words and stared at the floor. “I have no idea how to play… Any instrument.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you. It’ll be easy.” He assured me.

“W-Well… If you say so.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Sungmin, this is USELESS.” I hit my head on the keyboard and groaned.

“Well… Maybe piano’s not really your thing.” He said. “How about we try the guitar next?”

I shot my head back up with the most heartache face attached.

“You’re still practicing?” I heard a voice say. I looked up to see Ryeowook peeking in from the outside.   

“Sadly…” I groaned.

“Good luck then.” He said right before leaving.

Sungmin came forward and tossed one of his guitars over to me. I picked it up and he showed me how to hold it in a proper way. I failed, over and over. But there was no way I’m backing out.

I’m going to learn, even though the audition’s tomorrow.

 

“Here, take this.” He took out another of his guitar.

“What for?” I asked.

“This is one of my first guitars.” He showed me an old, brown one. It seemed to be bought a few years back, but the condition still seemed good. “Use this tomorrow for good luck, ok?” he smiled.

I smiled back and took it with my hand. “Ne. I’ll do my best.” I nodded. “Fighting!”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The Next Day

I practiced the cordings of the guitar ‘till three in the morning, but woke up from seven and is still standing in front of my closet, deciding on what to wear. I have to look good. Presentation is everything. Well, that’s what Heechul told me. Apparently that’s number two in the rule book.

“There has to be something good in here…” I mumbled to myself as I dugged inside my closet further.

I started tossing whatever I could find, onto my bed.

I grabbed one of the dresses I own and looked at it in the mirror.

“Too girly.” I shook my head and tossed it back on the bed.

I went and grabbed another one from the closet.

“Too dressy.”

 

As time flew by, my phone started ringing from under the bunch of clothing piles.

“Hello?” I answered lazily.

“Hey, are you at the building already?” Sungmin asked me.

“No, why?” I asked.

“ ‘Cause it’s like almost twelve in 20 minutes.”

“WHAT?!”

I leaped out of bed and hurried to put on whatever I could find. I’ve been too busy that I lost track of time!

“Well you better hurry.” Sungmin said.

“I am! I am!” I shouted constantly over the phone while trying to find something good to wear from the piles.

There was no time. I threw on whatever I could find and grabbed my guitar.

“Wait!”

I paused and grabbed my lucky Tinker Bell charm bracelet right before I left and hurried down to catch the bus. I was wearing a hoodie and a pair of jeans with a black cap on my head. It was waaay too casual. But, what to do?

 

I got off the bus and ran (and I mean, ran) inside the building like a speed of lightning.

“I’M HEREE!!” I announced as I slid inside the auditorium.

Three people exchanged glances at each other and threw dirty looks at me. I could see Miss Wang sitting right next to them and mouthing the words “Where have you been?”

I bowed and mouthed “Sorry.” at her.

“Jade Lee?” one of the men in suits called me.

“Y-Yes.” I nodded and stood up straight.

“Please, introduce yourself, dear.” Miss Wang said sweetly.

 

Heechul’s POV

“Quit squishing me!” I hissed from behind the rows of seats.

“Hey, I think I stepped on something.” Donghae said.

“Ow! That was my foot, you idiot!” Eunhyuk squealed.

“Whoops.”

“Shh!” both Sungmin and Henry shushed them.  

The five of us, me, Sungmin, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Henry were right behind the rows of seats, just up above; high enough to see the whole auditorium

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter