Filling In For Sulli

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

“OH MY GOSH.” I fell off the couch once I saw what was in my hands. 

I zoomed into my room to get ready as fast as I could and grabbed whatever I see first inside the closet and put it on. (Jade’s outfit)

I called in Hyorin and told her that I was taking another day off. I didn’t hesitate at all to rush towards SME’s building where I knew that the twelve of them were busy rehearsing for the upcoming Super Show.

 

I took the bus and arrived within minutes. With my hand clutched onto my backpack, I scurried into the building and up the elevator and ran towards the practice room.

“KIM HEECHUL!!!!!”

I barged inside, causing Henry to yelp and leap towards Zhou Mi once he saw my anger flaming about. From the right side of the practice room, Heechul smirked, as if expecting it already.

“You!” I marched up and grabbed him by the collar. “Do you want me to kill you?!”

His expression was calm and rather relaxed.

“How does ‘being nice’ gets me killed?” he asked.

I stepped back and shoved the tickets over to him. “Here.”

“But-”

“No ‘Buts’!” I put a finger to his lips. “I told you I wanna raise the money myself! Stop being selfish!”

“How is it that I’m being selfish??” he whined.

The rest of the guys watched as our argument continued on. Leeteuk was the only one brave enough to come forward and pull us apart like a bunch of cats in a fight.

“O-Ok, ok, settle down now!” he stepped in-between. “Can’t you two ever get along?” he sighed.

“NO!” me and Heechul shouted at the same time.

“Well at least explain what happened.” Leeteuk said.

I waved the tickets in front of him. “I woke up in the morning and found THIS.”

He took it from my hand and raised a brow. “SS3 tickets?”

Heechul sighed and began to explain. “Look, the reason Jade’s been so hyped up about working three jobs is all because of that.”

My eyes widened in horror. “I-I told you not say anything!” I yelled. He just shrugged and crossed his arms.

Little coughs were heard from the other side of the room, as the guys tried their best to hold in their laughter. I scowled and pouted as Heechul smirked in victory.

“You worked three part-time jobs?” Leeteuk glared at me.

Oh crud…

I let out a nervous laugh and avoided eye contact.

“Jade Miina Lee, do you KNOW how crazy that is?!” he practically screamed into my ear with his loud babbling.

“T-Teukie-ah… Hold on.” I smiled convincingly, trying to calm him down.

“Because of THAT you worked your off?!?”

I swear, his head was about to explode. He slapped his forehead and finally managed to ease himself and calm down.

“See, now this is why I told you to zip your mouth.” I glared at Heechul.

Leeteuk sat down on the plastic white chair and gulped down his bottled water.

“S-So, um… I should be heading for work now…” I nervously walked towards the door.

“NOT ONE STEP.” Leeteuk stopped me, holding his hand up.

Shoot.

I spun around. “C-Come on! I have, like, ten kids waiting for me at the Day Care Center!” I said.

He paid no attention to my words and just signaled me to step back inside the room. I slumped my shoulders and listened. I glanced at Heechul and managed to mouth the words ‘I hate you’. He smirked and watched as I made my way back towards Leeteuk.

“Listen, if working yourself to death like this, then I’m not even gonna allow you to come to the Super Show.” Leeteuk told me with a serious look in his eyes.

I shot my head up and accidentally yelled. “What?!”

The rest watched with amusement, as if we were hosting a drama on set.

“Leeteuk-ah!” I whined, looking up to him.

“If not even caring about yourself anymore just for the Super Show how is that right?”

I was put to silent by his words. Shindong and Eunhyuk couldn’t help but lean in closer to hear.

“She almost fainted at the café…” Heechul mumbled.

Leeteuk glanced at him, then back to me. “Have you been eating your medicines?” he asked.

I gulped and faced away. He gave out a look, as if to say ‘I thought so’.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Later

Once the lecture with Leeteuk was over, I left their practice room with droopy shoulders and sat outside; slumping down on the ground and leaning on the white walls of the hallway.

I sighed and threw my head back.

I thought I was doing the right thing. I thought that by doing it would help me. But Leeteuk’s right. I’ve been too caught up that I’ve completely forgotten about my daily medicines.

“How can you expect me to be happy if this is what my E.L.F. does? Let herself be sick? This isn’t how it’s supposed to be.”

My stomach lurched as I remembered his exact words right before I left. I don’t even think I can head to work like this.

I took my phone out from my backpack and began to dial Ms. Park from the Day Care Center and Mrs. Shin from the Pet shop; carefully pulling myself away and cancelling them both.

“Are you sure, dear?” Ms. Park asked me over the phone. “ ‘Cause the kids seem to obviously take a liking to you compared to the past I’ve seen.” She said.

“As much as I’d love to, I have quit.” I said sadly.

After the call ended, I hurried to dial Mrs. Shin, next.

Once the calls were over, I tossed my phone back and stared at it numbly and let out a sigh.

The sound of footsteps appeared all of a sudden. I held my head up, glancing above me, only to see a familiar, tall figure walking towards with hands in his pockets and eyes with a hint of guilt in them.

My eyes trailed off and wandered away from his.

After a minute of silence, he finally spoke. “You ok?”

I nod my head down and avoided eye contact.

“Fine.” I replied coldly.

He crouched down beside me and opened his mouth to relieve a little sigh out. “Sorry…”

I looked up to him for a moment, then back down to the ground.

“It’s not your fault… You were just trying to help.” I said. I let out a deep sigh, closed my eyes and leaned against the wall. “Man… Who knew the Super Show could be so troublesome.”

Heechul just shrugged and leaned against the wall as well, resting his head on mine.

I glanced at him and raised a brow. “Yah.” I pushed his head away and glared. “What’s wrong with you?”

“What, I’m tired! I’ve been rehearsing for almost four hours, if you didn’t know.” He whined. “And I still haven’t finished yet…” he sighed.

“What do you mean?” I asked. “I thought practice just ended.” I said, looking at my watch.

“Not for me.” He shook his head. “I still have to rehearse for my solo with Sulli.”

I nodded and tossed my phone into my backpack. All of a sudden he stared at me with a little sneaky look in his eyes. I leaned back and arched my brow. “What?”

“Can you help with a little something?” he asked sweetly.

“What?” I asked, being a bit reserved.

“Well Sulli said that she’s busy with her rehearsal with f(x), and she doesn’t know if she can drop by in time.” He began.

I didn’t know where he was getting at, but I played along and listened.

“And how can I help?”

__________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter