Because Of A Super Show

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

I stepped back and cupped my mouth. From inside the voyager, Heebum looked up to us with eyes wondering what was going on. I bit my lower lip and eased back, slowly.

As expected, a smirk appeared on Heechul’s face.

“So that’s what you’ve been so hyped up about.” he said. I quickly looked away. “Aish, jinja…” he sighed. “Jade, look up.” He commanded. I ignored him and pursed my lips. “Yah, look at me.” He flicked my forehead.

“D-ow!” I winced, clenching my eyes. He leaned near with his eyes looking straight into mine.

“Can you see me?” he asked.

“Yes. I’m not blind.” I said sarcastically.

“Do you know who I am?” he asked with a hint of sarcasm. “Unless you have Amnesia.”

I sighed and knew exactly what he was trying to point out.

“Whatever. I need to work…” I walked pass him and towards the cat cages to began the cleaning duties.

“Seriously.” He leaned on the counter. “You’re just gonna ignore me like that?”

I didn’t turn back to look at him at all.

“Really, you’re not gonna say anything?” he walked over and stood beside me as I crouched down to open one of the cages.

“It wouldn’t be called ‘Silent Treatment’ if I talk to you now, would it?” I replied sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes.

“So, what now? You want me to just leave?” he asked. “Look, what’s so bad about me finding out anyway?”

I stood up and faced him with the dirty litter box in hand. My face was serious, while he leaned back and pinched his nose to avoid breathing in the toxic smell.

“You know, everything would’ve gone fine if you haven’t have stalked me in the first place.” I said, walking towards the garbage can and throwing the dirty sand in.

“I thought you had a kid!” he flailed his arms impatiently.

“Well have you ever thought how stupid the idea sounded?!” I yelled.

“Well, I just… wanted to make sure if everything was ok…” he said. His face turned gloomy, and he wasn’t looking at me eye-to-eye anymore.

Oh great, what have I done…

“Heechul, s-sorry…” I apologized. “I didn’t mean to-”

“No, no, it’s ok.” He eased back slowly. “I get it. You don’t want me here.” He grabbed Heebum’s voyager from the counter and began to walk. “See ya.”

“H-Hey, hold up.” He was halfway to opening the door ‘till I grabbed his hand that was carrying the voyager.

He turned around and faced me with an icy glare. I stepped back an inch and pulled my hand away and hid it behind my back.

“Sorry…” I pouted.

His eyes widened. “Y-Yah, since when were you good at Agyeo?” he asked.

“It’s not hard when your best friend’s the King.” I smugged and skipped over to the counter.

He pulled his hand away from the door and followed me. I let out a heavy sigh before I spoke.

“Look, I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to blow up like that.”

He pursed his lips and thought about it for a moment. I waited impatiently with my hand twirling the edge of my shirt.

“Apology accepted.” He smugged.

I let out a soft chuckle at how easy and forgiving he was.

“So. Are you gonna carry on with the job?” he asked. “I mean, really. You could just-”

“No, no.” I immediately stopped him. “I can do it myself.”

“You sure?” he raised a brow. “You do know I can just call Mr. Lee, and…”

“N-No!” I flailed my arms. He smirked at my reaction. “Andwe. I’m buying the tickets myself, and neither you, or the guys, are gonna help me. Got it?” I warned him.

“Suit yourself.” He shrugged and left the store without another word.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The Next Day

“Hey, Jade!”

I cringed at the voice as he walked inside the store.

“K-Kim Heechul! What are you doing here?!” I hissed and dropped the broom I was holding.

“Heebummie needs a check-up.” He held the voyager in his hands.

“Are you sure you’re not the one who needs a check-up?” I arched an eyebrow. He shrugged his shoulders. I sighed and glared at him. “Back to the dorm. NOW.” I pointed out the door.

He pouted for a moment and refused to go. But finally, after I shot another glare, he left.

I slapped my forehead and sighed once more. This dude is not gonna stop bugging me until I agree to have him offer me the tickets.

No. I’m not gonna give in.

 

Few minutes later…

 

To my surprise when he walked in once more with Heebum.

“Heechul, I’m trying to work here!” I whined.

“But I need your help! Really!” he sounded convincing this time. I sighed and stopped whatever I was doing.

I finally gave in. “Ok, what is it?”

He put Heebum’s voyager on the counter and I peeked in.

“He keeps lounging around and coughing.” he told me.

Once he said that, Heebum coughed. He really did look sick.

I started to panic. “B-But the doctor’s not in.”

“Well, can you just check and see if he’s ok?”

“Alright, let’s settle him at the back.” I said and grabbed the voyager with me. Heechul slid behind the counter and followed.

I took Heebum out and sat him on the metal table. I wasn’t really trained for it. Well, not as a Veterinarian. I was hired as a clean-up girl, for goodness sakes!

“Heebum-ah, gwenchana?” I asked and touched his head. “Did Heebum happen to throw up or something?” I asked Heechul as I examined Heebum’s mouth. It was stenched as if he ate something bad.

“Well…” Heechul thought. “I did catch him eating something from the garbage can.” He said as he re-called.

“Garbage can?”

“It could’ve been that he ate Kyuhyun’s attempt on lasagna the other day.”

“Kyuhyun cooked? When?” I asked, raising one brow.

“A couple of days ago.” He shrugged.

“Remind me to be thankful that I wasn’t there.” I said. I turned back to Heebum and carried him in my arms. “The poor baby… He must’ve gotten food-poisoned.”

“With Kyuhyun’s cooking, who wouldn’t?” Heechul rolled his eyes.

“Well I remember what Dr. Choi told me about food poisoning for animals.” I said.

I put Heebum back down on the metal table and skipped over to the shelves.

“It has to be one of these…” I muttered as I went through all the labels.

I went to gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter