Deal with the Devil

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul’s POV

I couldn’t believe what I was doing while I was sorting out all the fan mail in the big brown cardboard box. I had been doing it since morning, and had only sorted two hundred out of five. I picked up a bunch from inside the box, browsed through, then put aside all of Kyuhyun’s while tossing the others onto the floor.

Finally, I threw them all away, my side, and lied on the floor. It was cold, even through the sweater I was wearing was three inches thick.

I heard the door open. It was probably one of the guys. I continued to lie on the floor—until I heard Kyuhyun’s voice, and I jumped back up, continuing to sort the mail.

“I’m back~!” he sang, and he seemed to be in a good mood.

When he reached the living room, he paused, looked at me, then to the sorted mail. Something crossed his face. Guilt?

“Wow. You’re slow,” he said. I looked up at him and gritted my teeth into a plastic smile and then went back to sorting the mail without another word.

He let me continue and left the room. When I was finally alone, I threw the stacks in the air, letting all the mail fly above my head, then kicking my feet and thrashing my arms.

Dash it. Was I, Kim Heechul, really going to kiss the feet of someone younger? Heck no.

But then again…

I heard Kyuhyun’s footsteps, and I hurried to gather all the mail. I wondered if this was even worth it as I continued to pick out Kyuhyun’s mail out of all the others.

“Still not done yet?” Kyuhyun entered the living room, already changed into black sweatpants and a grey sweater.

I looked up. “Hey, that’s my sweater!”

“Well, I like it,” he said smugly, and I couldn’t say anything about it, so I clamped my mouth shut and dug my nails into the mail, accidentally crushing them in-between my palms.

Suddenly he was next to me. “Come on,” he said, and he started taking half of the mail.

We sorted in silence, him not even feeling the bit of anger and awkwardness that was coming from me.

“Hey,” he said, after a long silence had passed.

I didn’t look up, and just nudged my head, signaling for him to carry o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter