The Tenth Member

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

Sooyoung grabbed my hand and pulled me in, shouting out so the whole room could hear her. There were about four people, girls, staring at me with a lost look in their eyes. Two, had eager looks on their faces. I looked up from my feet to see Taeyeon, Seohyun, Yuri…

…and Jessica.

My mind went blank and all I could do was stutter out a little “Hi” with one hand up, slightly.

No one bothered to sound out. All, except one.

“Hi there!” Taeyeon rushed forward, taking my hand and shaking it. “I’m Taeyeon. Pleasure to meet you!” she grinned, showing her pearly-white teeth that seemed more like shimmering diamonds to me.

“Taeyeon, why do you have to introduce yourself? She probably knows already.” Yuri said from the couch. There was a slight coldness in her voice, but I tried to avoid it.

I nodded in response to her saying towards Taeyeon.

“I know. Don’t worry.” I said politely. Then I noticed four figures coming out from each room and peeking over at us.

“Girls, come over here!” Taeyeon gestured, waving at them.

There I saw Yoona, Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Tiffany walking over. All of them came and gathered in the middle of the living room. Some had blur expressions, some had smiles, and some… just had scowls.

My head was seriously clouded with so many things at that moment. The fact whether did I get the wrong door, or if Mr. Park filed a mistake, or was I just the one who was thinking too much?

To cut the silence, I bowed respectfully in front of the nine beautful girls and smiled.

“Anyeong haseyo, Jade Lee imnida.”

I captured a look from Tiffany. Her brows suddenly shot up with curiosity; while Hyoyeon’s mouth dropped open, and a smile formed.

“Jade!” she exclaimed with a grin and came forward. “I can’t believe it. You’re the new trainee?” she asked.

I nodded in response while smiling.

“Yea, why didn’t you tell us?” Sooyoung asked.

I shrugged. “I don’t know.” I said and shook my head. “Mr. Park didn’t tell me anything.”

“Hold it.” Yuri raised her hand to pause. “You girls… know each other?” she asked with one brow raised as she pointed at the three of us.

“Mhmm!” Sooyoung nodded eagerly without hesitating.

I expected a scary remark to come from Jessica or something like always, but out of the nine, the most that caught my attention was Tiffany. She wouldn’t stop eyeing me, as if there was something she was looking for.

“So, Jade,” Taeyeon disturbed me. “How old are you?”

“I’m gonna be twenty.” I replied; thus, earning myself a glare from Seohyun.

I didn’t understand what the wrong was, but when Taeyeon patted my shoulder, announcing to everyone, “Girls’ Generation have a new maknae!” I could see the green in her eyes starting to light up.

The little introduction finished there and Sooyoung and Hyoyeon came to help me with my luggage.

“It’s ok, I can do it.” I said to them as I carried it all the way.

Taeyeon then came forward. “You’ll be rooming with Tiffany.” She told me.

I nodded and bowed with my luggage. “Arasso.”

I walked towards down their little hall, much like the one in the guys’ dorm, and dragged my luggage with me along with my backpack. The place seemed quiet for a while. I wondered where all the girls went.

Probably back to their rooms. I told myself.

I came to a white door, the one Taeyeon pointed at, and pushed it open with a twist of the bronze knob. Inside was brightly lit with two single beds, and an empty corner around the second bed. I assumed that the first one was probably Tiffany’s. It had pink all over, but it seemed to be toned down slightly with a hint of black and preppy style. I walked towards my empty bed and plopped my backpack down while looking around the place. The room wasn’t too big, nor too small. It seemed just a bit bigger than my old room back at the guys’ dorm.

So this is Tiffany’s room. I thought in my head.

Of course, as a fan, I’d always wondered how their dorm would look like. Remember the moment when I first entered Eunhyuk’s room and I became slightly jumpy.

Ok, maybe more than ‘slightly’.

I gave out a slight sigh after I finished touring the room.

“Waeyo?” a voice appeared. “Don’t like it?”

I spun around to see Jessica leaning on the wall near the door with her arms crossed; not even a smile since I first came in.

“Aniyo,” I replied quickly. “It’s… nice.”

She eyed me. “Then what’s with the sighs then?” she asked with a little hint of doubt.

I looked down and wanted to reply, until Taeyeon called.

Jessica looked over her shoulder, then back to me. “Kaja.” She gestured and walked out. Seeing her face to face and getting to see the way she acts off-camera, makes me realize how different she was. She was nothing like the girly girl I saw on TV.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter