Step To The Beat Of My Heart

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

“I got an offer by YG to be Taeyang’s dance partner!” I looked at Yoona, smiling widely.

gapped into a huge grin.

“Oh my gosh!” she skipped over to give me a hug. She parted away and held both my hands. “Congratz! You’re gonna have your first appearance soon!”

I couldn’t help but grin wider while holding on tight of the letter.

“Whoa, what’s the commotion?”

The two of us looked up to see Sooyoung and Hyoyeon walking in. After giving them the low down about the letter, they couldn’t be more happier for me. I left the dorm after that to head on over to the guys’ dorm to surprise them with the big news.

You could just tell what happened after I told Donghae.

“HAE… I can’t… BREATHEEE…” I squealed in his grasps. He put me back down, and I mean put me back down on the floor where my feet could touch the actual ground.

“So when is it?” Henry asked me eagerly.

“It’s this Tuesday for Live Power Music.” I said.

“Same as us.” Sungmin grinned.

“After the show we’re celebrating, arasso?” Siwon winked as he pulled me into a one armed hug. I squinted one eye as he pulled me closer and squished me. In my head I didn’t know what to think, except that I had to be the most luckiest girl in the world.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Later

“One… Two…” I counted the steps to the dance while carefully gliding my feet across the practice room. “A-Ah!”

My right foot slipped and once more it sent me tumbling down on the hard floor. I clenched my eyes and groaned for the fifth time. It would’ve been easier if Taeyang was nice enough to drop by and help. But instead, here I am in SME’s practice room, practicing alone. This is a couple dance, for goodness sakes!

I sat down on the floor to grab my laptop inside my backpack. I opened it and played the dance version of I Need A Girl over and over and watched carefully at Dara’s steps in the choreography. But it was useless. No matter how hard I try, I just can’t do it.

When the video ended, I played it one more time to see what I can improve. It was the heels that slowed me down. It kept on sliding under my feet, making me trip for how many times already.

I continued to watch the video and observed Dara’s movement. Her body was smooth and slender and it made the choreography more beautiful. Dancing with Taeyang would probably be as if me being in Dara’s place.

Dang, how the heck am I gonna do that?

It was obvious that she was the beautiful Sandara Park in 2NEI. Compared to me I was still just a trainee. Seriously, how was I gonna live up to the audience’s expectations as they did when they saw Dara?

I could already imagine it. Being hated by the crowd when I get even the slightest step wrong. Not to mention that some fans can sometimes be like scary eagles that pecks you ‘till you give up. And they dislike newcomers, especially ones that would place in a spot of their beloved idol.

“Gahhh! How on earth am I gonna do this?” I groaned and ruffled my hair intensely. I stopped to pause for a second to touch my hair. Dara’s was long, but mine was only ‘till my shoulders. I shook my head and winced. But I glanced back down at the video and my spirits rose a bit. “Then I’ll just have to be the best Dara.” I encouraged myself with full determination.

I stood back up from the floor and put my laptop away. Once more I stood in front of the huge wall mirror and started from Dara’s body wave movement. Then step to the right, then one foot out, and…

“A-AHH!”

Not again…

The heels slid on the ground as I was about to twirl. It was obvious that the guy had to support the girl on the waist. I knew, then, why they consider it as a couple dance. Or else this is what you’ll end up with.

“That’s it.” I swore to myself as I took off the black heels and throwing that out with a bam!

“OW!!”

My eyes widened. I glanced out the door to see a figure walking in, rubbing his head.

“Is this yours?” Heechul held the shoe up in his hand while glaring down at me.

I laughed nervously. “S-Sorry…”

He walked in and handed my shoe back and rubbed his head, hoping there won’t be a bruise before the big concert this Tuesday. And I on the other hand, had to get the dance steps right unless I wanna croak on that day.

“What’re you doing?” he asked.

I sighed. “Practicing?”

“Alone?” he arched a brow as he bent down to sit on the floor with me.

“Can’t do anything about it.” I shrugged. “Taeyang’s busy with his promotions and he couldn’t squeeze in time.”

“Psh, what a star.” He scoffed, rolling his eyes. “Why’re you doing it anyway?”

“Why not?” I shrugged, observing the high heel shoe in my hand.

At that moment I saw him turning away, mumbling, “You really wanna make Taec angry?”

I spun my head around. “What?”

He looked at me and sighed, shaking his head.

“You know. You… and Taeyang?”

I blinked. “Yea? So?”

He hit my head.

“Ow! What was that for?!” I yelled.

“Don’t be an idiot and make your boyfriend jealous.” He warned.

I blushed with my hands over my head, preventing him from hitting me again. “H-He’s not my boyfriend!”

 

Heechul’s POV

The words kept ringing in my ear, exce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter