Audition

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

“Kim Heechul, I REFUSE!!!” I shouted at the top of my lungs.

“Oh, come on! Why not?” he pouted.

“NO!!”

“But-”

“Find someone else to do it for you!” I yelled constantly.

The rest at the table watched as our argument began.

“Look.” I said in a serious tone. “I am not, I repeat, not gonna wear a wig and disguise as Sulli just because of your solo!!”

“Pshh. I know deep down you want to.” He crossed his arms and smugged.

“NO!! I do not want to get mobbed by hardcore Sullians for pretending to be her!” I yelled.

“Wait, hold on.” Sungmin calmed the atmosphere and put his hand on my shoulder. “Maybe… Jade doesn’t need to pretend as Sulli.”

I arched a brow. “What’re you talking about?” I asked suspiciously.

“I’m saying…” he began. “That maybe, you could just be her replacement.”

The table was silent for a few seconds.

“Heh?” I raised a brow and wondered what he meant.

“Look, here’s the thing. You,” he pointed at me. “Replace Sulli for the solo.”

My eyes bulged. “HECK NO!” I slapped his hand away.

“You know, that’s not a bad idea.” Leeteuk said while rubbing his chin.

I glanced at him with eyes wide in panic. “H-Huh??”

“Well,” he began; a smirk forming on his lips. “You did say that you wanted to go to the Super Show…”

 

Oh shoot.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Later

“Look, Jade,” Heechul started as I walked out of the restaurant. “All I’m asking is for you to be my partner for, like, three minutes!”

I turned around and gave him a big fat “NO.”

“Oh, come on!” he whined and followed me as I walked towards the bus stop.

“Heechul, listen.” I said, turning around and facing him eye-to-eye. “I’m not a star.” I began. “I’m not a singer, I’m not a model, I’m not Sulli!” I cried out.

“But you know you wanna be one.” He cut me off with a straight face and made me silent. I couldn’t help but agree on what he just said.

My eyes darted away from his and looked to the right.

“Come on.” He sounded. “One show.” He signaled with his finger.

I looked back up with grieving eyes. As much as I wanted to, I know I couldn’t.

“No.” I finally answered and turned my heels to sit on the bus stop bench.

I heard his footsteps following from behind as he sat down next to me. There was a sudden smirk on his face as he leaned over. “Come on…” he tried to persuade me again. He touched a lock of my hair and whispered in my ear a little bit seductively. “Please?”

I was determined to give him a punch on the face right then and there. Why I oughta…

But at a distance I noticed a couple of figures walking towards our way. My gulped and quickly pulled down Heechul’s blue cap.

“H-Hey, what the-” he squirmed, but I shushed him and told him to be silent. He looked at me and wondered what I was trying to do. I pulled his head down and plastered his face close to mine. His eyes were glued to me, but I was glancing away, watching.

Few people passed by, including a couple in their late 20s. The girl giggled and glanced down at us, and I swear I heard her mumble to her boyfriend, “Aww.. What a cute couple.”

Somebody. Shoot me now.

Once they passed, I pushed Heechul’s head away from mine and groaned in disgust.

“Ow! You’re too rough!” he complained and re-adjusted his cap. “What was that about anyway?”

“What?” I glared at him.

“Well it seemed like you were gonna-” he paused and suddenly became tongue-tied. “N-Never mind.” He looked away.

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes. “You mister, should be more careful when going out in public.” I said. “Those people might’ve recognized you!”

He shrugged and pictured it as no big deal.

“So are you gonna help me?” he changed the subject.

I held my head up and glared at him. “NO.” I said it once more.

“Ok. Why?” he demanded for an answer.

“Because!” I started, flailing my arms up. But I paused and thought about it and just sighed.

“Because you say you’re not Star Material?” he guessed.

I didn’t dare to look up.

A knock on my head hit me. “D-ow!” I winced.

“You’re an idiot.” He said. “Do you know how hard it is for people to get this kind of opportunity?”

I hate it when he’s right.

“And you’re gonna give up. Just like that?” he continued.

I pursed my lips as he began to annoy me with a lecture.

After minutes of silence, he gave up. “Fine then.”

He stood up from the bench and took something out from his left pocket.

“Here.” He handed me a piece of folded paper. “In case you change your mind.” He said turned to walk back to the restaurant.

I tucked the paper inside my pocket and sighed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I arrived back and opened the front door of my apartment. The moment at the restaurant still lingered in my mind.

I took off my jacket and tossed in on the couch and lay down. I started to ruffle my hair uncontrollably. My hair was definitely starting to look like a mess. I was a mess. All the way home, all I could think about was the Super Show, the solo, the ‘opportunity’. But heck. I’m not gonna do it. I’m not.

Right?

Pshhh. No way!

I groaned and stared at the ceiling.

First, why was I refusing anyway?

It’s because I was scared, that’s what. I’m a stupid, idiotic, coward.

But what I told Heechul was right. I’m not Star Material. How could I audition for something as big as SM Entertainment? Sure, I’ve dreamt about it once. But it was just a dream!

And now it’s reality…

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter