The Pros And Cons

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

“Yah,”

I turned around at the voice; then came a bag of heavy laundry piled on top of me. “Oof!”

“Since you’re going down to the laundry, take care of this for me, would ya?” Haerin winked; tossing her hair back before turning around and jumping on her bed.

With her actions like that, there was no way I could refuse. So I it in, breathed, and exhaled slowly as I went out of the room with two bags of laundry in hand.

I walked out of the room and down the hallway and felt myself hitting a bump.

“S-Sorry!” I quickly apologized. Someone peeked at me from behind the bags I was holding and smiled. “Leeteuk!” I exclaimed with a bright grin. Was I glad to see him.

“There you are. I thought you’d be in your room.” He said.

“Nah, I’m on my way to shove mine and Haerin’s laundry down at the washroom.” I rolled my eyes, pointing at the bags in hand.

“She’s making you send her laundry?” he sighed. I just shrugged. “Well, anyways, I came by to ask if you’d wanna hang with me. Gonna go check out a few places.” He said.

“Oh, sure. I’ll send these first and I’ll meet you guys at the lobby.” I said and walked away to settle the bags first.  

Once that was done, I head into my room to grab my jacket. I opened the door and saw Eunmi on her laptop and Haerin doing her nails on her bed. Without a word, I rushed inside and took my dark blue jacket out from my suitcase.

Eunmi’s eyes trailed over to me.

“Jade?” she called as I was halfway to the door. “Where’re you going?” she asked.

Shoot.

I turned around swiftly and smiled. “J-Just gonna grab some fresh air.”

“Oh, ok then.” She smiled and focused back on her laptop.

I walked out and closed the door behind me; puffing my cheeks out in relief. I rode down the elevator, and within seconds I arrived down at the brightly-lit lobby, I noticed Leeteuk hailing me over from the dark sofa with…

…Heechul?!

“What’re you doing here?!” our voice echoed at the same time.

“What is he doing here?!” I asked Leeteuk.

Heechul leaned back while crossing his arms. “He asked me to accompany him. Why?” he raised a brow suspiciously.

I turned to Leeteuk and frowned. “I thought it was just the two of us!”

I looked back at Heechul and scowled. Ruffling my short hair, I put on my jacket and followed Leeteuk out as he went to hail a cab without answering a word I said. One cab stopped Leeteuk sat in the front; leaving me and Heechul at the back. To ignore the fact that the Diva was there, I asked Leeteuk where he was heading.

“Sankeien Japanese Garden.” He answered, looking down into his Sighting book.

I nodded and remembered reading about the place on the internet when I was looking up Yokohama.

“Oh, and later we can visit the Hill Park.” He added.

“Hill Park?” I asked, tilting my head to the side. He nodded and showed me his sighting book. “Harbor View Hill Park.” I read with the book in my hand. “This park sits atop a hill and features a raised platform that affords a breathtaking view of Yokohama Bay and the harbor. During the day, visitors to the park can watch ships pass in and out of the harbor, or spend time walking through the park’s renowned rose gardens. After sunset, the park becomes a romantic destination for couples who come out to enjoy one of the best nighttime views of the blue-lit Bay Bridge.”

I cringed my nose and raised a brow after I finished reading.

“Leeteuk-ah,” I whined. “This is a dating spot. Why’re we going there?” I pouted.

“Oh, come on. It’ll be fun. I heard it’s supposed to be one of the most romantic spots of all of Yokohama.” He winked.

I pursed my lips and handed his book back. “Arasso…” I gave in.

I could see Heechul making gagging faces whenever Leeteuk explained how ‘Lovey Dovey’ the place was. Well, I’d be lying if I say I didn’t feel the same way. As Leeteuk droned on and on about it, me and Heechul exchanged glances as we both stared back at him.

The cab was pulled to a corner and stopped. Leeteuk paid the driver and the three of us walked out. I looked around the place. There weren’t many people, thank goodness.

“Kaja.” Leeteuk hailed me as we continued to walk towards the place.

Once we entered, I couldn’t believe my eyes. My jaw dropped instantly at one glance. The place was huge. As huge as a golf course, even. When you walk in it’s as if you’ve entered another place.

Trees were everywhere. Flowers… A lake… Even little houses that seemed like you were in the old times in Japan. Seeing it all completely brought you back in time. There were forest trails and even hiking spots.

As I looked around, I saw a few people entering with cameras in their hands. They were a foreign family of four; smiling at the beauty of the place.

“Jamie,” the man called the little brunette girl. “Take a picture of me and mommy, would you?”

“Yea, dad.” The girl smiled as she took the camera from him.

As I continued to observe them, a smile crept up on my face. It was as if I was watching a replay of the past. Me, mom, dad, and Jason altogether during our holiday vacations.

“Jade,” I heard Heechul call me. “Come on.” He nod his head towards to where Leeteuk was heading.

I snapped back to really and shook my head. “Oh, uh, yea.”

He peeked at what I was glancing at. “What were you looking at?” he asked with both hands in his pockets.

“Oh, nothing…” I assured him.  

He nodded and pulled me over as we walked down the lane and near the lake.

“So,” I began, getting rid of the silence. “What made you decide to come?” I asked.

“You mean here?” he pointed. “Well, why not?” he asked, looking out the view.

“Obviou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter