New Couple Rising

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jade’s POV

My first time training and I was a nervous wreck. But soon enough I got the hang of it. As much as I loved dancing, it wasn’t my strong point. Though I had a good time with Jenny, SM Entertainment’s choreographer. She helped me a lot with the bending and stretching to make sure I wouldn’t hurt myself afterwards.

When the clock hit 2:30 I was done for the day. I bowed and thanked her, then left the practice room with my bag slung over my shoulder. I scrambled inside my bag to take out my phone and dialed Taecyeon.

“Hey, I just finished practice.” I said over the phone and I waited for his response. “Oh, ok then. I’ll see you in a half an hour.”

I parted the phone from my ear and ended the call. I looked down at my bag to open the zipper when a bump hit me; ‘causing my phone to slip away, falling down to the ground.

“Sorry!” the person in front of me apologized.

“No worries.” I said as I bent down to grab my phone, and so did he. That’s when I looked up and my stutters came.

“H-Hongki-“ I squeaked. “L-L-Lee Hongki.”

“Oh, Jade!” he smiled, grinning at me.

Could this be a dream? I asked myself.

“W-What’re you doing here?” I asked him nervously.

“Waeyo?” he asked, passing my phone over. “You’re not happy to see me?” he teased.

“N-N-N-N-No! I-I just, i-if you’re looking for Heechul, he’s-”

“Nah, I’m not looking for him.” He shook his head and waved a hand. “I was checking to see if you were here. He said you have practice today so I thought I’d drop by.”

My mouth hung open.

Lee Hongki. The Lee Hongki was looking for ME.

“W-Well,” I tried not to sound too excited. “Is there… anything you need?”

He slid his hands in his pockets and gestured me with his head. “How about we grab a drink?”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The two of us sat inside a small, warm café and was waiting for our drinks to come. Hongki was sitting casually across the table while I was practically shaking intensely. Well, not shivering, just… excited. Too excited, to be exact. For goodness sakes, I was sitting down for a drink with FT Island’s Lee Hongki!

But I couldn’t help but ask…

“So, was there anything you needed?”

He shook his head. “Not really.” He said as he leaned back in his chair. The waiter then came with our drinks and placed them on the table. “I just thought it’d be cool for us to hang out. I mean, we rarely get to do that.”

“Hmm, and I wonder who’s to blame.” I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, come on, you can’t be too hard on Heechul. I mean, he is your fangirl crush.” He said with a smirk.

I was sipping my drink when I started coughing all of a sudden. I put my drink down and stuttered, “W-What?? Who told you that???”

“Doesn’t everybody know?” he said with a little tease. I gulped and avoided eye contact for a few minutes. “So…” he continued. I looked up to see a smirk on his face. “Who is it?” he asked.

I blinked. “Who’s who?”

“Well,” he said, leaning back. “Between me and him.” He said. “Who’d you prefer more?”

I was thankful that I wasn’t holding my drink or I bet it would’ve fallen down on the floor by now.

“W-W-What?” I stuttered, as if I didn’t hear him clearly. He tilted his head down, waiting patiently for my answer. I started to laugh. “Oh, come on. You’d probably know the answer.”

“Not really.” He shook his head.

I started to do light breathings to calm myself down.

“So?” he waited. I played with the corner of my shirt and thought long and hard on what to answer. He sat there patiently and kept on waiting, and wouldn’t give up ‘till I give him a straight answer.

“T-To be honest…” I hesitated, rubbing my neck. “I knew Heechul first, so…”

“It’s ok, I get it.” He smiled, leaning back on the chair once again with full satisfaction on his face. “But then…” he hesitated while touching the rim of his glass cup. “…why did you go out with Taecyeon?”

“Oh…” I looked down nervously and felt myself blushing. “You heard?”

He adjusted himself in his seat and waited for me to go on.

I pursed my lips and let out a little laugh. “Wouldn’t it be weird if I say I was in love with Heechul?”

It was a little harmless thing that I was joking about, but somehow his face turned slightly gloomy.

“B-But, you never know.” He said. “Heechul… might just be more different than you expected.”

I tilted and wondered what he meant. “How so?”

“Uh…”

There was silence.

I waited then quickly changed the subject and told him how Taecyeon’s been treating me. In case he might think I wasn’t serious about it.

“He’s really nice,” I said. “And…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter