New Year, New Job, New Start

Superstar Maid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Chapter song: Super Junior-Wonder Boy )

 

RINGGGGGGGGGGG!

I jolted from bed when my alarm clock practically rang in my ears. It was precisely 8:15 in the morning. I hit the Snooze button, chucked the Angry Bird alarm clock inside the drawer and ruffled my hazel brown hair roughly hoping that’d give me a head start. Then I remembered something and my eyes widened. I immediately took out the clock from the drawer and stared at the numbers. 8:19.

Snap, I gotta get to work!

I sprung from under the covers and hopped to open my dark purple curtains. Light reflected inside my room and blinded my eyes but I didn’t give a care. I skipped ahead to get ready for the day and found myself wearing the usuals: T-shirt and my favorite dark faded jeans.

I hurried to tie my shoelaces and grab my cap from the dresser. I looked at myself once more in the mirror as I adjusted the cap perfectly on my head.

Now I’m ready. I grinned to myself and grabbed my navy blue backpack from beside my bed.

I walked out from my room, into the living room, and out from my little apartment with a bang! on the door.

I set off to work by getting on the bus & arrived on time within just fifteen minutes as usual. I hopped down the bus and pushed open the door with the sign Open. I ran quickly into the dressing room at the back to get changed into my Maid uniform. After tying my apron around my waist into a tiny little bow, I was ready for work.  

“Jade, coffee for table two!” one of the girls shouted.

I nodded and took the tray and settled it on a table with a smile. “Here you go, miss.” I bowed and left.

I felt a buzz in my jean pocket and instantly took out my phone.

“Hello?” I answered hastily without looking at the ID.

“We haven’t seen each other for only two days and you’ve already forgotten about me?” a teasing voice exclaimed on the other end.

“Of course I’d recognize your voice, Yesung.” I chuckled. “I’m just a bit tied up with work right now.”

“Ok, I’ll make it quick then. Tomorrow’s New Year.” He said.

“Oh yea.” I nodded. Then I remembered one more thing. “Wait, Sungmin’s birthday!” I exclaimed like an idiot and slapped my forehead. “I completely forgot!”

I could tell he was rolling his eyes on the other end. “You’re lucky I called you.”

“Yea, yea… So what’s the plan?” I asked him.

“Well considering we’ve got the New Year Countdown show to do tonight, me and the guys were planning to surprise him there right after the concert. What do you think?”

“Sounds great. Want me to sponsor the cake? I’ll grab one from the café.” I offered.

“Is it ok with you?” he asked.

“Nah, don’t worry about it. I can get a discount.” I winked.

“Do you want me to pick you up from work? We can go straight to the concert from there-”

“N-No need!” I cut him off. “I’ll come by the dorms later and we can go from there.”

“Alright then. Oh, and remember not to tell Sungmin about it.”

“No worries.” I assured him.

I bit my lower lip as the call ended and stared at my white Blackberry. There was no way I was gonna let him come by and see me like this. No one, none of them, knows where I work. I mean I couldn’t tell them I was working at the downtown Maid Café, could I?

I shook the thought away and continued my work. But once in a while my heart beat; it ached, and even dropped. But I shook my head, closed my eyes and told myself. It’s Sungmin’s birthday. I have to be happy for him.

 

Once my job was done, I changed back into my daily clothes, packed the cakes, hurried into a taxi, and rode off to the guys’ dorm. When I arrived I went up the elevator and up to their level. Once I reached in front of their dorm, I settled the cakes on the floor gently and opened the front door using the extra key in my hand.

“Guys! I’m here!” I shouted. “Anyone home?” I looked around with the cakes in my hands. “Anyone wanna help me here?” I exclaimed sarcastically as I closed the door using my foot.

Before I could say anything else, a loud bang from the living room caught my attention, followed by a crash.

What the heck-

I ran in quickly to sneak at what was going on. Donghae was throwing books, pillows, DVDs, while Heechul was practically shoving whatever it is he could find, towards him.

I sighed and shook my head. Seriously. Not again!

I sat the cakes on the dining table and furiously marched towards the two. Heechul was about to throw a lamp until I barged in and grabbed his wrist.

“Don’t even think about it.” I glared. He paused, and so did Donghae.

He swiftly hid the lamp behind his back and smiled dorkily at me. “Jade! Uh, when did you get here?” he asked casually. I rolled my eyes and caught Donghae trying to sneak away.

“Lee Donghae, SIT.” I growled. He ran towards the couch and obediently sat down like an angel. I let out another sigh and shook my head. “Seriously, guys. What now?” I asked them.

Heechul began to blab on, ‘till Donghae got up from the couch and pushed him aside as he began to tell his side of the story.

“STOP.” I held my hand out in front of their faces. The two shut their mouth and stood quietly. “I don’t wanna know what happened. Just forgive and forget. Simple enough?”

They opened their mouth to protest, but one glare from me and they nodded without hesitation. It’s never good when the two of them fight. I like it better when Heechul fight with Eunhyuk. Not that I want him to fight, just that their fights are less… disastrous.

As the two of them left, I stood alone in the living room, ready to clean up after their mess, as usual.

“And people think that Leeteuk’s the one who cleans up after their fights…” I complained to myself as I picked up the couch pillows and organized them.

“Jade?” I lifted my head up to see Henry running in, giving me a big, suffocating bear hug. “You’re back!” he grinned widely while literally lifting me off the ground. 

“H-Henry!” I squeaked in his grasp. “C-Can’t.. breathe!”

He finally put me down, but still had his hands gripped tight on both my shoulders. I couldn’t help but chuckle at his reaction.

“I was gone two days. Not a whole year!”

“Sorry.” He let out a playful g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter