Rain and Tear

I Can See Nothing But You

 

Recap:

"Are you okay? Do you want me to help you up?", Wu Chun offered his hand to help Even.

 

"You are Even, right?", Jiro asked. "I really apologized for what happened just now. Aaron and Calvin were just playing around. Don't mind them, okay? If you want, we can treat you for dinner.", he continued.

 

"Hmmm... Thanks... But we're in a hurry. Maybe, next time will do. We're going now. Bye.", Reen hurriedly said as he pulled Even away from the guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mom, we're home!!", Reen shouted as they enter their house.

 

Mrs. Yu, Reen's mom, came out from the kitchen and gave the 2 girls a hug. "Are you both hungry? I'll prepare dinner for you.", she asked.

 

"Hmm... But mom, we already ate at the cafe before we go home.", her daughter said.

 

"Oh, okay. Go to your rooms now and get rest. I know that you're already tired from school. Just call me if you're hungry, okay? I'll be in my room.", Mrs. Yu said. She's very considerate when it comes to the girls. That's how much she loves them.

 

While Even was in her room, she looked at the picture frame where she and a boy took a pic in a playground when they were younger. A tear dropped on her eyes as she recalled when they first met.

 

*Flashback*

Little Even was sitting on the swing, crying. It's because her playmate pushed her intentionally that cause her to have a big wound on her knee. A little boy saw her crying so he decided to go to her and asked why is she crying. 

 

"Hi there. Why are you crying here alone?", the little boy asked.

 

Even looked up to see who is the boy in front of her. As she saw him, she stopped crying as she was mesmerized by his cuteness. She wiped her tears, smiled and finally said, "Hmm.. Nothing, it's just that my playmate pushed me intentionally and I don't know why."

 

The boy looked around to see who is her playmate but he saw no one. He asked, "Where is your playmate?"

 

"She already left me here alone.", she pouted, trying not to cry again.

 

"It's okay. If you want, from now on, I can be your playmate. Is that okay?", he comforted her.

 

Even smiled that finally she found her new playmate, or new bestfriend maybe. Every afternoon, they always meet at the playground to play. Sometimes, they are going to the little boy's house for them to watch tv and play as well. Even's parents were happy to see their little daughter having fun with her friend. It became her habit everyday. As the time goes by, Even and the little boy became closer and closer until something came unexpectedly...

 

"Even... I have something to tell you.", the little boy said.

 

"What is it?", she said excitedly, expecting that he will confess his feeling for her as she has a crush on him.

 

"My parents will be migrating in New York and they want me to go with them.", he said.

 

Tears are forming to Even's eyes. She can't believe that her one and only bestfriend will be leaving her too. The little boy hugged her tightly and whispered, "Don't worry, I'll be back. I'll promise to be back for you but promise me to wait for me too." She nodded.

 

Little thing that Even didn't know is that he already left at the same day. He just asked his parents to give him some time to tell her that they will leave the country. As Even wake up the next day, after eating her breakfast, she went to the little boy's house but no one opening the door. She asked the neighborhood but unfortunately they said that the owner of that house already left. She cried as the rain falls.