Cherish

I Can See Nothing But You

Recap:

As they have a happy dinner, Even got a text message. She quickly grabs the phone in her bag and read the message. She wonder who texted her as there’s no name registered in her phone.

 

Hi little ghost. I’m so excited to see you soon. ~ Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week after, Chen’s mansion had been transformed with lights and decorations for the homecoming of Mr. Chen, the owner of Chen Car Company. Reen, Liya and Even walked through the entrance in disbelief on how big Ivy’s house is. They were closely followed by Aaron, Jiro and Siwon. As they made their way, a lot of visitors is taking their time to enjoy the party.

 

The Chen siblings with Chun, of course, welcomed their friends.  This party would not be complete for them without their friends. As they made their way to the dining area, Siwon noticed how elegant Ivy is in her blue coral party dress that she’s wearing.

 

“Hey. You look so pretty in your dress tonight.”, he elegantly complimented her.

 

“Huh?”, Ivy looked at him confused on what he said a while ago. She didn’t hear him as the sound is so loud. Siwon ignored her as he doesn’t want to repeat his sentence to her anymore. He excused himself as he wants to go somewhere else.

 

“Wei!”, Ivy shouted but Siwon is already walked away. She looks at her friends and asked them, “What’s with him tonight? Does he have mood swings again?”

 

“Aiyoo… Maybe, he’s hurt.”, Even said to her straightforwardly.

 

“Hurt? Hurt about what?”, Ivy looks more confused now.

 

“Oh please Ivy. Siwon just complimented you a while ago, but you just answered him with a “HUH??”. Who would be happy with that answer?”, Even said. She also mimicked Ivy on saying the word “Huh?”.

 

“Even… The sounds here are so loud. I didn’t hear him, you know.”, Ivy trying to explain.

 

“Gosh. Do you have a hearing problem?”, Liya said. “I even heard him say that you look so pretty in your dress tonight.”, she now repeated what Siwon said to Ivy.

 

“Huh! Don’t joke around Liya. It’s not so funny.”, she said with a fake laugh. “Siwon? Will say something like that? Oh come on. It would be the end of the world if he says that to me.”

 

“Sis. What Liya had said is true. All of us here heard that. That’s why it’s impossible for you not to hear him say that to you.”, Calvin said. “You know sis, it’s so rare to hear him say that and you know it since where young. It’s only you who he had said something like that.”

 

After Calvin explained it to her sister, he grabbed Reen’s hands and walked to the other side of the room, leaving his sister dumbfounded. Reen was surprised that Calvin holds her hands. Ever since, Calvin never holds her hands as he always that when he will holds hers, his hands would get dirty.

 

Then, Jiro and Liya went to the garden to have some time alone. Even though they are texting each other, they never got a chance to have a talk alone.

 

“Well Ivy, I think that you should talk to him.”, Aaron said to Ivy. He holds Even’s hands and said, “Let’s go somewhere.”

 

Now, Ivy is alone in the middle of the room, with a lot of visitors around him. While talking to some visitors, Ella noticed her sister not moving an inch at her place. She approached her little sister and asked where the others are.

 

“Ivy, where are the others? How come you’re just the only one here?”, Ella asked.

 

“Hmm… I guess that they got their pairs and want to have some time alone.”, Ivy said while staring somewhere else without blinking her eyes. “Jie, would you excuse me for a while. I need to talk to somebody.”

 

But before she took a few steps, her dad speaks on the microphone at the stage. All visitors were looking at Mr. Chen now. No one dared to move and ready to listen for his announcement. Even those people who are at the outside of the mansion immediately went inside. They are sure that Mr. Chen will now announce the important thing that they want to hear.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, first of all, I want to thank all of you who are here now. As you already know, there’s an important thing that I want to announce. So, I won’t take it so long, but first, I call on my first daughter, Ella Chen,  to come on stage.” Mr. Chen said.

 

All visitors looked around to see Mr. Chen’s daughter. When Ella heard her name, she slowly walked on stage and of course, she was escorted by her fiancé, Chun. The visitors clapped as Ella goes up on stage with Chun.

 

“I know that you know that my daughter is the one who is in charge of my business in Korea. And three years before, you witness the engagement between my daughter and her fiancé. Now, I would like to announce that they will get married after they will finish their studies this year.” This announcement made by Mr. Chen gave a shock to the audience, most especially to Ella. She knows herself that she really wanted to marry Chun but not that too early. It same goes to Chun but if that’s what Mr. Chen wants, he respected his decision.

 

“I know that this announcement gave you a little surprise but I’ve already told and asked about this to Mr. Wu. Even though he’s not here tonight, he already knows about this announcement. Now, I wanted to hear any words from Ella and Chun.”, Mr. Chen added as he gave the microphone to Chun.

 

“Thank you, Mr. Chen. Well, there’s nothing much that I wanted to say. If that’s what you want, I respected it but if Ella doesn’t want to marry me that soon, I won’t force her.”, Chun gentlemanly said in front of Ella’s father.

 

“Chun?”, Ella looked at him with a teary eyes. She was touched by his fiancé as he really knows her so well. Chun took out a handkerchief on his pocket and slowly wiped Ella’s tears.

 

“Sshh… Don’t cry. You will be ugly if you cry.”, Chun but sweetly. “So, what’s your answer? It’s okay if you don’t want yet. I will wait for you until forever.”

 

Ella hugged him tightly. She’s now sure that she found the right man for her. Even though she wants to be married 2 years after she graduates, her dad’s idea is not that bad. She looked at Chun, who is waiting for her answer, and smiled. “Yes! I want to marry you!”, she finally said and gave her fiancé a hug. “I want to be with you forever.”, she whispered to him.

 

“I love you. I’ll cherish you forever and never make you cry. I promise that.”, Chun whispered to Ella too. As they kissed in front of the visitors, all gave the couple a round of applause. But there’s a one girl who is still sad.

 

“I’m so happy that Ella jie and Chun ge ge will be married soon. But why is it I can’t smile right now.”, Ivy mumbled to herself while looking at the guy across her.

 

“I’m so happy that Ella finally agreed to get married to his fiancé soon but there’s another announcement that I want to say. The reason that I decided to go back here in Taiwan is because I want you all to meet my second daughter.”, Mr. Chen spoke once again. “I guess some of you already met her, but she’s still young at that time. So, it’ the right time to meet her again. Please come on stage, Miss Ivy Chen.”, he announced.

 

 

Ivy was surprised by this as well. She never thought that her dad would do something like this. The thing that she hated the most is the attention, but there’s nothing that she do. Her dad already announced it, so, she has no choice but to get up on stage.

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Ivy Chen.”, Ivy introduced herself. All gave her a round of applause once again.

 

“Now that you already met my second daughter, I want to tell that she will be the one who will handle my business here in Taiwan as she doesn’t want to stay in America. She--…”, Mr. Chen said but didn’t finish his sentence as Ivy shouted in disbelief.

 

“What?”, Ivy shouted. Now, it’s now going too far. After the attention that she hated the most, here goes another headache for her. Now, she doesn’t know what else that her dad will say afterwards.

 

“Yes, my princess. Whether you like it or not, you will handle our business here. And starting tomorrow, you will be living at our mansion. It’s the best way to protect you from our competitors.”, Mr. Chen said as calmly as he can. There’s already some tense going on between Ivy and her father.

 

“What?! It’s not fair. You know that I just want to live a normal life, that’s why I live with my friends. I want to be independent, yet you still control my life.”, Ivy is now getting irritated.

 

“Honey, it’s for your safety. And if you still don’t know, I already hired some bodyguards to look after you when you are in your school.”, Mr. Chen is trying to explain to her daughter.

 

“NO!! I don’t want! I don’t want to have a bodyguard. I can handle myself!”, she is shouting now, getting angrier.

 

“Well, if you don’t want the bodyguards with you. Hmm…”, Mr. Chen said while looking around the crowed. “Aha! Let Siwon look after you then. That’s much better. And besides, he’s your chi--“, once again, Mr. Chen was cut-off by his daughter.

 

“DAD!!! Are you out of your mind?”, Ivy shouted again. But this time, she was not sure why she is so angry about that matter.

 

“Well, take it or I will cut off your allowance from now on.”, Mr. Chen dared her daughter.

 

Ivy is angrier to her dad at that moment but if her dad will do what he said a while ago, then, she has no choice but to deal with it. “Fine, whatever.”, she said and walked out.

 

Siwon tried to follow her but Reen stopped him. “Just let her to be alone for now. I’m sure that she just wants to take some time to think. Upon my understanding about Ivy’s personality, whenever she’s mad, she always wants by herself at a place where she can be alone.” Siwon nodded, but deep inside, he’s starting to worry about Ivy.

 

Meanwhile, Ivy stomped off outside and went to her favorite place in their house which is the secret garden that she made when she was younger. It’s where she always hang-out whenever she wants to be alone. While still thinking from what happened earlier, she didn’t notice a girl walking to her direction and got bumped unto the girl.

 

“Oh my… I’m so sorry. I didn’t--”, the girl apologized but got stopped. “Ivy?”, the girl said in disbelief.